[KERNEL][NEW][4/03] XENON Kernel v1.1 [1.5ghz][Voltage Scaling][ath6kl][Partitions]

Search This thread

tinnef

Jul 13, 2010
Rohan, good job for trying this, but be sensible about what' features you have. I mean, who cares that Oracle cluster file system (I had to google that) is supported. would advise to focus on things that are actually useful and forget about the rest.

Reactions: rootnik

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
Always glad to help someone learning and glad to see some kernels available for the touch pad. Keep em coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
Seems to be some unnecessary kernel bloat. Really need to get rid of ISDN and all of the extra partition/file system support. There is no need for it at all on the TouchPad.

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
What I/O schedulers are available? I generally use Performance or ondemand as far as governors, but as far as I/O schedulers in AOKP M4 its either noop, cfq, or deadline. In WebOS, I have even more options consisting of noop, deadline, cfq, bfq, vr, and sio. On my phone I also have anticipatory as well. On both my phone and in WebOS, SIO with on demand seems the snappiest. Just would like to know my options.

menting

Apr 15, 2011
What I/O schedulers are available? I generally use Performance or ondemand as far as governors, but as far as I/O schedulers in AOKP M4 its either noop, cfq, or deadline. In WebOS, I have even more options consisting of noop, deadline, cfq, bfq, vr, and sio. On my phone I also have anticipatory as well. On both my phone and in WebOS, SIO with on demand seems the snappiest. Just would like to know my options.

you can install and check it out yourself.
OP's link has an uninstaller which can remove his kernel and put back the CM9 kernel if you don't like it.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Anyway you can open up voltage settings to be adjusted by the user? I would love to yeah this to see how far it can go.

Sent from my rezound

I think there's a lot of extra framework that needs to go in in order for that to happen.
I could be totally off, but that's what I gathered from my impression of other phones' kernels.

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
I quite like this kernel. Unfortunately I can't keep it on my touchpad as I get a SOD everytime I leave my touchpad idle. =(

menting

Apr 15, 2011
i have a question and hoping someone might know.
This kernel is supposed to only go up to 1.5G right? How come mine has the option to go up to 1.78G?
I looked in the original CM9 code and 1.5G is only defined to be max in the speed bins acpu_freq_tbl_nom and acpu_freq_tbl_slow. 1.78G is defined in acpu_freq_tbl_fast.
From looking at the file acpuclock-8x60.c (if I'm even looking at the correct file at all :D), the speed bin table is basically determined on powerup, because it will look at an efuse state, which was blown in at the factory, to determine if it's a fast silicon or slow silicon.

Can anyone confirm or deny that guess? Thanks.

Last edited:

Bruce777

Jul 16, 2010
Just fyi for you folks; after flashing the latest official nightly my Wi-Fi won't turn on :-(

Tried several reboots, toggled airplane mode, toggled wifi tab (goes to on position for 5 seconds then automatically turns off).

Just rebooted a final time under cyanogenmod with the stock kernel and wifi had no issues.

When it did work this kernel was awesome!

Reactions: derausgewanderte
Just fyi for you folks; after flashing the latest official nightly my Wi-Fi won't turn on :-(

Tried several reboots, toggled airplane mode, toggled wifi tab (goes to on position for 5 seconds then automatically turns off).

Just rebooted a final time under cyanogenmod with the stock kernel and wifi had no issues.

When it did work this kernel was awesome!

Had same issue here. Thought it was just my tp. Went to stock and got wifi back. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

mkosem

Sep 26, 2007
Had same issue here. Thought it was just my tp. Went to stock and got wifi back. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Did you re flash the kernel afterwards? I assume this kernel replaces the stock modules with some that were built with it, and most likely needs to be flashed again after each rom flash.

--Matt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XENON Kernel

For ICS [any ROM]

Features:
    Code:
    *Overclocked CPU to 1.5ghz
    *SWAP Space Enabled
    *ath6kl WiFi driver from compat-wireless
    *Memory Compaction
    *Adaptive Voltage Scaling
    *Memory Management based on Device State
    *NWFPE Floating Point Emulation
    *Support for Extended Precision
    *Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Support
    *Watchdog Timer Corrective Services Support
    *Direct Memory Access (DMA) Support
    *Maintain devtmpfs filesystem to mount at /dev
    *Automount devtmpfs at /dev
    *Detect Soft Lockups
    *Detect Hung Tasks
    *Kernel Memory Leak Detector
    *Checks for Stalled CPUs
    *Sysctl Checks
    *Securityfs Filesystem Support
    *Reiserfs Filesystem Support
    *JFS Filesystem Support
    *XFS Filesystem Support
    *GFS2 Filesystem Support
    *OCFS2 Filesystem Support
    *Advanced Partition Selection
    *Acorn Partition Support
    *Cumana Partition Support
    *EESOX Partition Support
    *ICS Partition Support
    *Native Partition Support
    *PowerTec Partition Support
    *RISCiX Partition Support
    *Alpha OSF Partition Support
    *Macintosh Partition Map Support
    *PC BIOS (MSDOS Partition Tables) Support
    *BSD Disklabel (FreeBSD Partition Tables) Support
    *Minix Subpartition Support
    *Solaris (x86) Partition Table Support
    *Unixware Slices Support
    *Windows Logical Disk Manager (Dynamic Disk) Support
    *SGI Partition Support
    *Ultrix Partition Support
    *Sun Partition Tables Support
    *Karma Partition Support
    *EFI GUID Partition Support
    *SYSV68 Partition Table Support

The Xenon Kernel is a project for myself to learn more about Linux and Android Kernel developing. I am a sophmore in High School and I haven't had much developing experience, so this is a learning experience. If you want to use this Kernel, you can show your support by thanking me! Right now all I need is words of encouragement and a new phone (I still have an old Symbian S60v3 phone haha). The Touchpad is my first Android device. Also, this is my second work for the Touchpad, my first is the SUPREME Modpack. I hope to make this my primary development project and improve as much as I can. Thanks for checking this out!

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/rohan/tenderloin/XENON

There are 2 versions, one that retains the CM9 kernel as a backup, and one that deletes the CM9 kernel and only uses Xenon.
    Saves CM9: xenon-kernel-v1.1-tenderloin-rohan-WITHCM9.zip
    Deletes CM9: xenon-kernel-v1.1-tenderloin-rohan-WITHOUTCM9.zip

Current version is v1.1

Instructions:
    How to Install:

FIRST, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! This can cause serious harm to your system. I am not responsible for anything that may occur to your Touchpad, but everything should be fine.

1. Download the respective installer zip from the above link.
    2. Install the zip in ClockWorkMod.
    3. Wipe your dalvik-cache
    4. Reboot and hope for the best!
    IF YOU ARE HAVING SOD ISSUES try setting your CPU Governor to "ondemand"

How to Uninstall:
    1. Restore from your backup you were supposed to make

or... if you didn't listen (shame on you... you should always make a backup)

1. Download the XENON Uninstaller from my goo-inside.me profile. This zip deletes the Xenon Kernel and adds back the default CyanogenMod 9 Kernel. It will not, however, delete the ath6kl WiFi drivers (you really don't need to unless you are having WiFi woes). To uninstall the ath6kl drivers you need to reinstall Android.
    2. Install it in ClockWorkMod.
    3. Wipe your dalvik-cache
    4. Reboot!

Contact me via Twitter (preferred) here: http://twitter.com/rohanXm
    Or PM me

Credits:
    *jcsullins for originally getting me interested in kernel development, aiding me through the process in IRC, creating moboot, and helping out the CM9 team in this port
    *lintz (helped with getting the ath6kl drivers working and solving my ignorance :D)
    *The ENTIRE CM9 team (dalingrin, verygreen/green, Dees_Troy, Flemmard, and everyone else who has contributed to this port. It is truly an honor to witness what you guys have created.
    Thanks for sharing! Will give this go and provide feedback.
    I'm actually going to start from scratch right now
    I want something to help our aging touchpads. I want something that will be clean, fast, and smooth with the best battery possible. Alpha kernel is coming soon.
    Can you add gpu oc in next build please :D

That's definitely high on the new features list. I hope to have another release out soon with bug fixes and probably this if I can figure out how to do it.
    I'm actually going to start from scratch right now
    I want something to help our aging touchpads. I want something that will be clean, fast, and smooth with the best battery possible. Alpha kernel is coming soon.
    Good luck :)