4G LTE

Search This thread

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
Sprint's changing their pricing in April, so I'm jumping bandwagon to Verizon. Hopefully I wont have to wait long after I cancel with them to get a Bionic. :)

Anyways, something that's been haunting my curiosity is, will the 4G LTE be a switch on the phone, or will it automatically switch to 4G when it's available?

Thanks in advance,
Overstew

P.S. If you have a source, that'd be nice, too.

absens

Oct 5, 2010
It's gonna kick onto 4g where ever you get the coverage. No button pushing or switches.

truelove79

Jul 19, 2010
And you'll probably pay extra for 4G even if you can't get it in your area. Nothing like the crappy cell carriers forcing you to pay for something you can't even use.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk

royalsego

Dec 31, 2010
Houston
i would love to come over to verizon if sprint buys out tmo and tmo waives the ETF

i dont understand why the thunderbolt is getting so much more notice than the bionic... they're both set to release within a couple months of each other, but tbolt has piss poor specs, 1300mahz battery? really?

what's so bad about motorola that folks rather get a phone that's outdated spec wise?

SirGatez

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Seattle, FL
i would love to come over to verizon if sprint buys out tmo and tmo waives the ETF

i dont understand why the thunderbolt is getting so much more notice than the bionic... they're both set to release within a couple months of each other, but tbolt has piss poor specs, 1300mahz battery? really?

what's so bad about motorola that folks rather get a phone that's outdated spec wise?

HTC is know for their generally hackable devices...Motorola has been heading in the opposite direction, and it is very possible that even though the Xoom was unlocked they may decide to lock the Bionic.

I am seriously considering a Xoom...but I am waiting and if someone can root and flash the Bionic then I will possibily get one, but unless this tech material fiasco taking place gets worse I expect something better to be releasing about the same time as the Bionic.

Something yet unannounced maybe who knows, but it would have to outspec the Bionic... >:) and the way this game is played, there is always something just a little better just around the corner.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: royalsego

apDroid

Mar 7, 2011
Phoenix
Does anyone here have or know someone who has the Thunderbolt? If so, what does the contract say about Verizon being able to to adjust your monthly rate? Or is it locked in?

Thanks

azwildfire

Jul 31, 2010
Phoenix
I traded in my Atrix for the thunderbolt.

I am on a family plan and the cost of the plan is the same as it was for my Dinc.

Unlimited data (soft capped still) and no special fees for 4g.

My other line has an upgrade in april i am saving for the Bionic. It will be locked down like the atrix - but the atrix is by far still the best phone i have ever used - just at&t network is atrocioius!

eagle17

Nov 12, 2010
yes... well it took a little extra effort to unlock the tbolt... just as with the droidX I would guess the bionic will also get unlocked and rooted.. as for the OP I have not seen anything on the 4g modem for the bionic but I owned the tbolt and it does all the switching for you... infact that may have been the problem with the battery life...

I think there is at least two apps that allow you to manually turn on/off the lte modem though.

djfrost17

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles
I traded in my Atrix for the thunderbolt.

I am on a family plan and the cost of the plan is the same as it was for my Dinc.

Unlimited data (soft capped still) and no special fees for 4g.

My other line has an upgrade in april i am saving for the Bionic. It will be locked down like the atrix - but the atrix is by far still the best phone i have ever used - just at&t network is atrocioius!

...but i heard that the "no special fees 4G" is for a limited time...is this true?

OneStepAhead

May 2, 2009
Madison, WI
diztronic.com

i'm sure this has been answered already in this thread but whats so bad about moto is the locked bootloaders. While that may be a non issue for the masses its a huge issue on XDA. let's not forget the masses take their queue from us!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HTC is know for their generally hackable devices...Motorola has been heading in the opposite direction, and it is very possible that even though the Xoom was unlocked they may decide to lock the Bionic.

I am seriously considering a Xoom...but I am waiting and if someone can root and flash the Bionic then I will possibily get one, but unless this tech material fiasco taking place gets worse I expect something better to be releasing about the same time as the Bionic.

Something yet unannounced maybe who knows, but it would have to outspec the Bionic... >:) and the way this game is played, there is always something just a little better just around the corner.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk