Call Delay Patch

Search This thread
Wow first post after nearly 4 years since u joined.....

Edit : I do not have the issue that you made this app for . However i find that it does take a few seconds before my phone begins to ring after my caller has made a call. Usually my caller can hear at least 2 ringtones before my phone begins to ring.
Will this issue be sorted ?

Last edited:

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
The person on the other line can't hear you for a few seconds when you answer the call? Try this PATCH.
It starts automatically after Android boot.

On Android market as Call Delay Patch

Are you the author? If the answer is "yes", then why don't you explain in detail how this app works, what are the tested phones, what version of Android is compatible with it, etc.;)

koulik

Nov 10, 2007
Ok.

It simply initialize microphone immediately when ringing starts. It's the same method as dewonkificator, but CDP is triggered by the call. Dewonkificator is executed periodically.

I've tested it on my Desire with CM7 (2.3.3). CDP is compatible with Android 1.6 and higher.

I am waiting for another feedbacks and will release new version if needed.

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Not working for me, yes I did reboot first and made sure it was ticked as enabled.

Desire running Oxygen 2.0.1, 2.6.37.3 kernel by thalamus.

koulik

Nov 10, 2007
Thanks for feedback. I'll try to test it on Oxygen rom.

Btw. I've just released version 1.2, can you try this one?

Thank you

freaksamael

Apr 16, 2008
Bucharest
Tried CDP v1.2 on Oxygen 2.0.1, kernel 2.6.37.3-r1 thalamus. Reboot as instructed.
Call delay seems to be less than 0.5 sec, is there, but is much less than previous 1.5 sec.

The idea is brilliant! Thank you!

Qunna

Dec 3, 2010
Seems to be a good app, I will give it a try.
If it's really works, it's possible to commit this patch to CM?

koulik

Nov 10, 2007
It is not possible, because it doesn't work generally on all devices and problem isn't patched on operating system level.

According to my statistics, this patch works on 70% of all devices where it has been installed.

Reactions: dishko and TainT

kecinzer

Jul 1, 2007
Decin
kecinzer.cz
I had another call today and call delay again. Too bad :(
It's strange, because it is sometimes work and sometimes don't. I believe you fix it :)

Last edited:

koulik

Nov 10, 2007
I have noticed the same problem :)

But it's difficult to find where is the reason that sometimes is microphone initialized and sometimes not.:confused:

Killer2k8

Jul 25, 2008
Bucharest
HTC DESIRE using Gingervillain 1.6

Installed, enabled and reboot.

Yet i do not see the application runing at all, no log messages, no services runing.

I think on my phone the application's service is failing to start.
I have checked the log and all i have found is that on reboot:
i see this:
I/PackageManager( 224): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/cz.byteworks.c
dp-1.apk
I/ActivityManager( 224): Start proc cz.byteworks.cdp for broadcast cz.byteworks
.cdp/.StartupReceiver: pid=642 uid=10002 gids={}
I/ActivityManager( 224): No longer want cz.byteworks.cdp (pid 642): hidden #16

one line after another, so the service starts, but the system kills it immediatly.

maybe the others are experiencing the same problem, the service not starting and not making any patch.
Please solve.

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
I have noticed the same problem :)

But it's difficult to find where is the reason that sometimes is microphone initialized and sometimes not.:confused:

I believe that there is another Gingerbread bug that causes it. After some uptime, it stops sending or receiving broadcasts (I have noticed this in Phantom Music Control). So if you detect calls via broadcasts, it will only work for some time after boot :-(.

TheMasterBaron

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2009
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I don't think you can fix the call delay when the phone rings. The delay is caused by opening the mic after its been idle for some time. If you do it when the phone rings you still have to wait 10 seconds before the mic works and if you answer quickly the other person will not hear you. My solution opens and closes the mic periodically so it's always ready and never delays.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The person on the other line can't hear you for a few seconds when you answer the call? Try this PATCH.
    It starts automatically after Android boot.

On Android market as Call Delay Patch
    It is not possible, because it doesn't work generally on all devices and problem isn't patched on operating system level.

According to my statistics, this patch works on 70% of all devices where it has been installed.