jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
Requirements:

• Root
  • SuperUser
  • ES Explorer

Description:
Resolves that annoying "Mobile data is not avaible or invalid SIM" when enabled Mobile Hotspot.

29vncqh.jpg
15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

1. Open "ES File Explorer". Go to the left side in "Fast Access" in the "Tools" section and then enable "Root Explorer" to have root permissions on the file browser.

2. Remove the Oldest "TetheringProvision.apk" and "TetheringProvision.odex" in system/app and replace with "TetheringProvision.apk" in: system/app
check and set permission rw-r--r--

Pros: Work with another Carrier. :good:
Cons: Maybe not work well for at&t carrier, FC in ART Mode.

note: I'll post it in case someone needs it.

source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2310850

Attachments

• TetheringProvision.apk
    232.1 KB · Views: 2,347
Last edited:

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Requirements:

• Root
  • SuperUser
  • ES Explorer

Description:
Resolves that annoying "Mobile data is not avaible or invalid SIM" when enabled Mobile Hotspot.

29vncqh.jpg
15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

Remove the Oldest "TetheringProvision.apk" and "TetheringProvision.odex" in system/app and replace with "TetheringProvision.apk" in: system/app

this also works
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53823272&postcount=1

Last edited:
Reactions: UltraCon79

CrunchPunch

Jul 9, 2014
Requirements:

• Root
  • SuperUser
  • ES Explorer

Description:

29vncqh.jpg
15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

Remove the Oldest "TetheringProvision.apk" and "TetheringProvision.odex" in system/app and replace with "TetheringProvision.apk" in: system/app

Thanks for posting this. I installed the APK but can't find the app anywhere. It doesn't show up under settings. Any clue as to what i can do to make this show up? Thanks so much.

jdock

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for posting this. I installed the APK but can't find the app anywhere. It doesn't show up under settings. Any clue as to what i can do to make this show up? Thanks so much.

You do not use the apk directly. The regular tethering app runs the provision check app, which asks at&t if your account is allowed to tether, itself. This replacement version just always says to allow the tethering.

CrunchPunch

Jul 9, 2014
You do not use the apk directly. The regular tethering app runs the provision check app, which asks at&t if your account is allowed to tether, itself. This replacement version just always says to allow the tethering.

Mine is gone from the settings menu somehow. Thanks for the response though.

vela111

Jun 5, 2009
Bogotá
Not working for me, what I'm doing wrong?

Requirements:

• Root
  • SuperUser
  • ES Explorer

Description:

29vncqh.jpg
15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

Hi Guys, I'm a noobe. I try to erase the Apps but it gives an Error, Do you have any other tip or any guide based on your experiences?

Yes, I rooted the phone with towolroot and it worked. The phone is an S5 G900a ATT version but it is in a different network than ATT, I'm based in Latin America. I have install superuser and it gives permission to ES explorer but it does not remove the app when I ask it to. Also I have try to replace it but I still have the same error.

Another noobe question, how do you give permission for rw-r--r--?

Thanks for the help.
JV

AustinVillan

Nov 18, 2007
ATX
Hi Guys, I'm a noobe. I try to erase the Apps but it gives an Error, Do you have any other tip or any guide based on your experiences?

Yes, I rooted the phone with towolroot and it worked. The phone is an S5 G900a ATT version but it is in a different network than ATT, I'm based in Latin America. I have install superuser and it gives permission to ES explorer but it does not remove the app when I ask it to. Also I have try to replace it but I still have the same error.

Another noobe question, how do you give permission for rw-r--r--?

Thanks for the help.
JV

I got an error trying to remove the files using ES Explorer also. I purchased Root Explorer in the past so I was able to use that to remove the old files, copy in the new one and change the permissions. To update the permissions I went into Root Explorer and long-pressed on the file and selected Permissions. You can then remove the write options.

Unfortunately when I try to turn on tethering I get the error message: "Unfortunately, TetheringProvision has stopped." Has anyone else seen this error? I'm running the SM-G900A on T-Mobile.

jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
I got an error trying to remove the files using ES Explorer also. I purchased Root Explorer in the past so I was able to use that to remove the old files, copy in the new one and change the permissions. To update the permissions I went into Root Explorer and long-pressed on the file and selected Permissions. You can then remove the write options.

Unfortunately when I try to turn on tethering I get the error message: "Unfortunately, TetheringProvision has stopped." Has anyone else seen this error? I'm running the SM-G900A on T-Mobile.

EgOk5Im.jpg

Mttron

Dec 27, 2014
loxley, Alabama
will this work on an S5 G900A ATT usa

Requirements:

• Root
  • SuperUser
  • ES Explorer

Description:

29vncqh.jpg
15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

1. Open "ES File Explorer". Go to the left side in "Fast Access" in the "Tools" section and then enable "Root Explorer" to have root permissions on the file browser.

2. Remove the Oldest "TetheringProvision.apk" and "TetheringProvision.odex" in system/app and replace with "TetheringProvision.apk" in: system/app

I just purchased an SM-G900A ATT s5 from ebay and I am getting that dang Hotspot not available error also.
I am using a Straight Talk ATT sim so the phone does work well everything EXCEPT the HotSpot!
I am assuming this is because it is not unlocked? I haven't rooted it yet, but am considering trying your fix.
My main question other than is it NOT rooted is will this fix work on the G900A? the type in your image is a 'S5 2828'.
Thanks in advance!

tictac_m

Jun 19, 2007
it working with movistar ecuador. thanks.

Requirements:

• Root
  • SuperUser
  • ES Explorer

Description:

29vncqh.jpg
15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

elbaroark

May 31, 2010
Sturgeon
I am using an AT&T S3 on Net10 network and had been trying to figure out how to get rid of the stupid error message. This method works great for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements:

• Root
    • SuperUser
    • ES Explorer

Description:

29vncqh.jpg
    15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

Requirements:

• Root
    • SuperUser
    • ES Explorer

Description:

29vncqh.jpg
    15gfsb5.png

Procedure:

this also works
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53823272&postcount=1