[Completed] Htc one Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AlphaBit

Jun 28, 2014
Hello Everybody.*

I'm new here and I could use some help.*

A few weeks ago I bought a HTC one m7 32 G from a friend, when i tried to do a factory reset I wasn't able to cause the phone would freeze on the Twrp slide to unlock screen. I read and found out that it was the Twrp fault cause it was the version 2.5 00, so I downloaded Rom Manager and tried to update Twrp but to no avail. So I guessed I have to be rooted to do that. The phone has the bootloader unlocked and it says tampered, so i guess that it was rooted at some point. Also I found something called All in one root kit v4 amongst it's files, so i guess that's was what the person used to root the phone.*

I just received an ota update today and made the download but when I press install the phone reboots and it freezes on the Twrp 2.5 00 screen as usual. Currently I don't have a pc. The phone has Android 4.3. What can I do. Thanks in advance.*

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello Everybody.*

I'm new here and I could use some help.*

A few weeks ago I bought a HTC one m7 32 G from a friend, when i tried to do a factory reset I wasn't able to cause the phone would freeze on the Twrp slide to unlock screen. I read and found out that it was the Twrp fault cause it was the version 2.5 00, so I downloaded Rom Manager and tried to update Twrp but to no avail. So I guessed I have to be rooted to do that. The phone has the bootloader unlocked and it says tampered, so i guess that it was rooted at some point. Also I found something called All in one root kit v4 amongst it's files, so i guess that's was what the person used to root the phone.*

I just received an ota update today and made the download but when I press install the phone reboots and it freezes on the Twrp 2.5 00 screen as usual. Currently I don't have a pc. The phone has Android 4.3. What can I do. Thanks in advance.*

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Congratulations for your new phone ... it's a really powerful device IMO :good:

I think this is the right TWRP recovery for your device: HTC One > One Original Android Development > [RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery v2.7.1.1
But check your exact device model before flashing anything.

I also advice you to read the HTC One > One Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > Frequently Asked Questions thread. It's very helpful for new HTC One M7 users.
If you have further questions, please ask in your device specific help forum: HTC One > One Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
There you will get quick and proper help :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.