Google Play store error: [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Search This thread

leaderbuilder

google play store error: [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

I've been getting this on a few devices for the past few days and have done LOADS of searching and tried numerous listed and suggested solutions to resolve this error. Including removing and re-adding google account, clearing cache and data on Google Play Services and Google Play store. Restoring a previous backup of the Playstore etc. but nothing has worked.

Seems I'm not alone. Here are some recent search results you can paruse if you feel like it.

Just this evening I logged into the Play Store via the Web on a PC and went to 'My Applicatins' in the Play Store and get an error there too!!

Supposedly Google is aware of this and is 'working on it' but since they are notorious hard to get any real information from I doubt we'll get an update until it 'just works'.

Though I'd put this out for others in the same boat.

leaderbuilder

Tried that too. Still getting error. Still can't update anything. Also tried diferent (including stock) kernels and doing all of the suggestions.
When I log into Playstore via web and click on 'My Android Apps' I get this "We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later." too still.
Did get some apps to install by just unistalling and using the web to 'push' them to the phone again. But others won't.
Pretty frustrating. But I guess I'll just keep pluging along.

tempw

Jan 28, 2011
same problem

Is there a Google tech support #? Lol

Team Rejectz

I spoke yesterday with the support of Google. They do not have any solution and what they said is just ridiculous "to wait until a solution" Currently website record that they support are aware of the problem and the middle of April they care but still no solution.
I suggest you just call and update them that the problem is common and much simpler device owners encounter this problem ... just massive advertising will probably have to address the problem. This simply indicates disrespect.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I spoke yesterday with the support of Google. They do not have any solution and what they said is just ridiculous "to wait until a solution" Currently website record that they support are aware of the problem and the middle of April they care but still no solution.
I suggest you just call and update them that the problem is common and much simpler device owners encounter this problem ... just massive advertising will probably have to address the problem. This simply indicates disrespect.

Or that they have no idea what the problem is and they are stalling as much as they can so they don't have to admit it (more likely scenario)

ahmoda

Feb 7, 2010
Okay I fixed now....

I switched off all of my devices.. Then I keep one only...

Go to system
Privacy
Unmark back up my data
Then make a factory reset..

After that the device will be opened again...
Put your email
Unmark restore my account in this device (in the first setup)

After setup is finished go to market.. Then you will find all your purchased apps and even your pending updates.

Try to retrieve one of your purchased app, and update one app

That is it.

Now open your other devices.. All well be fixed.

This is my experience.

Hope will work with you

Reactions: bilgerryan

leaderbuilder

Also thought I'd add this for other who have problems with PlayStore.
Though Google seems to have corrected the problem, it may come up in the future, or you may simply wish to download .apk(s) seperately.

You can use a Chrome extension to download the .apk then push it to your phone or copy it and install it.
There is a good page on how to do this here.

The one caveat I'd recommend if you use the extension it to use Google's two factor/step authentification, create an application specific password for just this extension, use the extension to grab your apk(s) then delete that app specific access. If you don't know how to do that there is always Google.. [I hate when I have to use my Google credentials anywhere and really don't trust any other sites or applications to be secure and completely non-nefarious; but that's me and my tinfoil hat].

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried the JB server reset?
    In Terminal:
    --------------------
    su
    drmserver&
    --------------------
    Reboot phone

Team Rejectz
    Everything is now working!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved!!!!!:highfive:
    Okay I fixed now....

I switched off all of my devices.. Then I keep one only...

Go to system
    Privacy
    Unmark back up my data
    Then make a factory reset..

After that the device will be opened again...
    Put your email
    Unmark restore my account in this device (in the first setup)

After setup is finished go to market.. Then you will find all your purchased apps and even your pending updates.

Try to retrieve one of your purchased app, and update one app

That is it.

Now open your other devices.. All well be fixed.

This is my experience.

Hope will work with you
    Playstore seems to be working for me too now.
    Works on phone AND the Web (desktop) interface for 'My Android Applications' is working too. :)