[Q] I've really messed up my phone, can't seem to install stock ROM now

Search This thread

Euskadi

Feb 10, 2014
How can I flash a stock ROM considering I cannot boot the phone up normally in order to put the file onto the phone? The Moto G has no external storage so I can't use an SD card.

I get get into the bootloader, and I have managed to install Team Win Recovery Project but don't know what else to do!

IamJAX

May 11, 2009
Bangalore
How can I flash a stock ROM considering I cannot boot the phone up normally in order to put the file onto the phone? The Moto G has no external storage so I can't use an SD card.

I get get into the bootloader, and I have managed to install Team Win Recovery Project but don't know what else to do!

Disclaimer : I have not used TWRP recovery on Moto G. So may have errors in my post :)

You have 2 options.

1. On some versions of TWRP, under advanced you have an option to mount USB. You can the access the phone as a drive from a computer.
2. Use ADB to push file to the phone. Install drivers and ADB works in recovery,

Euskadi

Feb 10, 2014
Thanks I actually found out about the adb push thing just after making this thread. I was able to push Beanstalk onto the device and install it through TWRP, however it's just stuck on the Beanstalk bootscreen forever. I tried installing it again and the same thing is happening. This also happened earlier when I tried to install Cyanogenmod :(

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
Once when i wanted to flash Stock 4.3 i got also stuck in bootanimation.
To restore Stock i had to execute flashall.bat /eu. The option /eu erases userdata. Once i did this my phone booted without any issues.

So what you can try is to erase userdata via fastboot or cwm

fastboot erase userdata

Euskadi

Feb 10, 2014
onyinly made

I tried one final Hail Mary before going to be last night, erased all data and installed Cyanogenmod again and I'm pleased to say it worked!

Only downside is I've lost all my apps & data. Now I did back these up using Titanium, and stored them on Google Drive, however the reason I got into this mess in the first place is because I manually flashed the 4.4.2 update, which worked ok, but then when I restored my apps/data with Titanium my soft buttons (back button etc) disappeared!

I guess I'll just play it safe and not try to restore the back up this time.

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
M8 u couldn't give a walk through guide how u pushed ROM to phone pls

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Euskadi

Feb 10, 2014
M8 u couldn't give a walk through guide how u pushed ROM to phone pls

Not exactly an expert myself but look for a download of 'Fastboot', it should have a program called adb.exe or abd-windows.exe. Turn on your phone while holding the Volume Down button and it should start into the bootloader screen, plug in the USB and it will say it's connected.

Then you go to the folder (on your PC) that has adb.exe - put your ROM .zip into this folder - then hold shift and right-click somewhere inside the folder (not on a file) and choose "Open command window here".

Then you just type "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard" where ROM.zip is the name of the zip file. note: you might have to type adb-windows instead, depends what .exe you have

Then just wait until it finishes transferring. Will take 30 secs or so for a 200mb ROM.

I'm sure if you google "adb push" you'll get some better instructions, with downloads etc

marc_miranda

Feb 6, 2014
While reverting to stock it's important to use mfastboot(moto-fastboot) instead of normal fastboot. Download mfastboot.exe and place in adb folder, and replace 'fastboot' commands with 'mfastboot'

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
Or try supertool on root junkies download site worked for me to get o t a kit kat

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app