Search This thread

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
This is EXACTLY the same as the Paranoid Android for GSM
Just for the CDMA variant

SORT OF CHANGE LOG:1ceb0x
(Straight from his thread)
Synced with latest CM9 by LLoir/Maxwen
Synced with latest PA sources for ICS (1.6)
Lockscreen now turns in landscape mode
Switched off the off screen animation
Fixed a little things in pad.prop
Cleaned up build.prop
Trebuchet is the default launcher now, not because it is better (it's not actually) (you can install anything you want)

CREDITS

I got paranoid android from 1ceb0x which was for GSM and help porting!
HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

The base for this rom is CM9, which I borrowed from JMZDONATE JMZ HERE (THANKS!!)
HERE:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1772897

Thanks to the people who MADE this possible:
Lloir(Donate to Lloir), Sandvold, JMZ, 1ceb0x, D4rKn3sSyS, molesarecoming

H3llstorm
Xenova
mikel.canovas(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22455870#post22455870) for GPS lock help)

Cyanogenmod for doing some obviously amazing work: Donate to Cyanogen

(Who I could not find Donate links for :( )
-----D4rKn3sSyS - Java Programmer
-----molesarecoming - Software Developer

Me for porting it, and finding a way to fix the false roaming (which is credited here: http://androidforums.com/desire-all...-cm9-ics-rom-false-roaming-indicator-fix.html)
If you like my work, click here to buy me a Monster :)

And to everyone who tried/tries this out!

paranoidxqkmy.png

Quote from 1ceb0x:

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.
For more information about PARANOIDANDROID please check this website
Features :
PAL, First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density - PAD. It basically allows you to scale apps, make them bigger or smaller. This is a must for tablet mode since it shrinks your apps considerably, making them useless. you can even scale widgets and framework components like the navigationbar.You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision.
All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell),Sense 4 Recent Apps too etc.

Flash at your own risk
Make A Backup
Wipe Data/Factory Reset In Recovery
Flash the ROM
Reboot to bootloader flash boot.img
Boot to system
The rom has already gapps installed. No need to install other package!
Put the eri.xml on your sdcard then use something like root explorer to move it to /data/
Reboot and enjoy!

This release includes Apex Launcher.

Working:
-Calling/Contacts
-Data
-Wifi
-SMS
-SD Mounting
-Sound
-Mic
-SMS
-Still Pictures
-Video Recording(720p crashes camera)
-GPS(takes anywhere between 30-100 seconds to lock =/ but locks faster after the first one.
-MMS
-Roaming Indicator
-Market
-Settings(About phone)(Thanks to 1ceb0x)

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I TEST THOSE
-Bluetooth doesn't work
-Notification LED flashes constantly while charging(Have not tested this either)
^^^ These should be fixed when CM9 gets the fixes ^^^

SOME THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE FROM THE GSM ROM THREAD:

Check it out, his art is much better then mine ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

If you want to have a stylish yet fully functional status bar - tablet like - go to Settings - Paranoid Settings - click on Configuration and select "Tablet Mode (Optimized)" - Reboot your phone

pasigjocp0uka3c.png

TUTORIAL
How to change DPI for individual app - Thanks to The Gingerbread Man

You will need;

1 A root level file explorer like root explorer
2 A little patience

To perform the changes

So you need to find out if the app you want to change the dpi level for is either a system or data app, to do this open your file manager and look in system/app or data/app. You need to then long press the app you want and press rename. Then copy the app name by long pressing the text and press copy, dont copy any .apk or -1 at the end of the name.

Then navigate to system folder and look for pad.prop. press the mount rw button then long press open in text editor. So now you need to remember where you found your chosen app, was it system or data? If system long press under then system header or if it was a data app look for the apps header. To paste your app name in the right place find a empty line, long press then paste. You need to add at the start of the line for your app pa.

Nearly there!

So next at the end you need to add .dd= and then your chosen dpi level.

So for example for apex, I have it as a system app and my line in pad.prop for apex looks like

pa.com.anddoes.launcher.dd=221

Then you need to press menu key, then save and exit. Restart your app and it should display how you want

Last edited:

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
DOWNLOAD HERE!
Paranoid Android ROM: DOWNLOAD ROM

Boot.img if you have problems: (POSSIBLY FIXES BLUETOOTH)http://androidfiles.org/uploads/index.php?dir=PrimoC/Kernels/ics OR (DOES NOT FIX BLUETOOTH) http://androidfiles.org/uploads/?dir=PrimoC/CM9 TRY THEM BOTH! :)

IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE FIRST THEN MAKE SURE YOU YOU FLASH THE ZIP IN RECOVERY FIRST THEN FLASH THE BOOT IMG IN BOOTLOADER

GAPPS! http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip(you shouldn't need... but might)

ALSO I suggest getting Google Now! :)))): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29756226&postcount=2856 Here ye are.

Pad.PROP
pad.prop
BACKUP YOURS BEFORE JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE MINE! :)

A personal Pad.Prop setup, that I enjoy the most, when the rom starts up again, goto apex settings turn the sections: margrin size to "None" for both vertical and horizontal, then set your grid to something like 4x4 or 5x4 for both aswell, (the orginal size I believe is 4x4 but I like 5x4, and also I have searchbar locked into the homescreen like on a tablet, I feel this gives ME the perfect mix of tablet/phone.

No need to fix roaming, I was able to write it into the rom.

Mirror as you must, but when you do, let me know in a PM and I'll post them in the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: shubhamchamaria

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
IF you still have problems with the dialer and all try changing all paranoid android settings to phone or phone stock, I MEAN ALL! :) And if that doesnt work:
, try downloading another dialer that isnt stock or Go

If you got it working then you can change the DPI settings around just im not sure which ones make the phone brink
Although I believe it is configure which you need to keep Phone(Stock) or tablet (stock)

Last edited:
Reactions: shubhamchamaria

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
IF you still have problems with the dialer and all try changing all paranoid android settings to phone or phone stock, I MEAN ALL! :) And if that doesnt work:
, try downloading another dialer that isnt stock or Go

If you got it working then you can change the DPI settings around just im not sure which ones make the phone brink
Although I believe it is configure which you need to keep Phone(Stock) or tablet (stock)

221 dpi for phone.apk if you want the app to not crash when receving a call! you can put that in the pad.prop of the build using the "how to change dpi for apps" tutorial :)

Reactions: salvy512

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
221 dpi for phone.apk if you want the app to not crash when receving a call! you can put that in the pad.prop of the build using the "how to change dpi for apps" tutorial :)

Thanks I have fixed it now! :)
I ran into something with the market though a lot of apps aren't showing up. I have reasobto believe its from the density though hopefully can be fixed by tomorrow

Last edited:

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
I am looking into that, I personally am so angry about that. also did either of you two see if market seemed more empty then usual?

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
also did either of you two see if market seemed more empty then usual?

yeah. it is a known PA issue if it is ported on CM9. I've talked with one of the PA's builders, molesarecoming, and he said that if you take the latest PA files and put them onto a JB rom, the market issue will disappear.

If you want to not have market problems, take my pad.prop from the latest build. The status bar is stock but with much smaller dpi and I'm having a lot of apps forced into tablet mode from the start. That's how you will not have issues with the market. If you want to have the status bar down, like a tablet, you will have to: either modify the framework-res dpi when in that mode, or the systemUI, though the framework makes problems to the market.

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
That would be nicer if you could put fm radio in the rom!

Possibly next update.

Yes, that's because the build.prop has this device as "One V", when it should be "HTC One V"

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I wish that was why :(

yeah. it is a known PA issue if it is ported on CM9. I've talked with one of the PA's builders, molesarecoming, and he said that if you take the latest PA files and put them onto a JB rom, the market issue will disappear.

If you want to not have market problems, take my pad.prop from the latest build. The status bar is stock but with much smaller dpi and I'm having a lot of apps forced into tablet mode from the start. That's how you will not have issues with the market. If you want to have the status bar down, like a tablet, you will have to: either modify the framework-res dpi when in that mode, or the systemUI, though the framework makes problems to the market.

Thanks, I'm working on it now! :)
Also If this is true, soon we will have 100% working PA because there is CM10 up and running, hopefully getting alot fixed by jmz I believe. maybe he will let me port PA with his CM10 as base once it is fixed..

Last edited:

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
BTW I fixed the market using your pad.prop like you said. and now all thats left is that settings crash(hopefully fixed tomorrow) ,bluetooth(when CM9 fixes it), and light while charging(when CM9 fixes it).

tcoygreen

Sep 16, 2010
Beaumont
sorry if i over looked but could someone show me the boot.img for this rom.

The phone boot the rom but it keep saying the process android.process.acore has stopped

Got it running Great Rom

Last edited:

Rollablunt420

Jan 1, 2011
Salisbury
superuser problem :(

When I try to change the format to stock UI in the paranoid settings it is saying that its not letting it grant super user permission change the outlook framework or any of the dpi settings. In other words root explorer won't work. I love it sure beats sense and the Rosie framework. :) please help me

salvy512

Dec 11, 2010
sorry if i over looked but could someone show me the boot.img for this rom.

The phone boot the rom but it keep saying the process android.process.acore has stopped

Got it running Great Rom

The boot img is in the rom, just pull it right out and use the one in the zip, if that doesn't work let me know and I will see about posting it up there, but it should be that one if not I would need JMZ to port his boot.img back up from cm9 before I could, I cannot find it on my computer right now but it might be in one of the older files I have.
also try a wipe of Data, Cache, and system. to make sure that that is not the problem :p

When I try to change the format to stock UI in the paranoid settings it is saying that its not letting it grant super user permission change the outlook framework or any of the dpi settings. In other words root explorer won't work. I love it sure beats sense and the Rosie framework. :) please help me

Try checking your Superuser app, to see if you accidently denied it or if the Superuser app needs updating. If that does not work, try downloading another superuser app from the market and try doing what you were trying to do at the time, the problem occurred. If that does not work please try PMing me with as much info about it that you can, possibly a logcat while you attempt to do what you are trying to do. I will look into it from there.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is EXACTLY the same as the Paranoid Android for GSM
    Just for the CDMA variant

SORT OF CHANGE LOG:1ceb0x
    (Straight from his thread)
    Synced with latest CM9 by LLoir/Maxwen
    Synced with latest PA sources for ICS (1.6)
    Lockscreen now turns in landscape mode
    Switched off the off screen animation
    Fixed a little things in pad.prop
    Cleaned up build.prop
    Trebuchet is the default launcher now, not because it is better (it's not actually) (you can install anything you want)

CREDITS

I got paranoid android from 1ceb0x which was for GSM and help porting!
    HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

The base for this rom is CM9, which I borrowed from JMZDONATE JMZ HERE (THANKS!!)
    HERE:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1772897

Thanks to the people who MADE this possible:
    Lloir(Donate to Lloir), Sandvold, JMZ, 1ceb0x, D4rKn3sSyS, molesarecoming

H3llstorm
    Xenova
    mikel.canovas(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22455870#post22455870) for GPS lock help)

Cyanogenmod for doing some obviously amazing work: Donate to Cyanogen

(Who I could not find Donate links for :( )
    -----D4rKn3sSyS - Java Programmer
    -----molesarecoming - Software Developer

Me for porting it, and finding a way to fix the false roaming (which is credited here: http://androidforums.com/desire-all...-cm9-ics-rom-false-roaming-indicator-fix.html)
    If you like my work, click here to buy me a Monster :)

And to everyone who tried/tries this out!

paranoidxqkmy.png

Quote from 1ceb0x:

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.
    For more information about PARANOIDANDROID please check this website
    Features :
    PAL, First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
    This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density - PAD. It basically allows you to scale apps, make them bigger or smaller. This is a must for tablet mode since it shrinks your apps considerably, making them useless. you can even scale widgets and framework components like the navigationbar.You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision.
    All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
    Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
    More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell),Sense 4 Recent Apps too etc.

Flash at your own risk
    Make A Backup
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset In Recovery
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot to bootloader flash boot.img
    Boot to system
    The rom has already gapps installed. No need to install other package!
    Put the eri.xml on your sdcard then use something like root explorer to move it to /data/
    Reboot and enjoy!

This release includes Apex Launcher.

Working:
    -Calling/Contacts
    -Data
    -Wifi
    -SMS
    -SD Mounting
    -Sound
    -Mic
    -SMS
    -Still Pictures
    -Video Recording(720p crashes camera)
    -GPS(takes anywhere between 30-100 seconds to lock =/ but locks faster after the first one.
    -MMS
    -Roaming Indicator
    -Market
    -Settings(About phone)(Thanks to 1ceb0x)

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I TEST THOSE
    -Bluetooth doesn't work
    -Notification LED flashes constantly while charging(Have not tested this either)
    ^^^ These should be fixed when CM9 gets the fixes ^^^

SOME THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE FROM THE GSM ROM THREAD:

Check it out, his art is much better then mine ;)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
    Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

If you want to have a stylish yet fully functional status bar - tablet like - go to Settings - Paranoid Settings - click on Configuration and select "Tablet Mode (Optimized)" - Reboot your phone

pasigjocp0uka3c.png

TUTORIAL
    How to change DPI for individual app - Thanks to The Gingerbread Man

You will need;

1 A root level file explorer like root explorer
    2 A little patience

To perform the changes

So you need to find out if the app you want to change the dpi level for is either a system or data app, to do this open your file manager and look in system/app or data/app. You need to then long press the app you want and press rename. Then copy the app name by long pressing the text and press copy, dont copy any .apk or -1 at the end of the name.

Then navigate to system folder and look for pad.prop. press the mount rw button then long press open in text editor. So now you need to remember where you found your chosen app, was it system or data? If system long press under then system header or if it was a data app look for the apps header. To paste your app name in the right place find a empty line, long press then paste. You need to add at the start of the line for your app pa.

Nearly there!

So next at the end you need to add .dd= and then your chosen dpi level.

So for example for apex, I have it as a system app and my line in pad.prop for apex looks like

pa.com.anddoes.launcher.dd=221

Then you need to press menu key, then save and exit. Restart your app and it should display how you want
    Dude, i was quoting Hstar. Nothing against you, mate.

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

lol, I knew :) I don't take offence by anything anyways :))) Completely impossible to offend me.
    UNLESS you insult my ability to stack random items on top of each other, then it's going down ;)
    How comes that this ROM is more built then the gsm version could you reply quickly because I want it to be up to this standard

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

Because the GSM maintainer of this rom has a personal life. it will be updated on monday.
    BTW I fixed the market using your pad.prop like you said. and now all thats left is that settings crash(hopefully fixed tomorrow) ,bluetooth(when CM9 fixes it), and light while charging(when CM9 fixes it).
    your settings is crashing when you press the "About Phone?" can you send me your build.prop in a PM?

maybe i can help you with a fix.

featured on the news portal of xda