[Request] One CLick Root for Thrive

Search This thread

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
I would be, but it is on the horizon, as there are still some kinks.

I was testing today with another member at thriveforums on how to go back to stock, and still needs some work.

Last edited:

omgitswes

Jun 17, 2010
this is what I'm waiting on as well. I don't have the patience to go through the other root method

omgitswes

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think we'll have a one-click anytime soon since we just got root.
Would be nice though :D

moe3754

Feb 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
but limited to a specific release of the rom? so its not working on all, although "one-click", a few more steps until you do the actual "one-click" :)

I do not understand what you mean?? the Hack kit is one click all you do is choose hack my inspire and it does everything including S off and super CID. It even puts the gold card in a folder so you do not even have to make one.Attn1 has made it so simple a moron could root a phone!!!! And it is not limited to anything no matter if it was a first release inspire last Febuary or a inspire purchased today it will root it!!!

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
this is what I'm waiting on as well. I don't have the patience to go through the other root method

Minus the download time, it takes about 3 minutes to root it, because all you do is push the the system file and recovery from fastboot via adb, the flash the update in recovery to enable superuser.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I do not understand what you mean?? the Hack kit is one click all you do is choose hack my inspire and it does everything including S off and super CID. It even puts the gold card in a folder so you do not even have to make one.Attn1 has made it so simple a moron could root a phone!!!! And it is not limited to anything no matter if it was a first release inspire last Febuary or a inspire purchased today it will root it!!!

Hey! Us morons have feelings too, you know :mad::)

The apple rooters over on their site just click a download and they are rooted.

guys, I do not think you understand something about one clicks. They use an exploit to gain temporary root. This allows everything required to be installed to allow root to be permanent. Currently, no exploit has been found to work on the Thrive. That being said, you have to install a boot image that gives you root access. Once this is done, you can add the additional files to gain fill root. So, at present, you will need two steps. One to flash a new boot image (and recovery if you want one to allow easier mods) and then installation of superuser update if there is on and busybox. The devs are working on a single flash to allow this to be automated, but you will still have to have adb working and run fastboot to get this to work. Hope this clears up some of your questions.

Reactions: BadBoy18

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
guys, I do not think you understand something about one clicks. They use an exploit to gain temporary root. This allows everything required to be installed to allow root to be permanent. Currently, no exploit has been found to work on the Thrive. That being said, you have to install a boot image that gives you root access. Once this is done, you can add the additional files to gain fill root. So, at present, you will need two steps. One to flash a new boot image (and recovery if you want one to allow easier mods) and then installation of superuser update if there is on and busybox. The devs are working on a single flash to allow this to be automated, but you will still have to have adb working and run fastboot to get this to work. Hope this clears up some of your questions.

And still, if you can work command prompt, and have adb set up via sdk folder, it still takes 3 minutes to push the files via fastboot, and apply the update zip in recovery.

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
I just installed the pre-root gingerbread update for the droid x2. I have a thrive. How hard is it going to be? (I run Linux Mint primarily)

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
I just installed the pre-root gingerbread update for the droid x2. I have a thrive. How hard is it going to be? (I run Linux Mint primarily)

If you mean for the thrive, you just need a adb set up, then flash the boot and recovery via fastboot and the update.zip in recovery.

virgo wattson

Jan 2, 2011
New York City
It would be great if it got to be as simple as attn1s HTC Inspire/DHD Hack Kit V11. that is truly a one click rooting.
i really hope and pray that this is soon accomplished, i think i speak for everyone in this thread when i say manually rooting can be a scary experience if your a noob or jus plain lack the skill, i mean who wants to play russian roulette with a device exceeding $500.00 in price anyway?

mcarver2000

Dec 28, 2010
Thankfully for us, there were quite enough brave folks that were willing to do just that, else we wouldn't have gotten this close......

But, I am with you and am sitting back and awaiting an more bullet-proof method of rooting.

i really hope and pray that this is soon accomplished, i think i speak for everyone in this thread when i say manually rooting can be a scary experience if your a noob or jus plain lack the skill, i mean who wants to play russian roulette with a device exceeding $500.00 in price anyway?

Natolx

Sep 1, 2010
The only way to get a one-click root is to abuse an exploit. Finding an exploit is not something that happens quickly if at all and it wouldn't be an exploit that is Thrive specific, just specific to whatever version of Honeycomb.

I actually wouldn't expect any exploits to be found until Ice Cream Sandwich comes out and unites all the android platforms. More people = more chance to find an exploit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Paul, I appreciate your trying to help me. But you don't seem to get my point. What you just gave me were a couple of fragments to the Thrive rooting puzzle. You left out all the steps and links to the remaining required files and USB drivers - that must be hand edited -to get ADB/Fastboot working on my Windows computer. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't I need to do this before I can even attempt the pieces of the puzzle that you pointed me to?

I really don't care about a 1 click root right now. I just want to know how to root my Thrive without seaching through all the forums to find all the fragments, and hoping I didn't get any outdated files or information in the process.

You told me to ask someone. We'll I've seen people over at thriveforums ask for a procedure. And they get the same response. Usually a link to another fragment of the rooting puzzle.

Paul, I appreciate the links you gave me. But do you have the missing links that help me get adb & fastboot & usb & bootunlocker image & update.zip or whatever else I need to make the links you gave me work? :)

EDIT: :eek: I see a DOS batch file is in the works! I may want to give that a try.

If you can wait it out, I do have a DOS batch file completed. I can add in instructions for loading the ADB drivers. I will then need it to be tried out by someone like you that does not have the drivers loaded. You want to volunteer to help out? If you do, go the ThriveForums anbd PM me. I will contact you with my Email.
    So the Thrive is now Rooted. How long we get a One Click Root for us less daring ppl?

p.s. Thanks to everyone to helped accomplish root! :D
    The apple rooters over on their site just click a download and they are rooted.

Ther is not one yet. I am going to start looking into it. YOu can go to ThriveForums.org and get steps for rooting.
    "Go to ThriveForums. . .for rooting?" That's a joke. When I go over to thriveforums, it would appear that the steps for rooting the Thrive are a well kept secret. The procedure is scattered all over the place. Just like the required files. And what's new and what's outdated material? How are idiots like me supposed to follow that kind of a procedure? People say they're rooted, but nobody wants to say how they did it. Would it take that long to write it down?

Sorry, just a little frustrated right now. But I appreciate you and everything you have done to help people like me. :)