[Q] Issues

Search This thread

nviz22

Feb 16, 2012
Hi, I am considering buying the GS5. Does it have any issues? Last time I bought a Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T, the GPS was awful from start to finish. I just need to be aware of issues with this phone, thanks.

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
Hi, I am considering buying the GS5. Does it have any issues? Last time I bought a Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T, the GPS was awful from start to finish. I just need to be aware of issues with this phone, thanks.

Only issues I've seen is that there are no issues.. Lol..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Alan Shore

Jul 1, 2009
I've had a lot of battery issues with mine and many are praising the 4-5 day battery life that i've never been able to obtain. I only get about a day maybe 1.5

Alan Shore

Jul 1, 2009
Nobody gets 4-5 days on battery.

My co-worker has a Verizon s5 and his lasted 9 days on a battery with less than 10% left.

I saw the battery statistics with my own eyes.

So what the F#$* is wrong with these phones? Some do well and others don't? I've been through one replacement already, 3 batteries which said OEM (Ebay buy in USA) and have one on the way tomorrow.

I absolutely love android, and I love Iphone too and this is mountains better in battery life compared to my iphone but Knox and the wierd androidOS/system usage probably related to CarrierIQ are huge downers for me

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
My co-worker has a Verizon s5 and his lasted 9 days on a battery with less than 10% left.

I saw the battery statistics with my own eyes.

So what the F#$* is wrong with these phones? Some do well and others don't? I've been through one replacement already, 3 batteries which said OEM (Ebay buy in USA) and have one on the way tomorrow.

I absolutely love android, and I love Iphone too and this is mountains better in battery life compared to my iphone but Knox and the wierd androidOS/system usage probably related to CarrierIQ are huge downers for me

Does he have an extended battery? No way this phone lasts for 9 days unless he uses it 5 minutes a day or something.

nviz22

Feb 16, 2012
I made my return to T-Mobile and got the S5. Black 16 GB, but smaller than my Note 3 capacity, but still a good phone. Going to pick it up tomorrow after a system issue that wouldn't let me pay :(.

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO

Battery cover issues, wifi calling issues. Besides that good phone. Nothing like my gs3 which was the best phone I've owned. A bit disappointed in this one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

nviz22

Feb 16, 2012
Battery cover issues, wifi calling issues. Besides that good phone. Nothing like my gs3 which was the best phone I've owned. A bit disappointed in this one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Wi-Fi Calling issues? I got that phone just for that feature over Sprint and Verizon :(.

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
Weird that WiFi calling causes issues with text. I wonder why. Never tried and had issues with it. When I turn on the WiFi though it still shows data connection right next to it. Is that normal?

joking

Oct 9, 2007
Weird that WiFi calling causes issues with text. I wonder why. Never tried and had issues with it. When I turn on the WiFi though it still shows data connection right next to it. Is that normal?

When I turn on WiFi, data connection is grey out.

I remembered reading here that Download Booster interfere with WiFi calling. May be you have it turn on?