Search This thread

mrxd

Dec 20, 2010
South Australia

mmse88

Jan 26, 2011
Hong Kong
Sleep of death

I was using siyah and switched to neak but both seemed not too stable to me. After I flashed to nightly cm9 i9100 0420 without flashing other customized kernel and I faced sleep of death twice in the middle of the night and for the past three days. So yesterday thought that must to do with their kernel, so I flashed back to siyah. But in the middle of the night when my phone totally in deep sleep, but my i9100 also sleep in death. Does anyone have the aforesaid problem any solution can help? I just flashed to neak latest version 2.0.3x and see when this problem occurs.

One more thing, after flashed to neak or siyah. When everytime I make a nadroid backup in CWM mode, after choose restart the system and it will stuck in rebooting messages.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
- READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
- Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH: Download (flash as PDA with odin or extract and $ sudo heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin)
- make sure you're running a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Flash GApps zip
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
- Reboot
- Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
- Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
- Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
- Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
- Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
- Open Odin
- Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
- Boot your phone into download mode
- Connect your device via usb to your computer
- Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
- Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
- Device boots automatically into recovery
- Flash GApps, wipe cache and dalvik-cache
- Reboot into CM9
- Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
20120420: Download
20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
LPS Modem: Download
LPR Modem: Download
LPQ Modem: Download
LPJ Modem: Download
Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files

Thread for Developers only!!!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
NLXAX.png
LBnUm.png
QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
Thanks to all donators!

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
I was using siyah and switched to neak but both seemed not too stable to me. After I flashed to nightly cm9 i9100 0420 without flashing other customized kernel and I faced sleep of death twice in the middle of the night and for the past three days. So yesterday thought that must to do with their kernel, so I flashed back to siyah. But in the middle of the night when my phone totally in deep sleep, but my i9100 also sleep in death. Does anyone have the aforesaid problem any solution can help? I just flashed to neak latest version 2.0.3x and see when this problem occurs.

One more thing, after flashed to neak or siyah. When everytime I make a nadroid backup in CWM mode, after choose restart the system and it will stuck in rebooting messages.

Why on earth did you quote the entire first post?

Edit: using custom kernels can cause problems, even after flashing back to the CM stock kernel as init.d scripts, etc... may not be removed and may cause conflicts, if you are having issues do a full wipe including factory reset and install CM fresh, if you still have problems after that then it may be CM related.

mmse88

Jan 26, 2011
Hong Kong
I am new coming sorry don't know the rules.

I am sorry I am totally new here and thanks for your advice.

Things that you said and I have done. I did even format both sd cards. I used cleaning scripts to cleanup all other kernel scripts but seems problem cannot be solved.:(

Why on earth did you quote the entire first post?

Edit: using custom kernels can cause problems, even after flashing back to the CM stock kernel as init.d scripts, etc... may not be removed and may cause conflicts, if you are having issues do a full wipe including factory reset and install CM fresh, if you still have problems after that then it may be CM related.

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
I am sorry I am totally new here and thanks for your advice.

Things that you said and I have done. I did even format both sd cards. I used cleaning scripts to cleanup all other kernel scripts but seems problem cannot be solved.:(

Using CPU spy, EXtweaks, Voltage Control, Tegrak, etc... to Undervolt or Underclock your phone? If you are remove these settings and set them back to stock, that might be the problem.

mmse88

Jan 26, 2011
Hong Kong
I did everying

I did everything so just wanna know weather is just my problem. If anyone facing the same problem like me please kindly let me know. So I really don;t know what causes sleep in death. Thanks indeed:eek:

Using CPU spy, EXtweaks, Voltage Control, Tegrak, etc... to Undervolt or Underclock your phone? If you are remove these settings and set them back to stock, that might be the problem.

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
I've done a full wipe, newest nightly, gps fix (along with some of the play store ones), stock kernel, and when I open maps, the gps indicator doesn't blink and after a while just says "location temporarily unavailable." ideas?

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Last edited:

Scuttsy

Mar 20, 2012
They will come in time but I'd rather lockscreen wallpaper and fixed lockscreen music controls before theme support.
Music controls show on the top half of the screen with dim album art and the rest of the screen black. Is that the same for everyone else?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
Good to know I'll keep that in mind for future builds (as well as not using the gps fix now). I wonder if it is the rainy weather right now doing it....I flashed an old build I had saved from 04/07 and was having gps issues...but this has been going on for about a week I'd say, corresponding the with memory change and me getting an aluminum case. Too many variables, so I'm trying to eliminate them (took the case off, tried an old rom, etc.)

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Good to know I'll keep that in mind for future builds (as well as not using the gps fix now). I wonder if it is the rainy weather right now doing it....I flashed an old build I had saved from 04/07 and was having gps issues...but this has been going on for about a week I'd say, corresponding the with memory change and me getting an aluminum case. Too many variables, so I'm trying to eliminate them (took the case off, tried an old rom, etc.)

It looks as though mine is working, the compass is still wonky as hell but I do get a lock so I don't think it's the ROM.

I also didn't intend to delete what I said, I was trying to edit something else :p

Aroldoa

Jan 17, 2012
I instaled the last version of cyanogen from gingerbread 2.3.4. All gone ok but I can´t conect to my WIFI net. Its try to connect 3 times and give me a error message.
I´m sure about my password and I´m using a wpa2 psk.
Any help?

fabiocastilhos

Feb 1, 2011
Anyone having device compatibility issues on google play? I can't find even basic apps, like Facebook.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

shotta35

Nov 30, 2008
NYC & Germany
Please guys, fix the jumping search button in dialer. Since I know about this this bug, it drives me crazy. ;)

Here's how to reproduce:
1) Kill dialer app (close it completeley via task manager, or reboot).
2) Open dialer app.
3) Swipe left > search button disappears.
4) Swipe right > search button appears.
5) Swipe left > search button jumps up (which is the intended behaviour i think).

Thank's guys!

Intended as you said, guess Google will need to fix that eventually.

When CyanogenMod is planning to fix the compass issue? Many of us use the gps. I know that Cyanogen is using the opensource drivers replacing the Samsung Original drivers but we need the GPS. :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

GPS should work just fine without compass, that's basically only needed for certain apps as GPS will lock the arrow based on your direction.

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8
I'll think you'll find it does not

Applications which are hard coded to use /sdcard/ will use your external SD for storing their ****, regardless on what settings you tick.

The changes I have stated in my post will change the mount points back.

Code:
shell@android:/ # df
df
Filesystem             Size   Used   Free   Blksize
/dev                   414M    32K   414M   4096
/mnt/asec              414M     0K   414M   4096
/mnt/obb               414M     0K   414M   4096
/system                503M   245M   258M   4096
/cache                  98M    52M    46M   4096
/data                    1G     1G   577M   4096
/preload               503M   236M   267M   4096
/efs                    19M     9M    10M   4096
/mnt/emmc               29G    13G    16G   16384
/mnt/sdcard             11G     8G     3G   32768
/mnt/secure/asec        11G     8G     3G   32768
and

Code:
shell@android:/ # mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /system ext4 ro,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /preload ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /efs ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:25 /mnt/emmc vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/259:3 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/259:3 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.levelokment.storageanalyser-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.digimentgames.android.boxit2-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

So that means if you don't have an SD card, you're stuffed as your apps will not have anywhere to store "****"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p