[MOD][ANY PHONE] LongPress Volume to Skip tracks

Search This thread

LilBlinx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
Since there are many people asking for this mod which is available on CM9/10, I was searching a bit and finally got it working. It works on any ICS/JB rom but I havent tried on GB. Thanks to rovo89 and stole38. Make sure you are following all steps correctly because if not, your phone will be stuck in a bootloop. OK, here we go ! :fingers-crossed:

Requirements:

1) Root

2) init.d Support

3) Brain

Installation:

1. Download this APK file and install it on your phone (Xposed Installer) HERE

2. Download this second app and install it on your phone (Xposed Tweakbox) HERE

3. Open the Xposed Installer and press Install/Update. Wait.

4. After installing the framework, press Soft Reboot. The phone will reboot and might boot longer than usual, dont panic

5. After the phone has rebooted, open the Xposed Installer again and go to the Modules tab.

6. Check Xposed Tweakbox. And exit the Xposed Installer.

7. Open the Xposed Tweakbox app and choose Miscellaneous from the menu.

8. Check Skip tracks with volume keys

9. Exit the application and reboot the phone

10. Enjoy ! :D

NOTE: It works only when the screen is off (locked).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3493119

great app, trying it out now, and softreboot was faster than a regular reboot.

Saeedblack

Nov 5, 2011
Kermanshah
thanks a lot man .at least it worked for my device.very very useful learning
but 2 question :
-other twaeks in Xposed Tweakbox can be work on our device?
-can i unistall there two app and stay this ability "long press button" on my device?

[Fenix]

Jan 6, 2011
Italy
www.youtube.com
Google Pixel 4 XL
thanks to share this...it will work with any player?

EDIT: so tested on my P with power amp and...woooo it works :laugh:

Btw if you use power amp to use this mod you have to go on settings/lock screen and enable lockscreen ICS :)

Last edited:

[Fenix]

Jan 6, 2011
Italy
www.youtube.com
Google Pixel 4 XL
Someone can explain me what is "init.d support" please ? This tweaks looks like awesome but i don't want to brick my Xperia U..

So here it is :)

Init.d plays an important role in the world of Android development and customization It allows users to install scripts and mods to be run at boot—everything from battery tweaks to performance tweaks. It essentially opens the door to a world of mods only possible through the Init.d process, which in turn is usually only available on custom kernels.

If you don't have this look here (rooted phone needed)

Reactions: raciborski11

xxrahulxx

Aug 29, 2012
Great..!! Working on Xperia Sola.

One Question. If I uncheck this tweak in the Tweakbox app and enable some other tweak. Will i still get bootloops?

lstic

Oct 24, 2012
Njivice
Song skipping works, but the tweak conflicts with alarm on my phone.
Can't remember what exactly happened because it was early in the morning, but i know that i couldn't stop alarm with volume keys and i was in panic for 30 seconds before i could make it stop while half asleep :)

elroysde

Apr 8, 2012
Guadalajara
thanks so much , works fine in my xperia S , I was looking for a long time and luckily found here,:good: thank you very much again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since there are many people asking for this mod which is available on CM9/10, I was searching a bit and finally got it working. It works on any ICS/JB rom but I havent tried on GB. Thanks to rovo89 and stole38. Make sure you are following all steps correctly because if not, your phone will be stuck in a bootloop. OK, here we go ! :fingers-crossed:

Requirements:

1) Root

2) init.d Support

3) Brain

Installation:

1. Download this APK file and install it on your phone (Xposed Installer) HERE

2. Download this second app and install it on your phone (Xposed Tweakbox) HERE

3. Open the Xposed Installer and press Install/Update. Wait.

4. After installing the framework, press Soft Reboot. The phone will reboot and might boot longer than usual, dont panic

5. After the phone has rebooted, open the Xposed Installer again and go to the Modules tab.

6. Check Xposed Tweakbox. And exit the Xposed Installer.

7. Open the Xposed Tweakbox app and choose Miscellaneous from the menu.

8. Check Skip tracks with volume keys

9. Exit the application and reboot the phone

10. Enjoy ! :D

NOTE: It works only when the screen is off (locked).
    Someone can explain me what is "init.d support" please ? This tweaks looks like awesome but i don't want to brick my Xperia U..

So here it is :)

Init.d plays an important role in the world of Android development and customization It allows users to install scripts and mods to be run at boot—everything from battery tweaks to performance tweaks. It essentially opens the door to a world of mods only possible through the Init.d process, which in turn is usually only available on custom kernels.

If you don't have this look here (rooted phone needed)
    Great..!! Working on Xperia Sola.

One Question. If I uncheck this tweak in the Tweakbox app and enable some other tweak. Will i still get bootloops?

Haven't tried that but probably not. Make backup and test

Sent from my Xperia Power
    Well I installed this and than pimp my Rom, I didn't have any problems

how to LongPress Volume to Skip tracks on GB?

Haven't tried on GB, only on ICS