how to USB Tether on Focus S?

Search This thread

jbedoya

Jun 15, 2008
My Focus broke, so the insurance replace it with a Focus S, that was great. ATT is my carrier

Now, I have been trying to get the USB Tether working, but is not working. I already get the Diagnosis application and did the code to swithch the USB to "Modem, Tethered Call" and it reboot.

However, after rebooting, the computer did not recognize any new device, a bit acward, as I would expect Windows record this as a new device, not under the same registry of my broken Focus. Anyway, under Devices and Printers I see the Samsung i937 as unspecified device, and under its properties I notice there:
- Samsung Mobile Modem - Type: Modems
- Samsung Mobile Modem Diagnosis Serial Port (WDM) (COM4) - Type: Ports (COM & LPT)
- Samsung USB Composite Device - Type: Universal Serial Bus controllers

on the connection that is created (since my older Focus), I force to use the Samsung modem. but 2 seconds after click, it shows ERROR 628.

have anyone suceed? is there any new drivers?

wspaw

Apr 17, 2008
Austin
Wireless ICS works...

Have you tried this? It works on my Focus S.

I've not yet heard of anyone using ICS via usb with the Focus S.

jbedoya

Jun 15, 2008
I have not yet try the process you suggest. I would try soon. I just order my Unlock code form cellunlocker, When I receive and apply i will try.

Thanks.

armodons

Mar 10, 2012
LG G8
Hey jbedoya,

USB Tethering on the Focus S works - just follow instructions in this thread.

Sounds like the main thing you are missing are the Samsung USB Drivers. There's a link for this on the second page of the thread here.

This post details the setup of your phone as the modem.

Good luck. Working for me ;)

Reactions: jbedoya

jbedoya

Jun 15, 2008
Hey jbedoya,

Sounds like the main thing you are missing are the Samsung USB Drivers. There's a link for this on the second page of the thread here.

THANKS VERY MUCH

I was not aware of the step insite the Advance TAB. now is working.

armodons

Mar 10, 2012
LG G8
Glad this is working for you.

I am using Diagnostic ver .0923. Are you also on this version? I ask because of the updated version of this app currently available for the Focus S...

jbedoya

Jun 15, 2008
Glad this is working for you.

I am using Diagnostic ver .0923. Are you also on this version? I ask because of the updated version of this app currently available for the Focus S...

I had the updated version, and the keys were different. so I factory default my phone, to get back the .0923 in order to use your suggestion.

I have not updated to the next version yet, just avoiding any future inconvenience with the keys within the new version.

armodons

Mar 10, 2012
LG G8
Actually, just uninstalling the updated Diagnosis app from the app menu and typing ##634## in the dial pad to reinstall will give you the non-updated v0.923 version of the app :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey jbedoya,