P900 noob

Search This thread

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
Any owners of p900 model?

Mine is coming and im looking for some guidance on how to make the most of the device / and or possibilities of customisation.

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
Some reviews question the performance of the exynos model... Have there been samsung software updates addressing the issues? Im also confused as to whether the 8 cores are simultaneously used or not in 5420( HMP feature , or whatever its called),

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Free mobile app

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Some reviews question the performance of the exynos model... Have there been samsung software updates addressing the issues? Im also confused as to whether the 8 cores are simultaneously used or not in 5420( HMP feature , or whatever its called),

The Exynos 5420 currently runs as a dual quad-core cpu. Either the four A7 cores are active, or when more performance is needed, the A7s turn off and the four A15 cores get enabled. From what I've read, HMP (having all 8 cores enabled simultaneously) will be enabled with a new kernel.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

*Omnipresent*

Apr 23, 2008
Beyond human comprehension

Apparently Samsung has some optimization work to do, with its octacore processor.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review...ote-Pro-12-2-LTE-SM-P905-Tablet.113712.0.html

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
Basically i am getting worried about the exynos version as in reviews there have been reports of stuttering or lag. Can that be mitigated by the user? Has there been any software update seen launch ? What were the changes / improvements, if any?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Basically i am getting worried about the exynos version as in reviews there have been reports of stuttering or lag. Can that be mitigated by the user? Has there been any software update seen launch ? What were the changes / improvements, if any?

Do you already have it in hand or is it still being shipped to you? Do you plan to root and debloat it?

Every use case is different but I can't say that I have much to complain about in terms of lag on this device. Maybe chrome but even there with some tweaks things can be improved.

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
Apparently, it will be shipped tomorrow and will arrive in a couple of more days thereon.. Thanks :) Any more feedback will be appreciated

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
You didn't mention your intention to root or not. IMO it will make a difference. Totally understandnot wanting to at first though. Using a third party launcher and adjusting animation scale in developer options helps too.

Between freezing applications in titanium backup and tweaking things using xposed modules or multi window app tweaks I've done so many tweaks to my device I don't know if I could name them all. Throughout it all the tablet performs admirably. I'm no gamer though.

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
Not rooting at first due to warranty considerations. I guess no samsung updates since launch? Im just wondering whether they are gonna optimize things for exynos etc and support it properly

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah my advice would be to not worry too much about benchmarks. Up until now I haven't run any on this device but I did install linpak and quadrant this morning to check. Both results are inconsistent with the article that was linked earlier in this thread. Linpak was consistently over 400 and got as high as 477 (each time claiming inconsistent results in its report) and quadrant showed a very low score of 11,000 or so.

Unless you game heavily though I'm sure things will work out fine for you.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
The note pros expos 5420 actually outperforms the snapdragon 800 in cpu
Power. The four in the snapdragon is a bit faster though. All in all the processors are practical equals in performance. The note pro wifi exynos 5420 is powerful enough to run any app or game you can download at high settings (minus those games specifically optimized for the snapdragon or tegra) I am pretty picky with devices and the note pro wife stock is one of the smoothest devices I have ever used. It certainly outperforms any tablet and only barely falls behind its little brother the note 3 in speed. The note 3 is smoother but I think this is due to the lower pixel count on the screen lowering the go load. The note pro wifi version will run emulators better than the snapdragon as well. Rooting will also do a lot for your performance by removing bloatware.
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: nesx87

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
I dont suppose there are ways to safely overclock exynos?

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

VenomousViper

Mar 4, 2012
Boca Raton
I dont suppose there are ways to safely overclock exynos?

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

There is really never a safe way to overclock any type of CPU or GPU the max safe setting IS what it is already set at 9 out of 10 times according to most CPU manufacturers IE Intel and AMD. Therefore, I would logically assume that since they recommend NOT going over the recommended settings, because you technically CAN fry out the CPU if not careful at any setting past the max safe setting the CPU is at stock no matter how little the tweak its possible. Not saying it will happen, but just saying its always a risk there is nothing safe when overclocking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are tons of postings here for you to go through

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    Any owners of p900 model?

Mine is coming and im looking for some guidance on how to make the most of the device / and or possibilities of customisation.

Rooted users are bridging the gap in developement with Xposed mods etc. :)

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
    If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button. ;)
    The note pros expos 5420 actually outperforms the snapdragon 800 in cpu
    Power. The four in the snapdragon is a bit faster though. All in all the processors are practical equals in performance. The note pro wifi exynos 5420 is powerful enough to run any app or game you can download at high settings (minus those games specifically optimized for the snapdragon or tegra) I am pretty picky with devices and the note pro wife stock is one of the smoothest devices I have ever used. It certainly outperforms any tablet and only barely falls behind its little brother the note 3 in speed. The note 3 is smoother but I think this is due to the lower pixel count on the screen lowering the go load. The note pro wifi version will run emulators better than the snapdragon as well. Rooting will also do a lot for your performance by removing bloatware.
    Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app