Straight Talk At&t Apn Settings?

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Here we are...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well your definitely on 4.3 bootloader with 4.3 firmware!! Just wondering what's stopping you from receiving your mms msg's??
I'd try tinkering with the apn setting again by change a# here and there. on the ports etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Okay messing around I have half working MMS. I can send pictures, but I still can't receive them. I am going to post my settings and am hoping this insight will shed some light on this problem.

Apn: tfdata
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http:// mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: Mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication: none
Apn type: default, supl, MMS
Bearer: unspecified
MVN: none

Again it receives notice of the MMS and attempts to download it...and then fails

These are really close. I have ST as well but mine are slightly different. First get rid of the capital M under proxy. Still need it but lower case. MMS port should be set to 80 and apn type needs to be empty. everything else is correct

DanRyan85

Feb 10, 2012
These are really close. I have ST as well but mine are slightly different. First get rid of the capital M under proxy. Still need it but lower case. MMS port should be set to 80 and apn type needs to be empty. everything else is correct

Thanks, Rogersb11. The cap M was a typo. And I tried the other 2 changes and still the same. I'm going to reset the phone next I think, unless I get another suggestion. All worked briefly when we first got ST and then receiving MMS stopped randomly after a few days. Very strange but maybe a reset might help put something back the way it was I'm not aware of. I know 2 phone calls to ST hasn't helped anything! Lol

DanRyan85

Feb 10, 2012
I thought I would let everyone know the end of the story. My wife's MMS works now both sending and receiving. Now for the other shoe. I have no idea why after over 30 days without it. The only thing I can think is that it was something on Straight Talks end. We never found any magic Apn settings just using the ones they originally gave except now it works...I can only assume we made enough noise after a month of calls that somebody got there head out of you know where and fixed it. I'm sorry I can't post any revelations here because I know others are in that boat, but that's what happened.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had not tried those settings, so I plugged them in. I lose data on both right away and have intermittent signal. It seems like the Apn has to be tfdata and not anything else or I lose data.

Oh ok I understand...
    So you having PROBLEM downloading mms??

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    Thank you Bajanman. I did try those settings but I still had the same "downloading" MMS messages that never download. This is using the stock messaging app although I have tried others like Handcent and Gosms. The problem may be on Straight Talk end because she tells me the Apn they gave her worked for like a day and then stopped. I'm not sure what to think right now. My S4 works fine once I plugged in the right apn it was perfect. IF hers are right and I'm not sure they are, I can't imagine why it would suddenly stop working.

They suggest/we currently have these settings:

Name: Straight Talk
    Apn: tfdata
    Port:80
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    Multimedia Message Proxy:
    Mms3.tracfone.com
    Multimedia Message Port:
    MCC:310
    MNC:410

Everything else is not set or blank

Remove 80 from both Ports, leave everything else. This is what got everything 100% working for me, as I was experiencing the exact same thing and spent countless hours plugging in different APNs.