[UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aloayzab88

Feb 2, 2011
Lima
Img size bug?

I think I found a bug? I cant open or see any img file like jpegs that have big dimessions in example 1200*800 or 680*500. I cant on the gallery or other 3rd party apps. Is there any limitation on the size of the img? I dont use to have this kind of problem on other roms. Is this related to the graphic banding problem? (for the ppp). Can some else confirm this? Thanks
Edit: Not working for img at 300 ppp or 150 ppp. I will try at 72 ppp

Last edited:

haleeben

Apr 22, 2011
Anyone getting random freezes/reboots when plugging in USB charger to PC?

Running Beta2 with Fanco Kernal clean install to begin.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm running Beta 2 with Franco3.0 Kernel, i don't get freezes/reboots when using USB, it says Connected as installer as default but if I try to connect as Media Device (MTP) I get Error: Unfortunately settings has stopped:(

gymfreak7855

Nov 30, 2011
Palmerston North
I think I found a bug? I cant open or see any img file like jpegs that have big dimessions in example 1200*800 or 680*500. I cant on the gallery or other 3rd party apps. Is there any limitation on the size of the img? I dont use to have this kind of problem on other roms. Is this related to the graphic banding problem? (for the ppp). Can some else confirm this? Thanks
Edit: Not working for img at 300 ppp or 150 ppp. I will try at 72 ppp

Interesting for jpgs it does this, png's are fine. Yes I believe we may have a bug :p Nice spotting

gontadu

Dec 27, 2010
Pretoria
Hi... I found this error on my phone's logcat for connecting to wifi... it happens when i'm turning it on... it does not show any network... this error exists with Beta2 ROM when using Stock and Franco v3 Kernel:

23:39:55.547 Error WifiStateMachine 1585 Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon

23:39:55.980 Error WifiConfigStore 1585 Error parsing configurationjava.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

could anyone help me with this error?!

You seem like the only one with Wifi problems. That error looks like some error with wifi firmware. All of us have followed your procedure ut dont bave that problem. Please ask on the general thread?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1455152

gontadu

Dec 27, 2010
Pretoria
Dear CM9 Devs Team,can male. the wifi.advance settings ,one separated and individualy frone an other one? like symbian settings?(and adding the proxy settings?)

This is not the CM9 devs team :) and also feature requests are a bit out of the blue. First priority goes to bug fixes unless your request is alsa bug fix.

Proxy is standard from honeycomb onwards. Just tap on Modify network for each network, scroll down and you will see proxy options. But any follow up replies, please put them in the general thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1455152 or pm me

pymebrahimi

Feb 28, 2011
Torino
You seem like the only one with Wifi problems. That error looks like some error with wifi firmware. All of us have followed your procedure ut dont bave that problem. Please ask on the general thread?

yes... very few people has this problem... but this problem exists and it is a bug! so i write it here for a developer to take a look at it.... i write it in General Thread also but i think it is the real place of my question...

haleeben

Apr 22, 2011
Beta 2, Franco3.0, min=480 max=710

I am having a problem with video playback, audio in the video is fine but picture is lagging. Other than that everything is running very smooth 3D games, apps, wifi, 3G. Nice work , thanks guys.:)

oh one other thing, when I tried to launch Portable Hotspot it didn't work and then I could not toggle WiFi or 3G on or off, had to reboot to fix.

Last edited:

sweetbinodray

Apr 18, 2009
kolkata
Guys who doesn't know about camera problem here we go.

Due to the change in ICS that requires moving the camera driver from libcamera to libhardware (like GPS and other devices for Gingerbread), a new driver has to be written.

The problem with this is that many data structures have changed. I couldn't get a single one to compile with the ICS SDK. There are many fundamental changes in the way memory is shared for preview/pictures/video, so that will need to be addressed. I have addressed picture only functionality in the skeleton driver, which will show how to transfer a picture back to the HAL.

ICS Camera Driver Overview

The driver seems to be very generic to most Qualcomm SoCs, so either approach should work for many other devices.

New Driver

See CameraHal_Module.cpp from the ICS source code to see what functions needs to be implemented. It needs to be placed in /system/lib/hw/camera.<target_name_in_build.prop>.so and have the struct "camera_module_t HAL_MODULE_INFO_SYM" inside the code, which the HAL looks for before loading. Once it is loaded, you must implement a few dozen functions to get it to work.

Old Driver

The old drivers primary interface with Android is through libcamera. This loads liboemcamera, which sends commands to the camera kernel driver and the Snapdragon DSP. Liboemcamera is a propriatary library with no documentation apart from the source for QualcommCameraHardware.cpp (which compiles to libcamera.so). The actual Linux kernel module is just a simple I2C bridge to control the camera, and provides no real interface.

Current code/skeleton driver available:

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Hi... I found this error on my phone's logcat for connecting to wifi... it happens when i'm turning it on... it does not show any network... this error exists with Beta2 ROM when using Stock and Franco v3 Kernel:

23:39:55.547 Error WifiStateMachine 1585 Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon

23:39:55.980 Error WifiConfigStore 1585 Error parsing configurationjava.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

could anyone help about this error?!

Is it right after boot, or does it occur after a few hours, after wake?
Please be more specific ;)

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

@sweetbinodray
Hope some do realize now how much work it is :D

Thanks for posting this ;)

L

LastStandingDroid

We should seriously respect the developers. And not begging for fix this or that. I know its hard to just doesn't. As your excited. I know how hard it is but we seriously got to do it. // XDA-Member

Sent From My TF101 TAB

lupohirp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Avellino

good yesterday i had so many problems.....every build that i compiled didn't work....no boot no recognize on computer same problem with a wrong boot.img....yesterday was really a bad day...now i've deleted all sources resynced again and now i'm going to recompile a test build to see if it works then i will try to add this to my sources :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT'S TIME TO BRING SOME ICY BISCUITS TO OUR BELOVED OPTIMUS ONE!!!!!!:D

This is cyanogenmod 9 compiled from source :)

What works:
    • Full HWAcceleration
    • Bluetooth
    • 3D(??????) TESTT ITTTT :))))
    • Sensors( tried accelerometer)
    • Electron Beam OFF
    • Audio
    • GPS(????)
    • GSM
    • JIT
    • Offline charging
    • Another thing that i forgot now :)
    • USB (mass storage switch doesn't work flash superuser to resolve it next release i will try to resolve it natively :))
    • TOUCHSCREEN!!!! big thanks to arjien that pointed me to that patch :)
    • Another thing that i don't remember now :p
    • Screenshots
    • Had the time to patch system to work with all recoveries (no more asserts problem)
    • Fixed data
    • Fixed wifi
    • Fixed hardware lights
    • FIxed brightness settings
    • Fixed google sync (but with gmail you can't see email for the same reason for the browser
    • Fixed market
    • Overclockabkle
    • Browser
    • Gmail
    • Can browser internet with opera
    • Fixed native usb (UMS still doesn't work anyway)
    • Another thing that i don't remember :p

What doesn't works:

• Camera
    • and other things :)

in other words a fully functionally rom!:D

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR DEVS AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR A DAILY USE!!!!!ROM WILL BE ONLY NEW BASEBAND 'CAUSE CYANOGENMOD SUPPORT IT NATIVELY!IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH F***G ASSERTS PROBLEM REINSTALL BUGGY CLOCKWORKMOD 5.0.2.7 VIA ROM MANAGER

HERE THE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?baf1hv6ebr813zz

Funny-sim version: http://www.mediafire.com/?r546oasa6vyksh0 (HIGH RISK!!! I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORK OR BOOT 'CAUSE I DON'T HAVE DATA PROBLEMS!!!TEST IT AND LET ME KNOW!!BASED ON GINGERBREAD CODE!!!)

TESTING KANG VERSION : http://www.mediafire.com/?dacmafj39csh7mj

Sources :http://github.com/lupohirp

CHANGELOG

BETA 2
    • BATTERY DRAIN FIXED
    • ADDED APEX LAUNCHER INSTEAD OF TREBUCHET 'CAUSE IS LIGHTER AND MORE SMOOTHER
    • LATEST CM SOURCES
    • DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE NAME BETATESTING IS BETA2

BETA3
    • FULL OPENGL RENDERING
    • MIC FIXED (TESTED WITH MY GIRL :D)
    • ENABLED GENLOCK SUPPORT IN KERNEL FOR CAMERA (?)
    • CPU SET ON BOOT FIXED (WAS MY FAULT)

BETA4
    • Fixed v8 virtual machine7
    • Fixed youtube
    • Fixed facebook sync
    • Camera partially working (we can take pictures but we have no preview)
    • improved stability (had no freezes anymore)

PLEASE STOP TO ASKING TO DEVELOP FOR NEXUS ONE!!!IF YOU WANT THAT I DEVELOP FOR THIS DONATE ME ONE!:)

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANKS TO MY DONATORS!!!!!

Hope that we bring stable cyanogenmod 9......and let me say something: ICS is beautiful!

THANKS TO:
    • Andy572
    • Arjen
    • Bytecode
    • Adfad666

Without them and their precious advices/sources this couldn't be possibile!

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK PLEASE DONATE ME A BEER :)
    Okay everybody, good news!
    Camera is working!!! We can take pictures soon :D
    Already send some info to Lupo.
    Cleaning up my code now so I can upload it to GitHub.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i did itttttt!!!!we have full opengl hardware acceleration guys!!!!!!!!i'm so happyy!!!!!!!realllyyyy!!!!!wowwwwww!!!!!!so happyyyy!!!
    sorry guys for offline i've been five days not at home and i'm returning...tomorrow i will resume the work!!!:)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
    ok building with latest cm sources + a fix for facebook sync + a fix for system partition to get more space....if all goes good i will release beta4 :) after that development will be stopped for 1-2 day but only for one reason: i want to make this official as i received an offer to make this official also to become cm-member :) and i need 1-2 days to rebase my work on official cm-sources (also use cm-kernel with genlock,kgsl and KSM(new memory feature of ICS))...i'm using totally cm code so....it is a gift that i want to give you for helpin me a lot with moeny problems guys....hope that i will can do this :)