[Q] SM-P605 Rooting issue

Search This thread

kypreo

Jul 2, 2014
Hi all

Hope you are well, I have been trying to root my Galaxy Note 2014 SM-P605 to resolve external card issue. I have bought this in Australia from Optus but couldn't find the original rom so I reflashed it using the Nordic rom P605XXUCNE2 and everything works fine.

I used the CF-Auto-Root-lt03lte-lt03ltexx-smp605.tar.md5 and flashed via Odin, upon reboot the unit experienced a soft brick where the unit would constantly reboot and the display was fuzzy with lines, at this point I struggled to even get download mode or recovery up but eventually managed download mode by holding in vol down, power & home all at once.

I then reflashed using the P605XXUCNE2 firmware. The question I have is before I try towelroot is, do I have to Sim unlock the unit? How can even determine if there is a Sim lock? I can confirm that Knox was not triggered.

Any assistance would be most welcomed.

kypreo

Jul 2, 2014
Guys

I have managed to resolve this issue by using Geohot's Towelroot, I highly recommend that you use this, it will not trip Knox, unfortunately I had already tried CF Root with no success and it tripped Knox thus invalidating my warranty.

Do your research before you rush, this has bitten me on the ass in terms of warranty, hopefully I don't develop any issues in this warranty period, be aware that Towelroot will not change Knox, thanks.

leonieksims

Apr 14, 2014
custom rom

Guys

I have managed to resolve this issue by using Geohot's Towelroot, I highly recommend that you use this, it will not trip Knox, unfortunately I had already tried CF Root with no success and it tripped Knox thus invalidating my warranty.

Do your research before you rush, this has bitten me on the ass in terms of warranty, hopefully I don't develop any issues in this warranty period, be aware that Towelroot will not change Knox, thanks.

HI, i was wondering if i could pick your brain and ask some questions and receive a reply that i can understand. I have switched over to Android from iOS and have used towelroot on my 10.1 2014 tablet but things are not running smoothly. I get so many crashes etc that i would like to perhaps do more to the device like a custom rom. are you using one and if so which one?
thanks

tclazier

Oct 28, 2013
Root Note 10.1 2014 Edition (sm-p605) after the July Update

Hello everyone,

Is there anyway to root the Note 10.1 2014 Edition (sm-p605) after the July Update. I have been reading the forums and found not straight answer. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Hello everyone,

Is there anyway to root the Note 10.1 2014 Edition (sm-p605) after the July Update. I have been reading the forums and found not straight answer. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Yes. Flash a custom recovery such as twrp using Odin. Then flash the supersu zip package

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tclazier

tclazier

Oct 28, 2013
Yes. Flash a custom recovery such as twrp using Odin. Then flash the supersu zip package

Hi. Thanks for the answer.
I am new at this and so I am having some problems trying to follow your instructions. I did manage to flash - or, at least, I think did - the twrp using odin but then I didn't know how to boot to twrp recovery mode so I could flash the supersu package. When I finally figured out how (volume up, home and power) I got to Android recovery screen and now I am clueless. Do I have to do something in order to finish the twrp flashing? Did something went wrong and that's why I am booting to Android and not Twrp recovery mode? I am pressing the wrong buttons to get to it? I am deeply appreciate if you or someone else could shed me some light. Thank you

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
I am new at this and so I am having some problems trying to follow your instructions. I did manage to flash - or, at least, I think did - the twrp using odin but then I didn't know how to boot to twrp recovery mode so I could flash the supersu package. When I finally figured out how (volume up, home and power) I got to Android recovery screen and now I am clueless. Do I have to do something in order to finish the twrp flashing? Did something went wrong and that's why I am booting to Android and not Twrp recovery mode? I am pressing the wrong buttons to get to it? I am deeply appreciate if you or someone else could shed me some light. Thank you

Hi,
When you flash TWRP with Odin you have to reboot immediately in recovery as if you reboot the systeme TWRP will be overwritten by the stock recovery.
To achieve this when in Odin untick "AutoReboot" and flash TWRP.
When the the flash is finished power off your tablet : long press on Pwr button till it goes off.
Then reboot in recovery mode: volume up, home and power you should be in TWRP recovery.

Reactions: tclazier

tclazier

Oct 28, 2013
Hi,
When you flash TWRP with Odin you have to reboot immediately in recovery as if you reboot the systeme TWRP will be overwritten by the stock recovery.
When the the flash is finished power off your tablet : long press on Pwr button till it goes off.
Then reboot in recovery mode: volume up, home and power you should be in TWRP recovery.

Thank you very much! It worked! The device is now rooted. The twrp recovey mode though has the buttons mixed. You have to press the right button if you want the left one and so on. Best...

tclazier

Oct 28, 2013
Problem with s-pen

Hi,

Hello,
I am now have problems with s-pen. Is this connected to the root process? I can write with my hand but not with the s-pen. Do you have any idea what is happening?

Thanks

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Hello,
I am now have problems with s-pen. Is this connected to the root process? I can write with my hand but not with the s-pen. Do you have any idea what is happening?

Thanks

Frankly speaking I don't know but I don't see the connexion with the root.
Did you upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.2 ? If yes this could also be the reason ??

tclazier

Oct 28, 2013
S-pen solution for rooted phone with twrp.

Actually, I found that it does have to do with the root process. Twrp for some reason is not supporting s-pen input. It took me a while to find a solution and understand how to apply it. I first found it at a german forum with no instruction whatsoever. Anyway, here is what one should do:
- "Call" *#2663#
- Select WACOM FW Update (Kernel Binary)
- Wait for the update to finish and you are all set
- Be aware that even though you are not actually calling a phone number you must have a sim card inserted.

Reactions: Tilagoon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

Thanks

Hi,
    S-pen solution for rooted phone with twrp.

Actually, I found that it does have to do with the root process. Twrp for some reason is not supporting s-pen input. It took me a while to find a solution and understand how to apply it. I first found it at a german forum with no instruction whatsoever. Anyway, here is what one should do:
    - "Call" *#2663#
    - Select WACOM FW Update (Kernel Binary)
    - Wait for the update to finish and you are all set
    - Be aware that even though you are not actually calling a phone number you must have a sim card inserted.