2-way call recording kernel?

Search This thread

black_mamba99

Feb 12, 2012
Mumbai
yup zorkman got it right...
in no-2 way call recording...the voice of the person on the other end is too low...
while in 2-way call recording,both parties have proper sound volume recorded

indyroid

Jan 12, 2012
I've tried the MIUI ROM and it comes with in-built 2-way call recording, have you tried that? Check out Moon101's ROM for example.

Reactions: black_mamba99

black_mamba99

Feb 12, 2012
Mumbai
can anybody upload "record my call" latest version(3.7)??
I cannot download frm market(very slow edge connection).
also it aint available on any hosting sites

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Those apps are only recording microphone...

"Record My Call
Please be kind and do not give 1 star if the app does not work on your phone.
Currently the app does not work on some phones. Please go to my website for phone compatibility (http://nathanielkh.wordpress.com/android-app/record-my-call/) before install it. You can also download the apk from the same website if Android Market does not provide the link.
Use speaker to get a better record quality during call.
Description:
This application has a basic purpose to record all your call (incoming and outgoing). Please be noticed that due to limitation of Android phone (hardware and software), this program only can record from microphone. Please turn on the loudspeaker during conversation to get clear voice from the other side. All conversations are recorded under file “RecordMyCall” file in memory card."

Same for the others.

Reactions: black_mamba99

LarsPT

Nov 16, 2009
On The Run
Hey guys,

I'm interested in getting an application to record room audio, like a meeting or class, for example. What would you recommend?

Thanks!

felix3650

Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm interested in getting an application to record room audio, like a meeting or class, for example. What would you recommend?

Thanks!

Hi
I‘m using VirtualRecorder to record my lesson during class. Good quality and can convert to mp3 too. Also it has a mic preamp which is useful on situations when you are far from the subject :) Get it from the market, it‘s free.

As for 2-way call recording, from my experience on linux, it must be supported in the kernel :)
On the Galaxy S2 forums you can find more info regarding the subject.
I dont think Nvidia will soon (if ever :( ) release such feature. They are late even on the ICS kernel 3.0*
Also for a Dev porting it means getting the APIs working and coding the right baseband driver.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Last edited:

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Hi
I‘m using VirtualRecorder to record my lesson during class. Good quality and can convert to mp3 too. Also it has a mic preamp which is useful on situations when you are far from the subject :) Get it from the market, it‘s free.

As for 2-way call recording, from my experience on linux, it must be supported in the kernel :)
On the Galaxy S2 forums you can find more info regarding the subject.
I dont think Nvidia will soon (if ever :( ) release such feature. They are late even on the ICS kernel 3.0*
Also for a Dev porting it means getting the APIs working and coding the right baseband driver.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Yes its related with kernel, filteration:)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

kfallz

Mar 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20
I use record my call, works great. Using the "default" option under tips and tricks as source. My own voice is lower than the incomming, but can still hear it clearly. Dj m 1.1 w spicas sr3-2

Arawac

Mar 9, 2011
Very interested to have a kernel that supports 2-way call recording will try the option of the previoous poster.

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Bumping this..
As 3.0 kernel ported for o2x, is there any hope for this ?
Inline 2 way call recording support which implemented in most of htc,samsung and sony devices ?
Sony even hav 2.6 kernel, but they hav this function.
I contacted to harsh, but he said it on kernel expert..
So, kernel experts, plz reply here.
What u say ?

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Bumping this..
As 3.0 kernel ported for o2x, is there any hope for this ?
Inline 2 way call recording support which implemented in most of htc,samsung and sony devices ?
Sony even hav 2.6 kernel, but they hav this function.
I contacted to harsh, but he said it on kernel expert..
So, kernel experts, plz reply here.
What u say ?

hey devs, n members, plz give some reply..

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
I did use a call recording app once and 2-way recording worked out of the box.
Was using the Stock CM7 kernel then.

Never tried (nor interested in trying) with newer ROMs.
Go ahead and check for yourself if it still works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does 2-way call recording work on stock kernel???
    if not then which kernel to use for the same/?
    I've tried the MIUI ROM and it comes with in-built 2-way call recording, have you tried that? Check out Moon101's ROM for example.
    Those apps are only recording microphone...

"Record My Call
    Please be kind and do not give 1 star if the app does not work on your phone.
    Currently the app does not work on some phones. Please go to my website for phone compatibility (http://nathanielkh.wordpress.com/android-app/record-my-call/) before install it. You can also download the apk from the same website if Android Market does not provide the link.
    Use speaker to get a better record quality during call.
    Description:
    This application has a basic purpose to record all your call (incoming and outgoing). Please be noticed that due to limitation of Android phone (hardware and software), this program only can record from microphone. Please turn on the loudspeaker during conversation to get clear voice from the other side. All conversations are recorded under file “RecordMyCall” file in memory card."

Same for the others.