no more free tethering

Search This thread

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
As of today t mobile has block both my USB and hot spot tether... has anyone found a work around? Im using latest infamous ROM with ktoonz kernel... is anyone else having issues with their hot spot hack?

M9x3mos

May 12, 2008
Around
are you using the trevmod app for tethering?
I have used that for a while and works ok
are you getting a error or is it just not connecting anymore?

Reactions: Mr_Jay_jay

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
are you using the trevmod app for tethering?
I have used that for a while and works ok
are you getting a error or is it just not connecting anymore?

When I use the USB tether I get redirected and when I try to use the hot spot I get a text message from tmo saying that they block me.... what this trevmod u speak of?

TheKid1

Mar 29, 2011
As of today t mobile has block both my USB and hot spot tether... has anyone found a work around? Im using latest infamous ROM with ktoonz kernel... is anyone else having issues with their hot spot hack?

When I was completely stock, I had no problem. But once I did the OTA update in the settings menu I began having the same issue. I downloaded "Portable Wi-fi Hot Spot" from the playstore and it works like a charm bypassing the tmobile app.

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
when what where....

My tether is working... with several caveats ....

I use Clockworkmod tether on an ubuntu 12.04 pc running firefox with addons "user agent [that looks like a green ball with up and down blue arrows] " also running addon "https everywhere" and addon "noscript"

Heres the caveats...Clockworkmod tether. I ps ax and sudo kill the adb pid and the /node-tuntap/tether.js pid before reconecting after being at work/away. Then restart clockworkmod tether per instructions. Seems to be more stable if you kill the process's before you use it..

The above method works 98% of the time just fine, running firefox and Xchat connected on ssl port, and with 2 or 3 http d/l's, and d/l via ftp. Again mostly works great. Forget uploading it kills all d/l's!

Second method that also works...again with caveats..
Rooted with Mr.Robinsons root66 odin method , installed treve mod 2 11-22 driver reload2 and the flash zip tether wifi bt tw39515 and hot spot app from the treve mod thread.

now the second method works better on my ms w7 laptop with firefox and the same addon's listed above. However because IMHO I dont surf on a ms box for security reasons I only use mirc/mibbit to go on irc and update windows and kaspersky.

Now the second method also works ok[ish] if I plug in my usb wifi stick in the linux box however it instantly devides the bandwidth tho so that sux. But because that hotspot app requires you to purchase by the month or by the year you can forget d/l'ng files with it because it just drops connection.

Now if you thought the above methods were the only ones...that work! Fear not theres one last method that works but again with bigger caveats!

Easy tether works fine on my wifes netbook BUT you have to disable the wifi system and renable the network setup made for the easy tether...not for the non techies! and its a real pita!

Observations regarding all of the above methods .....
step one in the linux setting seems to go nuts if the d/l speeds get over 150k [http] on ftp d/l's 700k to 900k ish fine altho it drops xchat a lot.

Step 2 works great on devices that can connect via wifi [need to find a free hotspot app/server]

I didnt mess with the apn settings, seemed pointless at least to me. Step 1 works fine not rooted, for obvious reasons step 2 needs root.

The settings from the threads that cover step 2 seem to work just fine.

I still want to try out droidvpn but thats for another headache/day!

Props to the dev's that came up with the above apps...!

Hope this will help someone!

Device Tmob sgs3
root66 latest rom
treve mod 11-22 driver reload 2
tether wifibt tw39514.zio

Top Liked Posts