[Q] CM10.1 My Atrix keep losing network signal (not data)

Search This thread

Kumidan

Feb 3, 2014
Rome
I installed the CM10.1 kernel 3.1 on my Atrix 4G, but it is giving me some trouble with the network.
I'm not talking about the data connection, I'm talking about the fact that I can't make a phone call and people can't call me.

The phone says "No Network" and the only chance to have it back is to restart the phone.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Kumidan

Feb 3, 2014
Rome
Is it seriously so hard to use search?
Thread reported.
No, it is not and I did, but I only find threads where people talk about losing of data connection, that's why I specified "no data" in the title.

If you have a link where is possible to read a solution I'll thank you, but I couldn't find any.

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
It's the same thing. There is no solution. You are running an ALPHA stage ROM which you should have known before flashing. If you didn't know that, then you did a crappy job at reading up before flashing.

Reactions: Feche

Kumidan

Feb 3, 2014
Rome
It's the same thing. There is no solution. You are running an ALPHA stage ROM which you should have known before flashing. If you didn't know that, then you did a crappy job at reading up before flashing.
Well, that's not exactly the same thing, I some time I also have data connection loss, but when that happen I'm still able to make and receive phone calls.
To get the data connection back, it is enough to put the phone in Aereo mode and back to normal, so it is not a big problem.

In addition I read about the ROM I was going to flash and on the official site (linuxmobile) I read:

Known to be working:
Calls
(so I expect that also network is ok)

Known bugs
MTP don't show files
HDMI
BT audio
Voice Dialer
Sound Recorder
Camera flas
(no bugs listed about network connection)

Features not supported
No fingerprint navigation or unlock
Wifi Direct
Gesture typing don't work...
Facelock
(no advice about network not supported)

So, as you can see, there are no advice about network connection loss and who reads that expect that connection loss will not happen.

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
Well, that's not exactly the same thing, I some time I also have data connection loss, but when that happen I'm still able to make and receive phone calls.
To get the data connection back, it is enough to put the phone in Aereo mode and back to normal, so it is not a big problem.

In addition I read about the ROM I was going to flash and on the official site (linuxmobile) I read:

Known to be working:
Calls
(so I expect that also network is ok)

Known bugs
MTP don't show files
HDMI
BT audio
Voice Dialer
Sound Recorder
Camera flas
(no bugs listed about network connection)

Features not supported
No fingerprint navigation or unlock
Wifi Direct
Gesture typing don't work...
Facelock
(no advice about network not supported)

So, as you can see, there are no advice about network connection loss and who reads that expect that connection loss will not happen.
True I guess. The working/not working lists are quite outdated though. Also, this ROM still uses the experimental kernel which is in alpha stage. This means what is labeled as "working" actually means "seems to work". It also means literally anything is possible, including something that is considered working to stop working all of a sudden. In short, this ROM was never meant to be a daily driver ROM.

Kumidan

Feb 3, 2014
Rome
Got it.
Well, I like this ROM and I want to go on using it, so I will follow the new releases.
I would also like to contribute to correct this and other bugs if possible.
Is there anything I can do to help? Maybe reporting logs about the connection loss? How?

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
Appreciated but there's not much you can do right now. This is a well known bug and it's being worked on. If you want you can follow the relevant threads in the Development section, every so often a new kernel build comes out which might fix this bug. But only try them out if you are confident enough in your technical knowledge, more specifically if you have sufficient technical background in doing basic adb/shell/recovery operations. Otherwise, if you feel you can't do this or you'd prefer a fully working ROM, you would probably be better of flashing a GB/CM7 ROM.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Got it.
Well, I like this ROM and I want to go on using it, so I will follow the new releases.
Is there anything I can do to help? Maybe reporting logs about the connection loss? How?

All future releases are kernel based. CM10.1 has reached the EOL as far as development goes. Please refer to the CM10.1, the CM9, and the kernel development thread for updates.

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Got it.

Now you can help by testing, go to cm10.1 and kernel threads, the ibfo on how to help is there

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Nice! If you can, fullfill the spreadsheet, so krystianp can squash that bug once and for all

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Kumidan

Feb 3, 2014
Rome
Should I reply to the official thread in this forum? Because at the moment I can't yet write there, the system says that I have not enough posts.

Top Liked Posts