[APP] aeGis v2.1.2.1

Search This thread

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
HMB1R3nGTfs3w09QyJ5l0dmluMGY5H9bV3TlM15ej-Yz7lD7RmgJ7on_i-OT1zEWmcw=w705

Hi,

I really dislike some security apps forcing all kinds of things(virus scanner) into an application which I only want to use to remotely control my phone. So I wrote aeGis.

aeGis allows most of the functionality you'll see with Lookout or Cerebrus, but handles it locally on your phone via SMS with no data connection being required to complete any of the actions.

If your phone ever goes missing or is stolen, simply text the passphrase you chose to your device to activate any of the four options. aeGis will alert you if the action has been successfully completed.

Features:
- Ability to remotely lock your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely enable sound on your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely locate your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely wipe your device via SMS
- Ability to lock application with a password
- Ability to launch application from Dialer(so you can hide it from your app tray)
- Ability to backup call logs/sms logs to either Google Drive or Dropbox
- Ability to silently trigger actions

Support
Supports android device > API 14(Ice Cream Sandwhich)

Source can be found:
http://github.com/Decad3nce/Aegis

Install:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decad3nce.aegis

Donate Version(Identical to free version):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decad3nce.aegisdonate

Please list comments/questions and hopefully, contributions.

Last edited:

drraptor

Mar 9, 2012
Gmail SMS appending issue . I'm locked out . I set a number as pin in aeGis, but this is asking for a word. I did try default password "aeGis" but it isn't working either. pull the xml file and password "1234" just what I set. but this isn't working.

Reactions: thedisturbedone

Decad3nce

Feb 19, 2010
Gmail SMS appending issue . I'm locked out . I set a number as pin in aeGis, but this is asking for a word. I did try default password "aeGis" but it isn't working either. pull the xml file and password "1234" just what I set. but this isn't working.

1234 isn't working?

Reactions: the2rrell

Decad3nce

Feb 19, 2010

So looking at your issue a bit further. Gmail SMS appends: " - youremail@gmail.com"

So your password would be: "passcode - youremail@gmail.com"

Anyways, I fixed the issue in v1.2.3 with this commit: https://github.com/Decad3nce/Aegis/commit/c116d3e0b2975d37ad0b3dabe0e79c2cb7edd7ec

Code:
     password = password.replaceAll("([^.@\\s]+)(\\.[^.@\\s]+)*@([^.@\\s]+\\.)+([^.@\\s]+)", "")
                                            .replaceAll("-+","")
                                            .trim();

Good regex saves lives.

drraptor

Mar 9, 2012

Thanks. :DI give it a try today.:fingers-crossed:If it had been a pin, the keyboard could have been dial pad. Had to wipe for the 3rd time. :silly:

so In this case it should be "1234youremail@gmail.com". And youremail should be replaced with my email add. Well it is isn't working either. I'm using ver. 1.2.3.

So anyother wipe ? :(

Last edited:

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Is there any reason other than lack of using backward compatible API options that this doesn't work on pre ICS devices?

Despite what you may think, there are a lot of not so old devices that do not have working/reliable ICS, such as the G2X. Limiting an app to ICS at this stage is rather..... annoying.

Decad3nce

Feb 19, 2010
Is there any reason other than lack of using backward compatible API options that this doesn't work on pre ICS devices?

Despite what you may think, there are a lot of not so old devices that do not have working/reliable ICS, such as the G2X. Limiting an app to ICS at this stage is rather..... annoying.

I'm not sure that I thought anything; but, ok.

I was planning on adding backwards compat, but I wanted to keep the same theme. I'm still learning as I go, I'm sorry you find that annoying.

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I'm not sure that I thought anything; but, ok.

I was planning on adding backwards compat, but I wanted to keep the same theme. I'm still learning as I go, I'm sorry you find that annoying.

Understandable.... from what I've been playing around with in Eclipse, you can specify a different theme for older API levels. Might be something to look at if the theme is the only limitation :)

Decad3nce

Feb 19, 2010
Added option to lock the application with a password, as well as having added an overflow menu which allows for more settings to come in the future.

If anyone wants to contribute towards translations, it would be awesome. :)

These following strings need a translation to any language other than english.
Code:
aeGis
Wipe
Lock
Alarm
Locate
Settings
aeGis
aeGis is tracking the devices location\nTo disable tracking, hit the Disable Tracking button

Disable Tracking
aeGis requires device admin control for the wipe/lock features.
Features coming!
overflow

Alarm
Alarm
Play an alarm and enable ringer sound on device.
Alarm Activation SMS
Choose what text to send to activate the alarm. It is recommended to use a PIN in your activation SMS to avoid unauthorized activation of the alarm.
Vibrate
Whether to vibrate when alarm is activated.
Lock
Lock
Lock the device when activation sms is sent.
Lock Activation SMS
Choose what text to send to lock the device. It is recommended to use a PIN in your activation SMS to avoid unauthorized locking.
Default password
Choose what password will be used to lock the device. This is the default password that will be set, custom passwords can be provided when sending SMS by appending the requested password to the SMS. If set to blank, the password/lock method will not be changed but the device will get locked to force re-authentication using the existing password.
Wipe
Wipe
Wipe the device when activation sms is sent.
Wipe Activation SMS
Choose what text to send to wipe the device. It is recommended to use a PIN in your activation SMS to avoid unauthorized wiping.
Locate
Locate
Locate the device when activation sms is sent.
Locate Activation SMS
Choose what text to send to locate the device. It is recommended to use a PIN in your activation SMS to avoid unauthorized location tracking.
Lock Device
Whether to lock device with default lock password or appended password when locate is triggered.
Location Update Interval
Choose how often to have location provider attempt to get a more accurate location from the device being tracked. A lower time will drain more battery on device.
Location Minimum Distance
Choose the minimum distance of change the location service will trigger an update for.

aeGis: Sound successfully enabled.
aeGis: Failed to override sound settings. Error:
aeGis: Locked device with password:
aeGis: Failed to lock device. Error:
aeGis: Wiping device.
aeGis: Failed to wipe device. Error:
aeGis: Failed to locate device. Error:

Password
Confirm Password
Continue
Passwords is set as
Please enter a password and confirm it
Passwords do not match
Disable Password Login
Please enter a password to lock aeGis with whenever the session is exited. Passwords may contain any characters or be of any length.\n You can also choose to disable login by clicking the checkbox.

Password
Login
Password is incorrect
Please enter the password
Please login to continue to aeGis

Copyright(C) 2012 Adnan Begovic
Github source link
Send email to developer

aeGis has overriden sound settings.

Decad3nce

Feb 19, 2010
Fixed some way overlooked bug with alarm toggle not disabling. (surprised noone emailed me about that).

Anyways, also beautified some layout related bits for some devices.

Not that anyone cares how pretty things are... >.>

New "About" page.
Screenshot_2012-12-25-21-34-58.png

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
Fixed some way overlooked bug with alarm toggle not disabling. (surprised noone emailed me about that).

Anyways, also beautified some layout related bits for some devices.

Not that anyone cares how pretty things are... >.>

New "About" page.
Screenshot_2012-12-25-21-34-58.png

I might of overlooked this but is there a way to keep the alarm going? It sounds once really quick and vibrates but then shuts off, tested on my Galaxy Nexus and S3:eek:

Sorry if i overlooked a setting, and thanks for the great work:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

A2Eric

Feb 27, 2010
Michigan
I might of overlooked this but is there a way to keep the alarm going? It sounds once really quick and vibrates but then shuts off, tested on my Galaxy Nexus and S3:eek:

I would like to know this as well. And how do you change the alarm notification sound? It seems to be linked to my same email notification sound. I would like to control just the alarm sound through the app, not have it affect other notifications if that makes any sense.

Decad3nce

Feb 19, 2010

I would like to know this as well. And how do you change the alarm notification sound? It seems to be linked to my same email notification sound. I would like to control just the alarm sound through the app, not have it affect other notifications if that makes any sense.

The alarm is meant more of a way to override your sound settings to take the device out of silent mode.

The email sound you explain is just the sound by the messaging app most likely which is your default notification sound.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
The alarm is meant more of a way to override your sound settings to take the device out of silent mode.

The email sound you explain is just the sound by the messaging app most likely which is your default notification sound.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I get it, but i tested on both silent and regular volume modes and it sounds once, vibrates then shuts off. :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HMB1R3nGTfs3w09QyJ5l0dmluMGY5H9bV3TlM15ej-Yz7lD7RmgJ7on_i-OT1zEWmcw=w705

Hi,

I really dislike some security apps forcing all kinds of things(virus scanner) into an application which I only want to use to remotely control my phone. So I wrote aeGis.

aeGis allows most of the functionality you'll see with Lookout or Cerebrus, but handles it locally on your phone via SMS with no data connection being required to complete any of the actions.

If your phone ever goes missing or is stolen, simply text the passphrase you chose to your device to activate any of the four options. aeGis will alert you if the action has been successfully completed.

Features:
    - Ability to remotely lock your device via SMS
    - Ability to remotely enable sound on your device via SMS
    - Ability to remotely locate your device via SMS
    - Ability to remotely wipe your device via SMS
    - Ability to lock application with a password
    - Ability to launch application from Dialer(so you can hide it from your app tray)
    - Ability to backup call logs/sms logs to either Google Drive or Dropbox
    - Ability to silently trigger actions

Support
    Supports android device > API 14(Ice Cream Sandwhich)

Source can be found:
    http://github.com/Decad3nce/Aegis

Install:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decad3nce.aegis

Donate Version(Identical to free version):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decad3nce.aegisdonate

Please list comments/questions and hopefully, contributions.

So looking at your issue a bit further. Gmail SMS appends: " - youremail@gmail.com"

So your password would be: "passcode - youremail@gmail.com"

Anyways, I fixed the issue in v1.2.3 with this commit: https://github.com/Decad3nce/Aegis/commit/c116d3e0b2975d37ad0b3dabe0e79c2cb7edd7ec

Code:
         password = password.replaceAll("([^.@\\s]+)(\\.[^.@\\s]+)*@([^.@\\s]+\\.)+([^.@\\s]+)", "")
                                                .replaceAll("-+","")
                                                .trim();

Good regex saves lives.
    So I've been really busy all night. Integrated Google Drive API, and rearranged some things .

Check the pictures:

I'll release once I fix a few last bugs. :)

device-2013-01-28-061420.png
    device-2013-01-28-061132.png
    device-2013-01-28-061155.png
    device-2013-01-28-061358.png

Still all SMS driven.
    New Release (v2.1.0.0):

UI/UX overhaul:

device-2013-06-16-192415.png

device-2013-06-16-191236.png

device-2013-06-16-191334.png

Should be on play store within like 2 hours.
    Pushed the update to the play store.

v1.3.3
    Release v1.3.3
    -- Implement Google Drive API
    -- Create new "Data" tab that allows you to upload call log and sms log to a folder created on google drive
    -- Allow aeGis to be started via a secret code in the dialer(so you can hide the app)
    -- Translation updates
    -- Various other updates

Thanks again, all!