will FoxFi ever work on the VZW HTC One (M8) or have they stopped trying?

Search This thread

David 617

May 12, 2011
I'm only wondering about FoxFix, having paid for it on all 5 of my current smartphones. :(

Damn, it cost individually per phone?

(The way it looks FoxFi is not supported on Android 4.4+ There are we possible solutions I've seen, but I can't verify any of them.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

P7M8

Mar 24, 2011
I know this is an old thread but I need some info. I just got the M8 and it updated to 4.4.3 which I had found out before hand that FoxFi worked on that update. As soon as it finished updating to 4.4.3 it asked and I downloaded 4.4.4. I'm reluctant to install it until I find out it works. I've been without FoxFi too long since inadvertently upgrading a previous Motorola handset to 4.4.4. Just got it back with the M8 and don't want to lose it again.

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
I know this is an old thread but I need some info. I just got the M8 and it updated to 4.4.3 which I had found out before hand that FoxFi worked on that update. As soon as it finished updating to 4.4.3 it asked and I downloaded 4.4.4. I'm reluctant to install it until I find out it works. I've been without FoxFi too long since inadvertently upgrading a previous Motorola handset to 4.4.4. Just got it back with the M8 and don't want to lose it again.

Is your m8 rooted? If so enabling tethering is fairly easy.

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Not rooted. I haven't rooted in years. Hated having to keep up with all the latest ROMs. FoxFi kind of eliminated my major need to root.

I didn't root anything until the folks at Google decided to restrict writing to ext SD cards. But, if you do there's a lot of info on enabling tethering.