Phone wont let me select screen security locks after 4.4 upgrade

Search This thread

carzaddict

Mar 5, 2009
I just did the update to 4.4 by doing the Safestrap method that keeps root. Everything seems to be working fine with the acception of the screen locking.

When I go to the screen lock options, the default is Swype my only 2 selectable options are Pin or Password....when I select either of them....it reverts back to the Swype default.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

glomerulus

Jun 9, 2014
Tried but didn't work

Flash that in safestrap and you should be good, its a patch from the upgrade thread someone made for the lock screen issue
Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I had the same problem as mentioned above and I tried installing the NC5-patch1 multiple times using safestrap 3.72 but it doesn't work even though it says Successful at the install..
Anyone has any idea why this might be happening.. my phone is rooted and upgraded to 4.4.2

glomerulus

Jun 9, 2014
Whenever you see issues that is a first step. Use advanced wipe and only the cache and Dalvik. Anything else and you will need to reinstall or lose data.

Sent from my SCH-I545, KNOX Crippled Version.

So the sequence should be first wipe cache and Dalvik (in advance wipe) and then install the patch? Correct? Because I just did that and nothing happened.. still only one option for screen lock (Password) :(

Last edited: