ATLANTA
Re: [MOD/LOCKED/ROOTED] Imperium Agent Tuned Stock Jelly Bean v1.1.0

No root permissions

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

promek

Feb 5, 2011

Ok i got it now
I cleared my su permissions,and took out renamed the folder from IAJB-1 to just plain IAJB. Now were good

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
If this is just running a script, can we still use this on UNLOCKED stock zvb? I just might have to answer my own question shortly. :D I just like odexed ROMS. Without the bloat.

Edit: Yup. Worked just fine and removed the bloat without security error.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayP3

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
If this is just running a script, can we still use this on UNLOCKED stock zvb? I just might have to answer my own question shortly. :D I just like odexed ROMS. Without the bloat.

Edit: Yup. Worked just fine and removed the bloat without security error.

Odexed is the way to go. My daily is an odexed version of Initiative.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a

Is it, or will you make it available? I've seen some scripts that will re-odex, should I use one of them?

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Is it, or will you make it available? I've seen some scripts that will re-odex, should I use one of them?

I have, on a number of occasions, considered releasing an odexed version. However, Imperium Initiative has always had a very small user base. It generally has only 1/10th of the users that any other ROM has due to it's lack of "shiny things". This is due to it being more of a base for ROM builders (released and personal) and a lightweight testing platform for kernel devs. An odexed release would completely defeat the purpose.

If I were to release an odexed ROM, it would most likely be similar to Myn's Warm on a BAMF Paradigm base but really have no desire to do so.

short answer- probably not. give it a shot but don't expect mind blowing improvements in performance running odexed.

Last edited:
Reactions: engine95

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert

Is there a need for an app like adsfree with this script?

Thanks for the great work. Will be running this as soon as I root a little later tonight.

Sent from my LG-LS970

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert

That's what I figured. Just wanted to be sure.

Sent from my LG-LS970

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I just installed IA 2.0 everything seems to have worked fine, except I don't see all the apps in Application Manager to reinstall the ones I want. As I am missing lots of apps. It only shows me apps to Uninstall..... Am I missing something?

Are you rooted?
Did you install Busybox version 1.21.0?
What is your app count?
Did you reboot the phone?

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert
Re: [MOD/LOCKED/ROOTED] Imperium Agent Tuned Stock Jelly Bean v2.0.0 (03/28/13)

Can we know uninstall the 2 sprint apps? Or should I just do that with titanium with root only?

Sent from my LG-LS970

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Can we know uninstall the 2 sprint apps? Or should I just do that with titanium with root only?

Sent from my LG-LS970

Sprint ID and Sprint Zone can be removed. Just use the included Android Tuner app but you can use a root browser or Titanium if you want.

Now that I have an almost complete list of root removable apps I'll add it post #2 for everybody.

Are you rooted?
Did you install Busybox version 1.21.0?
What is your app count?
Did you reboot the phone?

Yes, yes, Application Manager shows "Installed Apps (11)", and Yes (twice to make sure).

Backup folder in IAJB Folder looks like all the apps are backed up, just thought they would show up in App Manager like your pics?

Last edited:

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Yes, yes, Application Manager shows "Installed Apps (11)", and Yes (twice to make sure).

Double check the folder location and layout. It should be as follows;
SDCARD
IAJB2
The script, tar.gz and "Backup" folder

Also try rebooting into recovery and wipe the cache

EDIT;
The original apps are backed up and cannot be moved to the bootup folder directly. The tar.gz contains the apps and mods that get installed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The LGOG is a decent device for what it is but I have found it to be a serious downgrade for what I need from a phone. With that being said, all development on the LGOG has ceased.
    from a PM I received
    BadFish79 said:
    Sorry to bug you, but I have a few questions concerning this mod. I will try to keep it simple if I can.
    Currently, I'm running v1.1.0 (which is working great). I am considering "upgrading" to v2.0.1.
    1) Do I need to run the restore file for v1 before going to v2?
    2) If running either script, when I need to do a factory reset, should I restore? If no restore, do I need to run the script again after the factory reset?
    3)On v2, I was looking at the apps list on post #2 and was curious about a couple of them as maybe I'm not seeing it right.
    LGHome3.apk BREAKS WIDGETS, meaning what? If it's unistalled, or installed?

*WILL NOT INSTALL*
    LGDownloadProviderUi.apk
    LinkBackup.apk
    LockScreen3.apk
    SmartShare.apk
    SprintID.apk
    SprintZone.apk
    WIFIOffload.apk
    YouTube.apk
    Again, meaning what? Not sure what a couple of those are, but I do know I don't want the sprint apps, but do want YouTube. So I can't install any of these with v2 of your mod or unistall?

I thank you again for your great work and efforts you put into your stuff. It is awesome of you to spend your free time giving us these things. I do know when I finally decide to fully unlock this device, if I don't go with an AOSP rom, I will be going with yours. I don't need/want the bells and whistle. I want simple and and streamlined.

Thanks again for your help and work.

I'm glad you like v1.1.0! V2.0.1 is a big improvement over the v1 series and I think you will like it.

1- v2 is an expansion on v1 so you do not need to run the restore script
    2- You can run v2 at any time. There is no need to factory reset prior to running v2
    3- All those things are listed under *BROKEN* which means that they cannot made uninstallable without serious issues

I'll probably release a barebones AOSP/CM mod in the future. I am letting those devs have the time to get it fully working before I start modding and tweaking it.
    Uploading v2.0.1 right now. Depending on how fast Goo.im is you should see it in about 10min.
    correct me if im wrong.. i can run this on lifeless v14 correct? is it jus adblock hosts n whats listed above? is it like a de bloater?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

It replaces the build.prop so I would suggest that you not. What I would suggest is you ask adri if he would include the hosts file in a minor update for lifeless. This is specifically for those that can't/won't unlock but want better performance from their phone. The next update may have a Goo Manager tie in for update notifications as well as more performance improvements.

Unfortunately our LG requires unlock to debloat so this is not a debloat script. You have to remember that removing bloat without unlock = soft brick. I am however looking into a way around this without breaking OTA updates or soft bricking the phone. It may take some time as I have to go back to stock rooted ZVB to test.