GSM Galaxy Nexus available in the USA direct from Google Play - $399 No Contract

Search This thread

splitfinity

Oct 24, 2010
What is the warranty on these, and can i get a damage plan on it?

Also, i cannot seem to find any threads on the battery life on the GSM nexus's, only thing i can find is on the sprint and verizon variations. ANy help?

Time to get rid of my OG galaxy S.

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
I'm giving my wife my T-Mobile GS2 and will be buying this Friday.

Going to be nice to be a part of the Nexus community!

axne1

Aug 20, 2010
Wisconsin
Congratulations on the price :beer:
I payed $99/ on Amazon for my wife's Gnex 2mo ago! Brand spanking new :). Its enough phone to last me awhile.

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

BlindWolf8

Nov 24, 2010
Cherry Hill, NJ
I see this phone is unlocked which means it'll work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, but are we talking 3G on AT&T and crap on T-Mobile, or great speeds on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T? My understanding is that you can't get the fastest speeds on both carriers due to radio conflicts. I'm on T-Mobile so I need to know. Thanks!

Apr 22, 2012
Wow, even with shipping it's cheaper than from amazon and comes with a warranty. I think my amazon phone might be going back.

Had I not dropped mine last night, it would also be going back in favor of one with a US warranty. :p

Oh well, them's the breaks.

BlindWolf8: It's penta-band HSDPA, so it works on T-Mobile and at&t both at high speed. I get 5-7Mbps downstream on both here in Tulsa, but T-Mobile's upload about double what I can get from at&t. I have at&t postpaid and a T-Mo prepaid SIM that I sometimes use.

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I see this phone is unlocked which means it'll work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, but are we talking 3G on AT&T and crap on T-Mobile, or great speeds on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T? My understanding is that you can't get the fastest speeds on both carriers due to radio conflicts. I'm on T-Mobile so I need to know. Thanks!

You will get full EDGE, 3G, and HSPA+ "4G" on either AT&T or T-Mobile with this phone. It supports every single GSM/UMTS frequency. Buy it, put it on whatever carrier you want.

Reactions: BlindWolf8

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal

Alil use of the search engine would've been very useful to you...but for what its worth, i do get H+ w/ my Tmobile $30/month plan. Since getting the IMM76I update and UGLC1 radio, i ave 4-12mbps dl.

Reactions: BlindWolf8

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
You can expect the price to drop on all phones.. the Galaxy Nexus is pretty mid-range old now.. plus the HTC One Series is out..then the GS3 is coming out. its only fair that the Galaxy Nexus was gonna get a price cut.. Same way Apple does with its iPhones.. every time a new iPhone comes out the last Gen becomes cheaper

im not regretting paying $600..

grim82

Apr 19, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Well I just ordered one and will be joining the party. My HTC G2 will be retired. Sure it's getting to be mid-range but it's looking like T-Mobile is going to charge $600 off contract for the One S and that's not worth it in my book.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Well I just ordered one and will be joining the party. My HTC G2 will be retired. Sure it's getting to be mid-range but it's looking like T-Mobile is going to charge $600 off contract for the One S and that's not worth it in my book.

I replaced my G2 with a Nexus S back in February, 2011 and I still miss that phone to this day. That G2 was one hell of a piece of hardware. Possibly the best phone I ever owned.

nathan118

Mar 4, 2010
So excited. Placed an order at Expansys yesterday, and called up and cancelled as soon as I saw this wonderful news!

Still don't understand how this is a "mid tier" phone, especially if you're on tmobile. Best screen available to Tmo customers. I don't care what benchmarks say about the One S if I'll never tell the difference. One S camera is probably better, but for me, vanilla android and updates far outweigh a slightly better camera.

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Dang, bought for $600 off of Negri about a month ago lol. At least their customer service is amazing though. The pain of contacting Google and switching out these Nexus's for problems w/ banding, coloring, etc. may make it almost worth it hahaha. Hope everyone gets some good units from these purchases!

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
I just placed my order on Amazon yesterday and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can I just return it unopen and ask for full refund?
Does Amazon have price match offer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine was just delivered.

Differences between Google version and Expansys verion (international):

The box is slightly smaller than the international one I got from Expansys. I have both phones right now, I bought this one as a spare. The box on this one also says Galaxy Nexus by Samsung, unlike the expansys one which omits "by samsung". The build on this one is takju (the one from expansys was yakju). Build number is IMM30D and it's 4.0.4. Wallet came pre-installed.

If anyone wants to know more about the differences, let me know.
    the phone doesnt even worth that much now....
    I really wish Google keeps up with this game. The US carriers have been ruling for too long. Time for someone to step in and change the game.
    You go Google!
    Yeah I just saw this bull****!! November paid $750 broke it paid $500 in march for a new one!! This just chaps my ass, guess they have to do something the S3 going to destroy everything on the market!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Doesn't work on Sprint or Verizon. Sucks!