S4 Very Strange Screen Problem

Search This thread

Spike96

May 28, 2013
What's up guys! I've been having a problem with my phone that turns all red colors a little brighter, to a pinkish color. It's REALLY weird because I know it's not the hardware. When I restart, the colors all go normal and red for about 15 seconds after boot. After about 15 seconds, the color resets back to pink. This change from red to pink happens everywhere. On the home screen, inside apps, and in videos.
I have check all the settings like brightness and adapt display and nothing is out of place.
I will probably factory reset my phone if I can't find a solution but then I'll root to use titanium back up.

Anyone have any ideas?

dark5577

May 29, 2013
What's up guys! I've been having a problem with my phone that turns all red colors a little brighter, to a pinkish color. It's REALLY weird because I know it's not the hardware. When I restart, the colors all go normal and red for about 15 seconds after boot. After about 15 seconds, the color resets back to pink. This change from red to pink happens everywhere. On the home screen, inside apps, and in videos.
I have check all the settings like brightness and adapt display and nothing is out of place.
I will probably factory reset my phone if I can't find a solution but then I'll root to use titanium back up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Are you saying your screen mode is set to adapt display? I have my device set to movie and I can see the change in colors when my S4 switches from the normal screen profile to the movie profile shortly after boot. Although, if you have screen mode set to adapt display you shouldn't notice any change in the colors.

Reactions: Spike96

Spike96

May 28, 2013
Are you saying your screen mode is set to adapt display? I have my device set to movie and I can see the change in colors when my S4 switches from the normal screen profile to the movie profile shortly after boot. Although, if you have screen mode set to adapt display you shouldn't notice any change in the colors.

Adapt display was checked. But I found the problem, it was actually the Color Adjustment setting in the "Accessibility" section.
Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: dark5577

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyone have any ideas?

Adapt display was checked. But I found the problem, it was actually the Color Adjustment setting in the "Accessibility" section.
    Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app