Line for Gear

Search This thread

LaDamian

May 28, 2011
Has anyone been successful using this app? It is the messaging app I use the most, but in its current state it appears quite useless. It claims it can be used for making calls and sending stickers, but the only option available is to turn the alarm off and on.

If you have figured out how to get this app working, please let me know.

dragoncius

Jun 3, 2011
México City
Has anyone been successful using this app? It is the messaging app I use the most, but in its current state it appears quite useless. It claims it can be used for making calls and sending stickers, but the only option available is to turn the alarm off and on.

If you have figured out how to get this app working, please let me know.

It used to work! I love Line and you could reply with a sticker right from the Gear. But now it doesn´t work...:(

Alarm off or on refers to the alerts of the Line messages, but no...doesn´t work.

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
Every time theres an update for GM, I dont restore data from the last GM, this has solve my problems with line. or do a fresh install of line on your gear. you can also try to have notifications on when screen is off.

LaDamian

May 28, 2011
Ok. One more question. Do you have notifications turned on in gear manager for line, or do you let the line for gear app handle them?

Thanks

LaDamian

May 28, 2011
I finally figured it out after reading through reviews. You have to have pop up notifications turned on in the line app on your phone for the program on the gear to work properly. You can use either the "simple" or "default" setting. This pretty much just makes me not want to use the app.

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
Thats what I meant when I recommended to have notifications on when the screen is off. you have to play with the notifications settings on the phone. Ive also notice that sometimes notifications dont get send out to the gear when you have a screen lock. How do you like it now? its pretty cool huh, I just wish they included more stickers for the gear

LaDamian

May 28, 2011
The app requiring pop up notifications was a deal breaker for me. Half the reason I wanted the watch was so I didn't have to turn my screen on as often as I do. I also don't want people just seeing random pop ups. I deleted it in favor of the regular notifications until it gets better.