[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

Search This thread

prabhuthelegend

Jan 1, 2011
Bangalore
Arakmars kernel is good. moiks fugumod has several bugs including green dots appearing on the screen frequently..and after the screen is locked it crashes ..had to pull out battery several times..other than that its fast no crackling sound..and s2e works:)

I only wish araks g3mod supports s2e had to use link2sd for the first time thanks to dhiren for pointing that out :).other than that its fantastic..

Digibonez

Dec 27, 2010
which is the better kernel ..?? moikop or arakmar's ??

I prefer Moikop's kernel. I do not have any of the problems mentioned above.

With Arakmars kernel (and most other recent gmod variations) I have several problems. One returning issue is that I am not able to boot without clearing cache/dalvik cache. Other problems include FC's of installed programs , difficulties to install new programs and fast battery drain.

At the other hand this kernel (Moikop's fugumod) is very smooth, lag free and battery stamina is quite good.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

Last edited:

tusshar.gaba

Jan 16, 2011
New Delhi
as i dnt knw anything enough ...jst give me some tips on --
stock kernel / moikop's kernel / arakmar's kernel

1. battery backup is good in which ?
2. crackling sound removed in which ?
3. which is smoother ?
4. temple run ?? :p

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
whats better, moikops fugumod kernel or marcelusbes? i like the stock kernel but the crackling sound and laggy videos are too much :p

milence92

Jul 24, 2011
Krapina
Arakmars kernel is good. moiks fugumod has several bugs including green dots appearing on the screen frequently..and after the screen is locked it crashes ..had to pull out battery several times..other than that its fast no crackling sound..and s2e works:)

I only wish araks g3mod supports s2e had to use link2sd for the first time thanks to dhiren for pointing that out :).other than that its fantastic..

why would you use s2e or link2sd if you have arakmars kernel which supports hd2sd which is by my opinion way better than link2sd or s2e?

coolpkp690

Apr 16, 2011
Bangalore
as i dnt knw anything enough ...jst give me some tips on --
stock kernel / moikop's kernel / arakmar's kernel

1. battery backup is good in which ?
2. crackling sound removed in which ?
3. which is smoother ?
4. temple run ?? :p
I have happened to test all the kernels mentioned in your post & the answer to your questions[1-3] is fugumod ultra kernel:)
But i have no idea regarding temple run...give it a go & find out yoself:)
& i never came across any green dots & crashes as mentioned by others

Please don't feel shy to hit thanks if i helped you in any manner:)

Last edited:

achkap

Oct 26, 2009
I have happened to test all the kernels mentioned in your post & the answer to your questions[1-3] is fugumod ultra kernel:)
But i have no idea regarding temple run...give it a go & find out yoself:)
& i never came across any green dots & crashes as mentioned by others

Please don't feel shy to hit thanks if i helped you in any manner:)

Does ultra kernel support kyrillos a2sd script? Because I want to try it ..

Sent from my GT-I5800

ak700

Nov 5, 2010
25.00° N, 71.00° W
Ok :) to be Frank I have no idea how to use hd2sd..I have partitioned my SD card and given 1gb for sd-ext..I think its in ext4..please help :)

After partitioning the sd card download the following folder and extract it to the root of your sd card. It would ask yo merge the folders.
LINK - http://db.tt/Rqlkxt1Q courtesy rkoby13.
Then flash arakarmar's kernel and that's it! Go into titanium backup to see whether it has worked.

Michael1101

Mar 30, 2011
After partitioning the sd card download the following folder and extract it to the root of your sd card. It would ask yo merge the folders.
LINK - http://db.tt/Rqlkxt1Q courtesy rkoby13.
Then flash arakarmar's kernel and that's it! Go into titanium backup to see whether it has worked.

Thanks for the file. But can you share it again? Dropbox gives an 509 error, the file have been temporarily disabled.

TheCreat

Jun 15, 2011
can we use kmapp in alpha8 with arakmar's kernel as it supports hd2sd ??? because it makes the work easier ??
how's the battery backup of arakmar's kernel vs stock 800mh kernel ???

Kmapp should work fine. If it lets you set the parameters, it should all be ok. All it does, after all, is create the files in the proper directory of the sd card.

I can't give you a direct comparison in regards to battery life, as I've only ever used Arakmars kernel, but I can tell you the battery backup is just fine. I get 2-3 days with data on all the time. If one is better or worse than the other, the difference is minimal.

Swyped on my Galaxy 3

dpthakar

Dec 20, 2010
Mumbai
I took Fugumod sources from A7 with some patches from A8 (Mainly camera preview) I found in Arakmar's repo (Thanks!). Compiled Ultra-OC version and is flawless (Smooth, no sound problem and tweaked lagfree a little). Thought I'd share.

I don't know if there's something not working due to some patch not applied, but I haven't found any.

I found no prob using this kernel.
Can you pl also release non-oc version?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

Sparx75

Nov 21, 2010
I took Fugumod sources from A7 with some patches from A8 (Mainly camera preview) I found in Arakmar's repo (Thanks!). Compiled Ultra-OC version and is flawless (Smooth, no sound problem and tweaked lagfree a little). Thought I'd share.

I don't know if there's something not working due to some patch not applied, but I haven't found any.

Quite a smooth kernel with good battery life as well. Only problem I found was a slight case of overheating.

tusshar.gaba

Jan 16, 2011
New Delhi
hey i have enabled sdext partition of 256 mb with stock kernel and link2sd ...so if i flash moikop's kernel over it then after flashing the apps on the ext partition will show up or not ??? and hows the battery backup of this kernel ??

Last edited:

Digibonez

Dec 27, 2010
battery backup of moikop's kernel ????

I have slightly more than 1 day with my 1 and half year old worn out battery (most times use of high OC kernels). Wifi/3G connection + sync in use all-day, regular use of Spotify, XDA & Facebook & about 10 calls and frequent sms/day

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

This thread is here to let you know how is the port of CyanogenMod 7 and to discuss about it.

Actually, the CM7 port is in alpha stage, until all the hardware is working. The ROM is very stable and can be used everyday, but you could miss some features that are not yet (fully) working like bluetooth.

Main rules :
    There is no ETA so, please, don't ask.

What is working :
    - Android system 2.3.7 / CyanogenMod 7.2
    - SDcard is usable
    - 2D software renderer with correct aspect ratio
    - Mobile network connection (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Wifi module (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Sound (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Vibrator (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Power key menu (04/06/2011)
    - Cpufreq driver (fix cyanogenmod performance setting - 16/06/2011)
    - GPS (19/06/2011)
    - CWM 5.0.2.7 (22/06/2011)
    - Sensors (akm8973 - 20/07/2011)
    - 2D/3D graphic acceleration (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Camera (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Video (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Screen Off CRT animation (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - Screenshot option menu (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - FM radio (27/10/2011 - alpha7)
    - USB mass storage (05/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - BLN (06/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Device specific settings - G3 Parts (voodoo sound control integrated) (09/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio recording (30/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Sensors (proximity) - (04/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Wifi AP (10/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio/Video Hardware codecs (16/01/2012 - alpha8 - Thanks lebidou!!)
    - Screen rotation and new transition animations (26/01/2012 - alpha8)
    - OpenFIMG (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Camera preview (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Video camera recording (04/03/2013 - alpha9)

- All languages available (en_US, ar_EG, ar_IL, ur_PK, fa_IR, bg_BG, ca_ES, cs_CZ, da_DK, de_AT, de_CH, de_DE, de_LI, el_GR, en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, en_IE, en_IN, en_NZ, en_SG, en_ZA, es_ES, fi_FI, fr_BE, fr_CA, fr_CH, fr_FR, he_IL, hi_IN, hr_HR, hu_HU, it_CH, it_IT, ja_JP, ka_GE, ko_KR, lt_LT, lv_LV, nb_NO, nl_BE, nl_NL, pl_PL, pt_BR, pt_PT, ro_RO, ru_RU, sk_SK, sl_SI, sr_RS, sv_SE, th_TH, tl_PH, tr_TR, uk_UA, vi_VN, zh_CN, zh_HK, zh_TW)

Check the bugreport thread and use the link below to report a bug :
    http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/issues/list

What don't work for now :
    - Bluetooth (A2DP) (may work on some devices)
    - Bluetooth (SCO)
    - USB tethering
    - ... maybe more

A special thank to mumbozver for making CWM working on G3 and to twinky444 for the usefull fixes/patches he has done to cm7 (some are merged in this build).

Alpha 8.1 running g3mod kernel - Video by Shree_Jamdar(Thanks!!)

Screenshots CM7 running on 5801 :
    20fzubm.png
    jhqvxz.png
    2d1wb44.png
    ogglg0.png
    2ecooz7.png
    11tpwt2.png
    280rqrk.png
    2l9p92v.png
    md1ug1.png
    2ur5d0y.png
    ajtpp3.png
    avo428.png
    300zifd.png

Alpha7
    j5gw81.png
    2di2d75.png
    2v1ail3.png
    2vvjdd2.png
    vfb6fd.png
    2d7ddhd.png

Downloads

!!! DO NOT MIRROR PLEASE !!!

Alpha 9

:: changelog ::
    - Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources
    - MTD (cwm recovery) and BML versions (cwm & odin)

- Kernel OC 1Ghz (2.0) included
    - Modem XXJP4 included (Odin only)
    Changelog CyanogenMod : http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

ALPHA 9 - CWM Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_CWM.zip

ALPHA 9 - ODIN Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_ODIN.zip

Looking for the MTD version ? See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2309390

Kernel standard v2.0 (non oc, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_standard_2.0.tar
    Kernel OC v2.0 (1Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_OC1Ghz_2.0.tar
    Kernel Ultra OC v2.0 (1,2 Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_Ultra_1260_2.0.tar

Sources

You can find the device configuration here :

- common repo : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_apollo-common
    - galaxy3 (bml) : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_galaxy3
    Marcellusbe, i know you come online quite often as i can see from your profile so can you post any updates on the ROM please?

I'm on holiday next week so I will have more time for cm7. I've also a build of jellybean (based on cm10 sources) to share soon.
    Alpha9 released.
    thank for your patience :) see 1st post.

i will build the others kernels later. for now, it's only 1ghz overclock.
    @Everyone :

I have got many PM's regarding the state of this thread and i believe Marcel would have got more than me ......thats why i am sharing the Info.

Marcel have got the job he desired and currently have to move to CANADA......so it will probably take 1-2 Weeks.....

after that he should first get settled in there and should build up the development environment again.......

So till then i guess everyone should have patience.

Not 1-2 weeks but 3-4 months... but you know, it's not easy to immigrate in a new country so I'm very busy to prepare my family and myself for the move.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Some news about Alpha9 :
    - Camera : you can now use a barcode reader or any app that requires camera. It should work.
    - Video recording is working with some restrictions : not using hardware codec but software. Audio is not recorded but may be fixed soon.