[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
1.5MB memory savings Test Kernel

Epic CM Team Blog: 1.5MB memory savings Test Kernel

New kernel available for testing. Same as the kernel from 4/17/2012 but with experimental 1.5MB memory savings. We need to know if this change causes any problems with video recording or playback.

leftkidney

Nov 21, 2010
I know this might be just a ICS thing and/or not having touchwiz but when I get a call before using midnightrom (and stock I think, its been so long since stock) when I would get a call it was "UP" on the screen to answer, now its "RIGHT" while "UP" is messaging

before it was in the middle and I would have 3 options, answer, ignore, ignore with message - I really used the ignore with message a lot because people that call me are stupid and will just leave a voicemail if I ignore the call and I have to get that alert and check it, but the ignore with message was great

is there a way for a user to "mod" the lock screen somehow so that it works like they want it, I mean is this something that someone could maybe edit a text file and re-code a little and make it work or will changing that mess with everything

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
I know this might be just a ICS thing and/or not having touchwiz but when I get a call before using midnightrom (and stock I think, its been so long since stock) when I would get a call it was "UP" on the screen to answer, now its "RIGHT" while "UP" is messaging

before it was in the middle and I would have 3 options, answer, ignore, ignore with message - I really used the ignore with message a lot because people that call me are stupid and will just leave a voicemail if I ignore the call and I have to get that alert and check it, but the ignore with message was great

is there a way for a user to "mod" the lock screen somehow so that it works like they want it, I mean is this something that someone could maybe edit a text file and re-code a little and make it work or will changing that mess with everything

You could try using a different dialer.

sent using The PEOPLES technology via Tapatalk 2

davidh59

Nov 20, 2011
Poland, IN

Lock screens changes and themes are both things coming from upstream. Hopefully sooner rather than later. In the mean time there are some mods out there ,but they are "use at your own risk" and don't report bugs here if you have problems while using them.

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
No I think it's how SMS is designed since its creation. It's basically designed for 160 characters, this is including blank spaces. All messages are limited to 160 characters only. New technology splits it for you that's why you get it separately sections. But by design its not made for blank lines. The purpose is to deliver a short message within 160characters or less. For anything longer you have email.

sent using Asgard technology via Tapatalk 2
I'm not sure you got my question. I'm still wondering if there is a way we can enter a new line while typing text on CM9 beta 2. I just can't believe it's by design we can't enter a new line in the text typing box, as someone said.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I'm not sure you got my question. I'm still wondering if there is a way we can enter a new line while typing text on CM9 beta 2. I just can't believe it's by design we can't enter a new line in the text typing box, as someone said.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Text boxes you can. But not in the messaging app.

I just used the enter key twice to break lines in this post using beta2.

~ E.R.A.

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
And people say cm9 has bad battery..psh. running 1800 mAh battery

Sent from my Samsung Epic using CM9!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335119744508.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335119744508.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 415

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Would show mine but.... my battery is shot... its draining in less than 5 hours over all 3g ='[. Need a new touch battery.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

StoneRyno

Oct 29, 2011
My laptop shuts off the usb ports if there is no activity on them after a certain amount of time. Have to reboot to turn them back on

Sent from my pimped out CM9 ICS Epic 4G

There should be a way to turn them back on. I would think it would be automatic when something in plugged into one. Considering turning them off would be a power management thing. You could duplicate your power profile and then disable putting USB ports in suspend mode. This would allow you to toggle USB back on while retaining the rest of the power settings of the mode. Then switch back when done. Though like I said that should already be happening automatically without the need of the alternate profile to do it.

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
I have only had one issue sending MMS, and that turned out to be a Sprint thing... send a message and just let it sit there sending for a bit. See if it fixes itself.... MMS is working on my phone.. no themes, no kernels.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

jct522

Dec 6, 2010
California
It seems that every time I switch to a new ROM my data won't work. I have tried toggling airplane mode and data but it doesn't do anything. Anyone have any idea on why this is happening or what I should do?

AndroidIsEpic

Sep 5, 2010
So is the picture/mms not sending over 3G being looked into at all? I really wish I knew if it was more of a FC09 issue or the beta 2.

I have reinstalled FC09 a million different ways and have updated my profile and prl with no luck in fixing mms.

Will going to one of my back ups from beta 1 will fix it?

Also if you load a backup that was on the EL30 modem will it load with that or will it be the backed up rom but with the new modem I installed?

And is any one else experiencing these issue?

Top Liked Posts