[Q] Huawei U8800 Pro Hard Brick

Search This thread

Matoxas

Feb 8, 2012
Hello, Guys, Its my first post here, so i allready sorry for my bad English.

I have a big problem with my phone, the this is that when i try to turn it on huawei logo appears and after ~5 seconds it dissapears and nothing happens, phone just turns off. I also cant get acces to CMW. Al i can do is to go to pink screen mode. I also tyed to put dload folder with updates to sdhc card, but when i am trying to load i with 3 buttons combination (VOL +- + power on button), pink screen appears... What should i do in this situation? Maybe anyone had faced this problem, and how have you solved it?

Again sorry for my poor English , and thanks for your help :)

R4DK0

Dec 6, 2011
Ljubljana
qrac.zapto.org
I had the same expirience, when I flashed u8800 PRO "dload" on my u8800. I took it to the warranty, acted like I'm dumb and they replaced the motherboard.

If it does not respond by putting "dload" folder on the sdcard and pressing all the (three) buttons, I am deeply sorry for your loss, if you dont have it under warranty.

Tmp341

Dec 18, 2011
If you have tried this more then 2 times, your recovery file is gone and your system files corrupted.And there isn't enough space for new rom.

I don't know it is working or not, but xmsnx tried it on his u8800 (not pro) and managed backing up the phone.

Yes!!!! My phone works"!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Ok here's what I did

Download http://mediafire.com/?1hbk6n46hgamyt6
Unzip it, and find UPDATE.APP
Put UPDATE.APP in a dload folder and upload to empty sdcard.
Put sdcard in phone, and hold vol+/- and power and flash it.
After phone has restarted pull battery.
Download http://www.mediafire.com/?6hrfz36b8e2vw87
Unzip and copy the dload folder to empty sdcard.
Hold vol+/- and power and flash it.
After it fails near the end or if it restarts then pull battery.
Download a rooted boot.img and a clockworkmod recovery.img (got both mine from links at modaco)
Attach phone to PC in pink screen mode and delete the boot.img and recover.img files.
Upload the downloaded root.img and recovery.img to image folder in phone.
Download any custom rom from XDA, I used http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475687 and upload it to sdcard
Pull battery.
Hold vol+ and power and go into clockworkmod, wipe everything and flash the custom rom!!

Good luck!

Last edited:

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To Q&A

Please post all questions in the Q&A section​

halman

Mar 20, 2012
Athens
Maybe you should try again using a sd card with the dload folder without the battery?

I also had the same problem and almost lost all hope, but in the 10th time I tried it worked! Don't know why, just came back from the dead.:)

PS: I am looking for a broken ideos to replace the back casing. If you dont succeed, maybe you could pm me to buy your phone