New OTA today

Search This thread

slybarman

Dec 24, 2010
I am sure this must have been posted somewhere already, but I didn't see it. I only saw threads on the new source code deposit for EL30.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-rolling-out-ota-updates-evo-4g-epic-4g-evo-design-4g

Epic 4G

Update to version S:D700.0.5S.EL30
Security update
Speaker feedback fix
The QIK and Asphalt 5 applications are no longer preloaded. When opening the applications using the application icon, you will be redirected to the Android market to download and install the full application.
After the QIK install, you will need to login using your original account information or create a new account. All contacts should remain intact
After the Asphalt 5 install, previous game play data (eg. levels) will not be retained.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am sure this must have been posted somewhere already, but I didn't see it. I only saw threads on the new source code deposit for EL30.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-rolling-out-ota-updates-evo-4g-epic-4g-evo-design-4g

Epic 4G

Security update
Speaker feedback fix
The QIK and Asphalt 5 applications are no longer preloaded. When opening the applications using the application icon, you will be redirected to the Android market to download and install the full application.
After the QIK install, you will need to login using your original account information or create a new account. All contacts should remain intact
After the Asphalt 5 install, previous game play data (eg. levels) will not be retained.

Seriosuly CAN YOU Search??????????

There's already six threads i believe on this. Don't just post search then post if needed.

sendmespammails

Nov 29, 2011
I didnt see any post with patch note and saying OTA is rolling out today.

saw one about epic getting OTA soon and others were about source code

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I didnt see any post with patch note and saying OTA is rolling out today.

saw one about epic getting OTA soon and others were about source code

Dude its the same thing pretty much no one wants another thread talking about EL30.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1439065
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452838
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452869
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452846

Sorry not trying to gripe or be rude but its ridiculous that there's this many threads about the same thing. they all relate to the same thing. just because one person posts about a kernel, doesn't mean another person has to post about the modem or the tar.

We all know its coming but after 2 threads its just killing it. Again no disrespect or harsh feeling but we all don't want to see several threads dealing with the same thing is all.

Reactions: flastnoles11

xTmDarren

Dec 2, 2007
Kannapolis, NC

Epic 4G

Security update
Speaker feedback fix

I'm not going to be a jerk like some people and say use the search.. Anyone that has been on XDA for 5 mins and has used the search here should knows why.. Anyways my Wife will not let me touch her Epic.. So I'll let her know the update is coming..
Thanks again :cool:

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
I'm not going to be a jerk like some people and say use the search.. Anyone that has been on XDA for 5 mins and has used the search here should knows why.. Anyways my Wife will not let me touch her Epic.. So I'll let her know the update is coming..
Thanks again :cool:

Xda search blows. Using the "site" syntax in google works wonders.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
Its funny how "late to the party" so many people are. This stuff on el30 has been posted for quite awhile, and now here's yet another one. This guy must have thought he was tekkie of the year, bringing us this *NEW* news. Haahaaha

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Its funny how "late to the party" so many people are. This stuff on el30 has been posted for quite awhile, and now here's yet another one. This guy must have thought he was tekkie of the year, bringing us this *NEW* news. Haahaaha

I think all you fools poking jabs at this guy and putting him down need grow up. If you really need to feel important that badly, go beat your 9 yr old cousin in Super Smash Bros or something.

Sure, he probably didn't search good enough before posting, but the fact remains, the guy was just trying to help out. Let's not make this such a negative cliquey place...there's love enough for everyone. Can't we all just get along?

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
How is your comment any different? We give the original poster a little teasing, and you start throwing comments at the people who aren't posting the same info for the 30th time. If anything said here has made you THAT butthurt, then whoa. Moving along.

slybarman

Dec 24, 2010

This guy has been around longer and thanked a hell of a lot more times than you have. Chew on that for a bit. Haahaaha

If you read the original post, I was clear that there were other threads about EL30, what I did not see elsewhere was that the OTA was oficially starting.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rando991

Mar 5, 2011
Kansas City, MO
This guy has been around longer and thanked a hell of a lot more times than you have. Chew on that for a bit. Haahaaha

If you read the original post, I was clear that there were other threads about EL30, what I did not see elsewhere was that the OTA was oficially starting.

He's right, the posts about the OTA on EL30 just started this week. There WERE posts about EL30 being worked on in early January. I don't see the need to complain about a few OTA threads...besides, existing threads usually get way off track and keep rising to the top for topics not even related to the original title.

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
How is your comment any different? We give the original poster a little teasing, and you start throwing comments at the people who aren't posting the same info for the 30th time. If anything said here has made you THAT butthurt, then whoa. Moving along.

Sorry for the tirade, I'm not butthurt (eww), I just tire of people putting people down because they are trying to help (which yes, I did do, and shouldn't have). But at least it's been said.

So let's all just try to be civil moving forward.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think all you fools poking jabs at this guy and putting him down need grow up. If you really need to feel important that badly, go beat your 9 yr old cousin in Super Smash Bros or something.

Sure, he probably didn't search good enough before posting, but the fact remains, the guy was just trying to help out. Let's not make this such a negative cliquey place...there's love enough for everyone. Can't we all just get along?
    *****es be trippin...
    If you kids don't stop I will turn this thread right around!

Don't make me come back there!

LOL!

Seriosuly CAN YOU Search??????????

There's already six threads i believe on this. Don't just post search then post if needed.

It's not my first rodeo. You know things are slow when people spend their time whining like little *****es about other people's posts. Just sayin . . . .

...but we all don't want to see several threads dealing with the same thing is all.

every time someone posts on a thread that nobody likes, it bumps the thread back to the top of the list instead of just burying it (hint hint)