Dazog

Sep 30, 2009
ro.build.display.id=CUPCAKE.eng.u70000.20100114.191317
ro.build.version.release=1.5
ro.build.date=Thu Jan 14 19:14:51 CST 2010

Rogers apk's are present.

Teletran

Oct 25, 2009
The big questions is whether or not this update will remove root accessibility.

I really would rather not update if that is the case.

dreckis604

May 3, 2008
how do we upgrade to this rogers version if we are running a custom rom??? i dont wanna screw up my phone?? im running the hofo rom can i just upgrade directly to this?

psyminion

Aug 5, 2009
total newb question

Will we lose the ability to flash a new Rom? Ie. does the perfected SPL remove the ability of the recovery?

Taknarosh

Aug 6, 2009
Montreal
I just phoned in and asked about the update. The fella didn't seem TOO savvy about it at all - he didn't know what a custom rom was.

He did, however, say that rogers is able to check what version you have through your "IP when you connect", and he wasn't 100% sure about what would happen to custom roms.

Frankly I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, IPs are given out by the service provider. In this case Rogers. Not the other way around.

It can't be a hardware or hard coded based identification (MAC address, IMEI).
The only way I can think of Rogers knowing if you upgraded or not by the Build Number (not to sure how).

I suppose theoretically, if someone can get a dump of the build, hotweiss or redglasses, and patch it into their ROMs and we upgrade to them and Rogers sees the build #. Then our 3G connection should be restored.

Hmmm I just got the Rogers Update text message and is was only in French.

You'll get it in English soon after.

how do we upgrade to this rogers version if we are running a custom rom??? i dont wanna screw up my phone?? im running the hofo rom can i just upgrade directly to this?

If you enjoy installing Custom ROMs you might want to hold of upgrading. There is confusion whether it's shipped with a perfected SPL.

Last edited:

Teletran

Oct 25, 2009
I just wanted to post a link to a thread on another forum where a user mentioned the following:
"I just called Rogers and told them what if I didn't want to update or I was running a custom rom. and they said if my internet is turned off just give them a call and they will turn it back on. "

dreckis604

May 3, 2008
Guys my question is what happens if we have a custom rom.... for my sake i have the hofo rom, can we simply run this update and not have to worry??? I dont want to brick my phone!

daeshawn

Mar 5, 2008
Toronto
Guys my question is what happens if we have a custom rom.... for my sake i have the hofo rom, can we simply run this update and not have to worry??? I dont want to brick my phone!
i would hold off until someone figures out if its a perfect spl or not. I would think hotwiess would be able to mod it so that we can install it without having to worry

DaMonk

Sep 17, 2009
Confirmed form someone over at HowardForums
Firmware Version: 1.5
Radio: 6.35.10.18
HBoot: 1.76.0010

widowmaker777

Jan 23, 2010
I just wanted to post a link to a thread on another forum where a user mentioned the following:
"I just called Rogers and told them what if I didn't want to update or I was running a custom rom. and they said if my internet is turned off just give them a call and they will turn it back on. "

This better be true or I'm firing off an irate email and phone call.

kassemalaa

Nov 20, 2009
Montreal
will it brick my phone?

hey guys, i am using a custom rom (myHero) and i want to upgrade to the latest rogers update, since it will be optimized for our phone, i have 2 quastions mainly:

1:will it brick my phone (because of the spl)?
2:can i root the phone once updated, using the 1click method?

this is getting really confusing! :confused: