Thinking about getting a Note 2. Need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DevilStrider

Jan 8, 2008
I have a galaxy nexus at the moment and I planned on paying full price for a note 2 or galaxy SIII. I see the the GSIII has a lot more rom support than the note 2. So I'm asking those who own or owned both which do you like best?

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
Note 2 doesn't need much rom support. Gn2 does so much more than s3. Twice the cpu twice the ram + spen. Not much to compare

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
My wife has the GS3 and I have the Note 2. Having rooted/tweaked both, I can definitely say that neither really requires much in terms of ROMs. My wife likes things stock, but I was constantly flashing new ROMs on my EVO 4G, but don't really don't feel the need at all with my Note 2. Although there aren't as many ROMs for the Note 2, I think there's otherwise equal development for both in terms of tweaks and hacks.

One thing I did do was put Nova Launcher on my Note 2. Stupid lawsuits from Apple and others have stripped down the features of TouchWiz so much that I feel like I'm using 6-year-old technology.

Your choice pretty much boils down to size. If you like or can tolerate a bigger phone then I would highly recommend getting the Note 2. If not, then get the SG3.

DevilStrider

Jan 8, 2008
Thanks. I think I'm going to go with the note 2. I have sprint but there data is so slow. I was thinking about jumping to Verizon or AT&T and get one.

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
From what I understand, the SIII is at its "end of life" and is being phased out. I was recently faced with the same choice and couldn't be happier with my choice. Get the Note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Thanks. I think I'm going to go with the note 2. I have sprint but there data is so slow. I was thinking about jumping to Verizon or AT&T and get one.

Sprint will be releasing LTE in many cities soon so check yours.

If you are going with Sprint take a look at Amazon Wireless. They have the BEST prices. Right now they have the GN2 for $99 with a new 2 year contract. Not bad. ($199 if you are upgrading).

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-...=INDIVIDUAL_NEW&sr=1-4-entd&qid=1360512174047

** The good news is that while Sprint won't pricematch anyone, Bestbuy is now pricematching Amazon. Soooo, go into Bestbuy and tell them about the AmazonWireless price and get a deal.

DevilStrider

Jan 8, 2008
Sprint will be releasing LTE in many cities soon so check yours.

If you are going with Sprint take a look at Amazon Wireless. They have the BEST prices. Right now they have the GN2 for $99 with a new 2 year contract. Not bad. ($199 if you are upgrading).

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-...=INDIVIDUAL_NEW&sr=1-4-entd&qid=1360512174047

** The good news is that while Sprint won't pricematch anyone, Bestbuy is now pricematching Amazon. Soooo, go into Bestbuy and tell them about the AmazonWireless price and get a deal.

LTE won't be in my area anytime soon. Hell they hardly had WiMax here.

CHEDDABOI

Mar 6, 2010
Detroit,MI.
I have both an I find the note 2 my overall pick an the S pen is jus the best go with the note 2 u won't b disappointed:D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

monkeybone12

Sep 20, 2010
Ft. Morgan, Co
Bought my wife the S3 and Note 2 for me. Either is solid, but holding her phone in my hand just feels cute. Prefer the Note 2 for a bunch of reasons. The stock rom is fantastic. Still, I rooted mine an hour after it arrived. No regrets. Development is looking great IMHO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I recommend you get it I just got about 3 dsys ago and have not slept since lol there is so much you can do with it and its a sexy device great signal and so so smooth. I also have the S3 and that is as well a amazing phone. I am glad I switched to thw Note2 over it nit thatbthe S3 was bad justbthe big 5.5 inch screen is so beautiful for movies and social things plus you are guaranteed to turn heads with the Note 2

Last edited:

Cynamn63

Feb 11, 2013
Note 2

I just upgraded from the Sprint GS3 to the Sprint Note 2 and I LOVE IT. The Note2 is AWESOME. I had it rooted and flashed Mack's Rom less that an hour after I made the purchase. I would suggest the Note 2 as long as you don't mind the size.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I have had my Note 2 for about little over a week coming from S3 and either is a good choice but I am happy I got the Note 2 because it just does so much more than any other device on the market including the S3 my next phone will be the Note 3 for sure because how much I love this one that's my 2or3 cents

jones4765

Oct 30, 2007
San Diego
Picked up my Note 2 earlier today, amazing device! Glad I finally made the switch instead of holding onto my EVO 4g. Soo much faster and this thing just flies! :D

I too went from the original EVO like so many others. Also, as previous members have posted, Best Buy does match Amazon. Amazon had it for 199.99 for renewal and I signed up for the Best Buy mobile credit promotion of $50 (no longer available). Total pocket cost was about 200 after activation.

Absolutely love this phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts