[APP][Updated 17-12-2009] TouchLockPro 2.9 with *NEW* Zoombar unlocking

Search This thread

ugumba

May 18, 2007
Oslo
TouchLockPro is indeed great. However, on the HD, I find its use limited, as there is no good unlocking mechanism in place. I keep it installed for the BattClock, but I simply can't get comfortable with having to pull out the stylus to unlock, or wave the phone in front of a light source. (The HD light sensor doesn't seem very reliable.)

Heck I admit it, I often surf with Opera in bed, in the dark - the stylus is the only unlocking option, and it annoys me.

If TouchLockPro could get a touch gesture unlock, like PocketShield or ThrottleLock, I'd be happy. There doesn't even have to be a UI - as long as it's fast and reliable.

ThrottleLock appears to late (I can interact with the screen before the ThrottleLock asks for the gesture), otherwise it would be mighty fine.

PocketShield is much better in this respect. I just can't get it to work comfortably with answering the phone. I've hung up on so many calls now, unintentionally, that my wife told be to FIX IT.

ZuinigeRijder

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
TouchLockPro is indeed great. However, on the HD, I find its use limited, as there is no good unlocking mechanism in place. I keep it installed for the BattClock, but I simply can't get comfortable with having to pull out the stylus to unlock, or wave the phone in front of a light source. (The HD light sensor doesn't seem very reliable.)

Heck I admit it, I often surf with Opera in bed, in the dark - the stylus is the only unlocking option, and it annoys me.

If TouchLockPro could get a touch gesture unlock, like PocketShield or ThrottleLock, I'd be happy. There doesn't even have to be a UI - as long as it's fast and reliable.

ThrottleLock appears to late (I can interact with the screen before the ThrottleLock asks for the gesture), otherwise it would be mighty fine.

PocketShield is much better in this respect. I just can't get it to work comfortably with answering the phone. I've hung up on so many calls now, unintentionally, that my wife told be to FIX IT.

Indeed my next highest priority is implementing a gesture to unlock using the GSENSOR, which was already on the TODO list. You could consider to use LockTouchPanelOnly=1, so the hardware keys are not locked and couple a command to a hardware key: "TouchLockAction.exe" unlock. Of course there is a chance that the hardware buttons are pressed in that case, when it is in you pocket. Other people using TouchLockPro in combination with Phone Canvas. They use TouchLockPro for general locking and unlock the phone automatically by TouchLockPro when there is an incoming call: commandCallIncoming = "TouchLockAction.exe unlock"

Nologic

Jun 7, 2007
Hi,

This seems to be a great app. But I have a serious problem.
Right after installation I get the messages

“ a problem has occurred with touchlockpro.exe”

And then after a soft reset the messages
“ Could not create TouchPanel Hook.“ Comes up and the application fails to start.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

HTC Touch HD
WM 6.1
ROM Version : 1.14.421.5
Radio version : 1.09.25.14

Regards
Henk

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
Hi,

This seems to be a great app. But I have a serious problem.
Right after installation I get the messages

“ a problem has occurred with touchlockpro.exe”

And then after a soft reset the messages
“ Could not create TouchPanel Hook.“ Comes up and the application fails to start.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

HTC Touch HD
WM 6.1
ROM Version : 1.14.421.5
Radio version : 1.09.25.14

Regards
Henk

Hi Henk,

which version did you install? the latest version 2.7.3?
I did not get this problem report from other users, and there are a lot of Touch HD users. You can try to set DoubleTouchPanelLock = 0, because some people have problems with this setting.

The "Could not create TouchPanel hook" message means that some other program is running which applies the hook before TouchLockPro can. Which Today screen do you have, TF3D?

You can also enable debug logging LogDebug=1 and post the debug log file \TouchLockPro.log.txt as zipped attachment. Maybe that gives me a clue :confused:

Nologic

Jun 7, 2007
Hi,

Wow, quick response. I appreciate it!

Where do I set the “DoubleTouchPanelLock = 0”?
The only application that start up with the phone is TF3D.
I think you might be right, some other application is interfering. Can it be TF3D?

I’ve seen now that I can access the application after start-up from the application menu. It still gives me an error but I can use it.

This is a fantastic application, I will defiantly donate so soon as finances permits

Nologic

Jun 7, 2007
Hi,

I have Hard Reset my device and installed TouchLockPro. It work perfectly.
Must have been a application somewhere that was the culprit

Thank you
Henk

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
*NEW* Zoombar unlocking also working on HD???

TouchLockPro version 2.9 now also has a *NEW* Zoombar unlocking. I expect this is also working for the HD. Could someone confirm it is actually working :confused: Because I cannot test on HD.

My expectation is that it works also on HD, because it works on Touch Pro 2 and Diamond 2.

firewuff

Dec 21, 2009
I couldn't get the zoom bar working on the Touch PRo 2... I know it wasn't the question asked but worth mentioning.

some of the functionality seems not to work on the touch pro 2 with the telstra roms.