[Q] Opinion on Moto X vs Galaxy Grand 2

Search This thread

anuj247

Nov 12, 2010
Bombay
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question on, so forgive me if I'm making a mistake.

I am debating between buying the Moto X and Grand 2.

I use my phone to read ebooks, to take videos and pictures and to browse the internet plus I use it for work emails, whatsapp, etc.

Both phones are in the same price range.

Based on my requirements of video shooting reading ebooks, etc, which is a better phone for me?

I ask because some reviews I read said that the Moto X has a very very bad camera. I'm also debating just waiting till the end of summer for the Moto X2 or X+1 whatever it's called.

What do y'all think?

Option 1: Moto X
Option 2: Grand 2
Option 3: Wait for Moto X2 / X+1
Option 4: ???

Last edited:

Wutang200

Jul 14, 2011
Manchester
See the thread below to see the kinds of pictures the Moto X camera can take. I wouldn't say it's terrible but not great either, kind of in between.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/post-photos-clicked-moto-x-t2405312

For me, I'm not too focused on picture quality so the Moto X camera is fine.

If you're after something that takes great photos then you might want to look at Sony or even Nokia. For eBook reading, I'd be looking at a big display size of 5 inches minimum.

I'm not too keen on Samsungs due to the rubbish Touchwiz software that comes pre-installed. Not sure about their camera quality either.

Reactions: anuj247

anuj247

Nov 12, 2010
Bombay
Thanks for the response!

See the thread below to see the kinds of pictures the Moto X camera can take. I wouldn't say it's terrible but not great either, kind of in between.

Gotcha, thank you.

If you're after something that takes great photos then you might want to look at Sony or even Nokia. For eBook reading, I'd be looking at a big display size of 5 inches minimum.

Yes, I am currently using a 5 inch screen phone and I want that big screen for sure. I don't think there's any Sony phone out there in the same price range. I don't want to consider Nokia because I want to stick to Android.

I'm not too keen on Samsungs due to the rubbish Touchwiz software that comes pre-installed. Not sure about their camera quality either.

This has been my issue with Samsung as well. I had the Galaxy S1 back in the day (lol) and I don't want to go through Touchwiz again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.