Search This thread

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
HTC HOLIDAY SUPERGUIDE
STOCK ICS ROOT NOW WORKS

***(BEFORE YOU BEGIN)

- You MUST be on a stock ROM with the bootloader locked or re-locked
- If you are NOT locked/re-locked or you are on a custom ROM, then you MUST follow the following directions...
- Boot into H-Boot by powering off. Once off, power back on and hold VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON, once in HBOOT go to "fastboot" and click the power button to select
- Download the WCXJB ROOT PACK zip from the bottom to your desktop and unzip it
- Inside the unzipped WCXJB ROOT PACK folder, hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK, select open a command window here
- Run this code in the command prompt without quotes
- "fastboot oem lock"
- Now reboot
- Now, we will flash you back to the original stock ROM you were on
- Pick the RUU for your specific device. For example, the one for AT&T has the word "Cingular" in it, the one for Rogers says "Rogers" in it.
- You will find the RUU's here http://www.filefactory.com/f/002b74e0f4775869/ (THANKS to user football)
- Once you download the correct RUU, make sure your phone is plugged in via USB to your computer and you have the correct drivers (or just HTC Sync) installed on your computer
- Run the executable and follow the steps to flash the stock ROM
- Once the ROM loads, you can move on to the next steps

***(IF YOU ARE ON AT&T AND YOU DON'T WANT TO S-OFF)

- Go here and under software downloads, download the file that is over 400mb
- Follow the instructions that are listed right above the download button to run the RUU
- Once that is done, do step 1 and then step 4. I repeat, SKIP steps 2 and 3.

1) Unlock the bootloader via HTCdev website

- You need to go the the HTC dev website and do the unlock (THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA). You must follow the exact instructions they give you. Most people seem to have the biggest problem with the token.
http://htcdev.com/bootloader
- Tip: When copying your token, start with and INCLUDE the line that says "<<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>>", end with and INCLUDE the line that says "<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>"
- Tip 2: Do NOT include the "INFO" portion of every line
- Tip 3: Keep the bin file it gives you just in case you need to relock the bootloader in the future
- Tip 3: On Linux, when getting the token, remember to run fastboot under sudo

2) S Off the device (Juopunutbear/WildChild)

- MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON A STOCK ROM WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
- Download the WCXJB ROOT PACK zip below to your desktop and UNZIP it
- On your phone, make sure in your settings, USB Debugging is ENABLED in development
- Turn off your phone, turn it back on my holding power + volume down
- Use the volume rocker and power button to select fastboot
- Connect your phone to your PC
- Inside the WCXJB ROOT PACK, click shift + right click and select "Open command window here"
- Enter in these commands without the quotes
- "fastboot flash recovery wcxrecovery.img"
- Now you can boot up your phone
- Download and put Vivid_CWM_Root_VER2 zip file on root of internal sdcard (aka NOT in any folders)
- Boot into H-Boot like you did before (turn off phone, turn back on holding power + vol down), and use the volume rockers to go to "recovery" and press the power button to select it
- Select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select the VIVID_CWM_ROOT_VER2.zip through recovery and then reboot your phone
- You are now ready to S-OFF
- Go to the link below and click the URL in the first post and follow the instructions
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576668

3) Update the HBOOT (Juopunutbear)

- If you haven't already, download the WCXJB ROOT PACK zip below to your desktop and UNZIP it
- Make sure in your settings, USB Debugging is ENABLED in development
- Inside the WCXJB ROOT PACK you just downloaded, click shift + right click and select "Open command window here"
- "fastboot erase cache"
- "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
- "fastboot flash zip jb_hboot.zip"

4) Perm-Root your device (WildChild)

- Inside the WCXJB ROOT PACK, click shift + right click and select "Open command window here"
- Download and put Vivid_CWM_Root_VER2 zip file on root of internal sdcard (aka NOT in any folders)
- Boot into H-Boot like you did before (turn off phone, turn back on holding power + vol down), and use the volume rockers to go to "recovery" and press the power button to select it
- Select the VIVID_CWM_ROOT_VER2.zip through recovery and then reboot your phone
- You are now rooted and I recommend flashing a matching kernel + ROM for root to stick

(Optional) Flash a custom Kernel/Recovery (Three options, I suggest the THIRD)

*ATTENTION* IF FLASHING A KERNEL FOR A NEW ROM YOU WANT, YOU MUST FLASH THE ROM IMMEDIATELY AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL WITHOUT BOOTING UP, THE KERNEL COMES FIRST. OTHERWISE, YOU MIGHT BOOT LOOP.

FIRST (AUTO) (joeykrim's FlashImageGUI method)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423151

OR

SECOND (AUTO) (xboarder56's method)
- First, turn off wifi on your phone
- If you have SetCPU installed or any other program where you have altered to overclock or underclock, DISABLE the "set on boot" option
- You will have to download Easy Kernel Flasher v03.zip which is attached below
- Next plug in your phone and make sure its getting detected
- After that extract the zip file (kernel flasher)
- Place the boot.img of the kernel you want flashed in the "Kernel-Here" folder.
- Make sure android debugging is enabled on your phone via settings
- Click Flash.bat for windows or Flash.sh for linux and wait for it to close terminal
- Wait for your phone to reboot and wait 5-10 minutes. Then reboot again and wait 5 minutes, then you're good to go!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1328141

OR

THIRD (Manual) (Pirateghost's method)
- Extract the boot.img out of the kernel file or ROM zip that you want and put it in the same directory as your fastboot.exe/fastboot executable (it might be easiest to download the WCXJB_ROOT_PACK.zip from below and unzip it, put the boot.img in there)
- Boot phone into hboot/bootloader (make sure you are in fastboot mode)
- Connect phone to PC
- Inside the unzipped WCXJB_ROOT_PACK folder, click shift + right click, select "open a command window here"
- Enter these codes separately to flash the kernel and reboot the phone
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

(Optional) Flash a custom ROM

*ATTENTION* IF FLASHING A KERNEL IS NEEDED FOR THE ROM YOU WANT TO FLASH, FLASH THE KERNEL FIRST, THEN THE ROM AFTER, OR ELSE YOU MAY BOOT LOOP.

1) Download a ROM, it should be in a zip file (MAKE SURE the ROM is pre rooted, or else you might lose root. If you do not know, ask the respective dev)
2) Connect your phone to your computer through the USB and mount the storage card (storage mode)
3) Copy the ROM you downloaded and put it on the ROOT of your storage card (not in any folders)
4) Power off your phone. Then power it on holding the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons. You should be in H-Boot, now use the volume rocker to select recovery (the power button "selects" it)
5) Once in recovery, scroll down to "backup and restore" and select it, now select "backup". This will give you a safe ROM to fall back on and restore in case anything goes wrong
- IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH BACKING UP, pull the battery, boot back into recovery (power + vol down then select recovery) and try again. OR you may have to boot up and delete the old partial backups with a file explorer and try again. OR make sure your USB is no longer connected and try again.
6) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "wipe data/factory reset". Select "Yes" when prompted.
7) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "wipe cache partition". Select "Yes" when prompted.
8) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "advanced". Now select "Wipe dalvik cache" and select "Yes" when prompted.
9) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "Install zip from SD card". Choose the ROM you just put on the storage card, and select "Yes".
10) IF your ROM will not install correctly or you get an error and you are using the recovery from the superguide (this one) then tell the dev of the ROM to update their script to work with the new recovery
11) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "Reboot now". Your ROM will now be loaded up. Do not panic if it takes a small while (5 minutes at most I'd say) because the first boot always takes some time.

(Optional) Remove CIQ (8125Omnimax's method)
Go here and follow every step precisely
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415335

Wondering about a basic question? Look in this General Knowledge Thread to see if your answer is there.​

MORE INFO IN THE SECOND POST

THANKS to GSLEON3, EvilDevnull, WildChild, xboarder56, erik10002, frigid, 8125Omnimax, Pirateghost, thecubed, bjg222, drewdatrip, pside15 (let me know if I missed anyone else)

(If you think I am missing something, please tell me and I'll add it :D)

Attachments

• WCXJB_ROOT_PACK.zip
    8 MB · Views: 18,309
  • VIVID_CWM_ROOT_VER2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 10,556
Last edited:

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
6) (Optional) Return to stock (locked bootloader, unrooted, etc) (Many thanks to Pirateghost)
- First, you are going to need to re-lock your bootloader.
- Boot into H-Boot by powering off. Once off, power back on and hold VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON, once in HBOOT go to "fastboot" and click the power button to select
- Download the adbfastbootrecovery zip from the bottom of the post and EXTRACT it to your desktop
- Go to your computer file explorer and find your desktop "folder", hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK, select open a command window here
- Run this code in the command prompt
Code:
fastboot oem lock
- Now reboot
- Now, we will flash you back to the original stock ROM you were on. There are two options for this, the second does NOT need a windows device.

FIRST OPTION (RUU)
- Pick the RUU for your specific device. For example, the one for AT&T has the word "Cingular" in it, the one for Rogers says "Rogers" in it.
- You will find the RUU's here http://www.filefactory.com/f/002b74e0f4775869/ (THANKS to user football)
- Once you download the correct RUU, make sure your phone is plugged in via USB to your computer and you have the correct drivers (or just HTC Sync) installed on your computer
- Once the ROM loads, you should be good to go
- If you returned to stock because of a bug or issue, and want to root again, make sure to go back and follow the steps PRECISELY to perm root, flash CWM, flash a ROM, flash a kernel, etc. Remember, flash ROM IMMEDIATELY after flashing the kernel

OR

SECOND OPTION (PH39IMG.zip flash)
- Put this file for AT&T or this file for Rogers on a microSD card as is (it should be named PH39IMG.zip)
- Power down the phone, insert microSD and boot back into bootloader (power button + vol down)
- It should automatically find the zip file and flash the stock image (this includes recovery, system, everything stock.)
- If you returned to stock because of a bug or issue, and want to root again, make sure to go back and follow the steps PRECISELY to perm root, flash CWM, flash a ROM, flash a kernel, etc. Remember, flash ROM IMMEDIATELY after flashing the kernel

Attachments

• adbfastbootrecovery.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 7,365
Last edited:

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
You could add a part about flashing custom kernels like the one for the hollicakes ROM. That was even confusing to me and I've flashed numerous phones hundreds of times.

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
You could add a part about flashing custom kernels like the one for the hollicakes ROM. That was even confusing to me and I've flashed numerous phones hundreds of times.

I was actually thinking about doing that earlier but got cut short in time. I'll add it though. ;)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

bjg222

Nov 9, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Looks great, thanks for collecting all this stuff in one place! So happy to finally have a bootloader unlock, CWM, and permanent root!

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
Looks great, thanks for collecting all this stuff in one place! So happy to finally have a bootloader unlock, CWM, and permanent root!

Thanks man. It didn't take too long, maybe 20-30 minutes. The flashing ROM and kernel parts may be a little outdated though. I took them from old notepad files from when I had my Inspire. Oh well, it still should do the job :p.

verseman

Jun 28, 2010
Bronx, NY
So I followed your guide and was able to unlock my bootloader, and root my phone. It is hard to tell if it truly is rooted or not, but I loaded up a couple
apps that only work when rooted and SuperUser passed them through. Good stuff all around

However that WiFi tether just doesn't seem to be working for me. I turn it on, connect my MAC but then can't actually get on the internet.

I know when I had my Inspire, I would a custom ROM on and I was able to just turn on mobile hotspot in the settings area and it worked without saying I needed a plan. Is there anything like that for the Vivid? Or does someone need to make a custom ROM with that feature included.

I mainly need root, so I could get that feature, everything is perfect!

bjg222

Nov 9, 2009
Atlanta, GA
So I followed your guide and was able to unlock my bootloader, and root my phone. It is hard to tell if it truly is rooted or not, but I loaded up a couple
apps that only work when rooted and SuperUser passed them through. Good stuff all around

However that WiFi tether just doesn't seem to be working for me. I turn it on, connect my MAC but then can't actually get on the internet.

I know when I had my Inspire, I would a custom ROM on and I was able to just turn on mobile hotspot in the settings area and it worked without saying I needed a plan. Is there anything like that for the Vivid? Or does someone need to make a custom ROM with that feature included.

I mainly need root, so I could get that feature, everything is perfect!

To double check root, I use Root Checker (just search the market for Root Checker), and it'll tell you. Also, TitaniumBackup will tell you if you're rooted or not when you start it.

As for WiFi Tether, rooting by itself doesn't unlock that feature. Most custom roms make tweaks to enable it. So far, it doesn't look like anybody's found to right way to release the AT&T check that's performed when trying to turn it on, so in the stock ROM, you still won't be able to use if without the proper plan. There's been enough posts asking about it, though, that I'm sure a way will show up soon enough. I'm poking around in the system files right now to see if can find something useful.

cyber_pete

Jan 12, 2008
San Mateo, CA
Nice job getting all this in on place.

One question:

3) (Optional) Custom CWM Recovery
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1343625

This thread looks like it is for creating a CWM Recovery and root do both files need to be used and is this working on Vivid as well as Raider? (I know it should just don't want to assume)

adbfastbootrecovery.zip (this seems to be the recovery file)
VIVID_CWM_ROOT.zip (this one seems to be for rooting, is this one necessary as well to ge the recovery?)

Thanks just don't want to screw up and have to reload everything since I can't do NAND yet.

emoandy

Feb 14, 2006
Having trouble with the HTC Super Tool. The drivers file won't launch, and when I try to run the bat file it says file path not specified... I am running windows using parallels on Mac OSX Lion. It's just weird that the driver file won't open up and run completely. I even tried running as admin.

Also, when i connect it to the computer, do i pick just charge only, htc sync, or disk drive? Or does it matter?

Last edited:

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska

One question:

This thread looks like it is for creating a CWM Recovery and root do both files need to be used and is this working on Vivid as well as Raider? (I know it should just don't want to assume)

VIVID_CWM_ROOT.zip (this one seems to be for rooting, is this one necessary as well to ge the recovery?)

Thanks just don't want to screw up and have to reload everything since I can't do NAND yet.

This has been reported working for.the Vivid once the bootloader is unlocked.

bjg222

Nov 9, 2009
Atlanta, GA

One question:

There's no need to flash the VIVD_CWM_ROOT.zip if you root using the SuperTool. I used the SuperTool (options 1, then 2 - prep, then root) to get root, then flashed CWM using the fastboot command given in the linked thread. Worked like a charm. I suppose it would work just as well, however, if you unlock the bootloader, flash CWM, then flash the VIVID_CWM_ROOT.zip, bypassing the SuperTool all together.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
There's no need to flash the VIVD_CWM_ROOT.zip if you root using the SuperTool. I used the SuperTool (options 1, then 2 - prep, then root) to get root, then flashed CWM using the fastboot command given in the linked thread. Worked like a charm. I suppose it would work just as well, however, if you unlock the bootloader, flash CWM, then flash the VIVID_CWM_ROOT.zip, bypassing the SuperTool all together.

the idea behind using the CWM rooting method is that you dont have to root using any kind of exploits. the exploits were leaving residual problems with sdcard mounting and the CWM is the much cleaner way of rooting. those residuals may not exist any more, but when i threw the CWM together, it was because of a request for it, and it didnt require an exploit.

bjg222

Nov 9, 2009
Atlanta, GA
This has been reported working for.the Vivid once the bootloader is unlocked.

In reality, it might be best to just do the steps involving flashing the recovery, as using the SuperTool, su & busybox are already installed. So I think all that's needed are steps 2 - 6, as the rest deal with stuff already done by the SuperTool

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska

I'll update the post, thanks for that. Do you think doing away with the supertool would be an easier method then?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC HOLIDAY SUPERGUIDE
    STOCK ICS ROOT NOW WORKS

***(BEFORE YOU BEGIN)

- You MUST be on a stock ROM with the bootloader locked or re-locked
    - If you are NOT locked/re-locked or you are on a custom ROM, then you MUST follow the following directions...
    - Download the WCXJB ROOT PACK zip from the bottom to your desktop and unzip it
    - Inside the unzipped WCXJB ROOT PACK folder, hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK, select open a command window here
    - Run this code in the command prompt without quotes
    - "fastboot oem lock"
    - Now reboot
    - Now, we will flash you back to the original stock ROM you were on
    - Once the ROM loads, you can move on to the next steps

***(IF YOU ARE ON AT&T AND YOU DON'T WANT TO S-OFF)

- Go here and under software downloads, download the file that is over 400mb
    - Follow the instructions that are listed right above the download button to run the RUU
    - Once that is done, do step 1 and then step 4. I repeat, SKIP steps 2 and 3.

1) Unlock the bootloader via HTCdev website

- You need to go the the HTC dev website and do the unlock (THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA). You must follow the exact instructions they give you. Most people seem to have the biggest problem with the token.
    http://htcdev.com/bootloader
    - Tip: When copying your token, start with and INCLUDE the line that says "<<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>>", end with and INCLUDE the line that says "<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>"
    - Tip 2: Do NOT include the "INFO" portion of every line
    - Tip 3: Keep the bin file it gives you just in case you need to relock the bootloader in the future
    - Tip 3: On Linux, when getting the token, remember to run fastboot under sudo

2) S Off the device (Juopunutbear/WildChild)

- MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON A STOCK ROM WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    - Download the WCXJB ROOT PACK zip below to your desktop and UNZIP it
    - On your phone, make sure in your settings, USB Debugging is ENABLED in development
    - You are now ready to S-OFF
    - Go to the link below and click the URL in the first post and follow the instructions
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576668

3) Update the HBOOT (Juopunutbear)

- If you haven't already, download the WCXJB ROOT PACK zip below to your desktop and UNZIP it
    - Make sure in your settings, USB Debugging is ENABLED in development
    - Inside the WCXJB ROOT PACK you just downloaded, click shift + right click and select "Open command window here"
    - "fastboot erase cache"
    - "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
    - "fastboot flash zip jb_hboot.zip"

4) Perm-Root your device (WildChild)

- You are now rooted and I recommend flashing a matching kernel + ROM for root to stick

(Optional) Flash a custom Kernel/Recovery (Three options, I suggest the THIRD)

*ATTENTION* IF FLASHING A KERNEL FOR A NEW ROM YOU WANT, YOU MUST FLASH THE ROM IMMEDIATELY AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL WITHOUT BOOTING UP, THE KERNEL COMES FIRST. OTHERWISE, YOU MIGHT BOOT LOOP.

FIRST (AUTO) (joeykrim's FlashImageGUI method)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423151

OR

SECOND (AUTO) (xboarder56's method)
    - First, turn off wifi on your phone
    - If you have SetCPU installed or any other program where you have altered to overclock or underclock, DISABLE the "set on boot" option
    - You will have to download Easy Kernel Flasher v03.zip which is attached below
    - Next plug in your phone and make sure its getting detected
    - After that extract the zip file (kernel flasher)
    - Place the boot.img of the kernel you want flashed in the "Kernel-Here" folder.
    - Make sure android debugging is enabled on your phone via settings
    - Click Flash.bat for windows or Flash.sh for linux and wait for it to close terminal
    - Wait for your phone to reboot and wait 5-10 minutes. Then reboot again and wait 5 minutes, then you're good to go!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1328141

OR

THIRD (Manual) (Pirateghost's method)
    - Extract the boot.img out of the kernel file or ROM zip that you want and put it in the same directory as your fastboot.exe/fastboot executable (it might be easiest to download the WCXJB_ROOT_PACK.zip from below and unzip it, put the boot.img in there)
    - Boot phone into hboot/bootloader (make sure you are in fastboot mode)
    - Connect phone to PC
    - Inside the unzipped WCXJB_ROOT_PACK folder, click shift + right click, select "open a command window here"
    - Enter these codes separately to flash the kernel and reboot the phone
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot

(Optional) Flash a custom ROM

*ATTENTION* IF FLASHING A KERNEL IS NEEDED FOR THE ROM YOU WANT TO FLASH, FLASH THE KERNEL FIRST, THEN THE ROM AFTER, OR ELSE YOU MAY BOOT LOOP.

1) Download a ROM, it should be in a zip file (MAKE SURE the ROM is pre rooted, or else you might lose root. If you do not know, ask the respective dev)
    2) Connect your phone to your computer through the USB and mount the storage card (storage mode)
    3) Copy the ROM you downloaded and put it on the ROOT of your storage card (not in any folders)
    4) Power off your phone. Then power it on holding the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons. You should be in H-Boot, now use the volume rocker to select recovery (the power button "selects" it)
    5) Once in recovery, scroll down to "backup and restore" and select it, now select "backup". This will give you a safe ROM to fall back on and restore in case anything goes wrong
    - IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH BACKING UP, pull the battery, boot back into recovery (power + vol down then select recovery) and try again. OR you may have to boot up and delete the old partial backups with a file explorer and try again. OR make sure your USB is no longer connected and try again.
    6) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "wipe data/factory reset". Select "Yes" when prompted.
    7) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "wipe cache partition". Select "Yes" when prompted.
    8) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "advanced". Now select "Wipe dalvik cache" and select "Yes" when prompted.
    9) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "Install zip from SD card". Choose the ROM you just put on the storage card, and select "Yes".
    10) IF your ROM will not install correctly or you get an error and you are using the recovery from the superguide (this one) then tell the dev of the ROM to update their script to work with the new recovery
    11) Get back to the main recovery menu and select "Reboot now". Your ROM will now be loaded up. Do not panic if it takes a small while (5 minutes at most I'd say) because the first boot always takes some time.

(Optional) Remove CIQ (8125Omnimax's method)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415335

Wondering about a basic question? Look in this General Knowledge Thread to see if your answer is there.​

MORE INFO IN THE SECOND POST

THANKS to GSLEON3, EvilDevnull, WildChild, xboarder56, erik10002, frigid, 8125Omnimax, Pirateghost, thecubed, bjg222, drewdatrip, pside15 (let me know if I missed anyone else)

(If you think I am missing something, please tell me and I'll add it :D)
    6) (Optional) Return to stock (locked bootloader, unrooted, etc) (Many thanks to Pirateghost)
    - First, you are going to need to re-lock your bootloader.
    - Download the adbfastbootrecovery zip from the bottom of the post and EXTRACT it to your desktop
    - Go to your computer file explorer and find your desktop "folder", hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK, select open a command window here
    - Run this code in the command prompt
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    - Now reboot
    - Now, we will flash you back to the original stock ROM you were on. There are two options for this, the second does NOT need a windows device.

FIRST OPTION (RUU)
    - Once the ROM loads, you should be good to go

OR

SECOND OPTION (PH39IMG.zip flash)
    - Put this file for AT&T or this file for Rogers on a microSD card as is (it should be named PH39IMG.zip)
    - Power down the phone, insert microSD and boot back into bootloader (power button + vol down)
    - It should automatically find the zip file and flash the stock image (this includes recovery, system, everything stock.)

hello all,

im having a hell of a time tring to load up a rom cause i dont have s off yet. So my questions are.. 1. i copy the boot.img (from the rom folder) and past it in the fastboot folder? 2. and how do i load it to the phone from there..

when i click on the fastboot and click run nothing really happens

ive tried to follow the directions but i just dont understand what im doing wrong plus im not that good on computers and im sure thats why. So if someone can please help...

reboot you phone to hboot and hook it up to the computer open the folder with fastboot in it right click on a empty space while hitting the shift key click on command prompt when the box opens type fastboot flash boot boot.img reboot to recovery then flash the rom here are some clear instructions you can download
    Gotcha, can you post what exactly those command are so I can put them in the OP. Are they just the directions in your other thread with your new ROM?

Code:
    :cd %:h
    adb kill-server
    adb remount
    adb push Modules/system /system
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot Kernel-Here/boot.img
    fastboot reboot
    pause

thats all the script file consists of.

adb remount and adb push modules wont work on stock rom with stock kernel
    adb reboot bootloader will get you into HBOOT
    fastboot flash boot boot.img will flash the boot image
    fastboot reboot reboots the device without touching it. you could just select reboot from the screen.

see this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20824300&postcount=25
    Problem fixed! ???

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's great! I'm sorry your question didn't get answered when you asked it :(
    But now you got a whole bunch of knowledge on your side from the search, yeah? :)