Scosche Magic Mount car mount

Search This thread
I just wanted to throw it out there if you are looking for a good mount that is pretty universal with most cases and you can easily grab and go check out http://www.scosche.com/magicmount I haven't seen it around much. I came across it and thought it looked cool and perfect for me. I have the plate between my phone and Otterbox commuter and it works great. I previously was using the Ibolt device, but my only problem was it took two hands to get it in and out.

Shooshi

Apr 15, 2008
Just placed my order! I've had some bad experience with the imagnet which is the same concept but it never worked too well with bigger phones especially over speed bumps. Hopefully this one works better. Use the coupon code : "TECHHEAD" to get 20% off which almost covers the shipping cost! :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: zenmasta
Just placed my order! I've had some bad experience with the imagnet which is the same concept but it never worked too well with bigger phones especially over speed bumps. Hopefully this one works better. Use the coupon code : "TECHHEAD" to get 20% off which almost covers the shipping cost! :D

Well I haven't hit any speed bumps yet but so far so good I used the bigger plate it comes with for my phone. The package comes with two sizes.

Shooshi

Apr 15, 2008
I don't have the commuter anymore but from what I can remember the backside is pretty slippery so I'm glad it's working for you. I want to set this up with my neo hybrid case with the magnet between phone and case. We'll see how that goes... XD

I don't have the commuter anymore but from what I can remember the backside is pretty slippery so I'm glad it's working for you. I want to set this up with my neo hybrid case with the magnet between phone and case. We'll see how that goes... XD

Yeah its pretty slippery I went down some bumpy roads earlier and it slid off...I then put the plate between the rubber and plastic on my commuter and seems to be better now.

Epiclectic

May 20, 2011
Los Angeles
adhesive in the sun?

I just wanted to throw it out there if you are looking for a good mount that is pretty universal with most cases and you can easily grab and go check out http://www.scosche.com/magicmount I haven't seen it around much. I came across it and thought it looked cool and perfect for me. I have the plate between my phone and Otterbox commuter and it works great. I previously was using the Ibolt device, but my only problem was it took two hands to get it in and out.

Any issues with the adhesive losing grip over time in the sun? I'm in southern california, and my dash gets baked quite often. Damn, just realized that the location I want to mount this would make my windshield shade difficult to place.... hmmm...

Any issues with the adhesive losing grip over time in the sun? I'm in southern california, and my dash gets baked quite often. Damn, just realized that the location I want to mount this would make my windshield shade difficult to place.... hmmm...

No issues yet I actually just ordered another one for my other vehicle cause its been so good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

rixter55

Sep 28, 2014
Adhesive is NOT heat resistant enough!

I've bought 2 adhesive mount original Magic Mount systems for my car. The adhesive failed in the summer heat (here in Seattle) on both units. I had Scosche send me what they referred to as an "improved adhesive patch" which was supposed to solve the problem, and it too failed within a week. Great product other than it becomes unusable once the supplied adhesive patch fails. Grrrr. Will be getting some heat-resistant double sided tape and see if I can make that work. BTW, this product is available at Walmart for those not wishing to pay for shipping.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.