Played with the One!

Search This thread

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. uploadfromtaptalk1361655286943.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361655298973.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. View attachment 1755308View attachment 1755309

Very cool :D

Any comparisons? How did it feel in hard versus an Iphone?

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

Reactions: Jonathan_A

JOSE89178

Jul 12, 2012
Nevada
I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

Dang! I hate you! JK Where were you able to try it out?

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. View attachment 1755308View attachment 1755309

You make me sick......

With jealousy ! !

She looks dam good can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the info and pics.

ErikWithNoC

Jan 9, 2011
Maine
Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome :D

Chillz88

Mar 23, 2011
Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwZ_egj1w0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check this video out.. They show you the mesaging and phone app in this..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
Cool. Does the speakers sound clearer? Like omg this is better than the s3 and one x etc... lol

Does it get hot?

Battery life on att hspa+?

Jw cause im on att and i already preordered it through negri

dragzer223

Mar 24, 2011
Bay Area
Man the UI looks beautiful...I definitely can't wait as well.
Once it turns March we will be counting down the days haha.

inseconds99

Nov 12, 2012
Long Island
www.mobilewars.net

What do you mean an icloud restore?

Rage1ofakind

Take it this way, HTC's Sense 5 uses Google's framework to the CORE! More than anyone else. Every app and option is tailored with Androids latest and greatest. They're using Google's guideline to the DOT. From the side scrolling to the blue (as you mentioned), new dialer, flushed flat design on both the icons and UI.

I used it on the day they announced it as I'm with HTC Elevate. And all I can say is the device is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, it made the HTC One X look bad when we compared them side by side. Sense 5 is practically designed for this sexy beast.

What do you mean an icloud restore?

You can get all your backups from Apples iTunes synced with the HTC One, using the new HTC Sync manager that will be available later on :)

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
How does it compare to the optimus g in terms of feel and overall?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

plastikuss

Dec 10, 2008
Curitiba
Browser performance

Hi, did you feel an improvement in the Internet browser with the 2 gb instead of the 1 gb? I mean, is there less tab reloading every time you switch from some app to the browser?

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland
Excellent, it's nice to see HTC has a cure for people suffering from that horrible disease called iTunes.

While I like what HTC has done with the itunes backup thing, since im going from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One, Im still going to use iTunes. Its the only thing I like about Apple. It has an elegant interface and its fast on my PC. I still see myself using it over anything else because its great. If you could show me another music manager that is as aesthetically appealing as itunes by all means show me. :p Only problem i see is syncing my music on to my HTC One. I'm not a fan of cloud storage music since i have 21 gigabytes of music and that wont be very nice with a 2 gigabyte data plan since i listen to music everyday for at the least 3 hours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. uploadfromtaptalk1361655286943.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361655298973.jpg

A certain retailer where the Best people Buy electronics will be taking pre orders on the att and sprint versions on that same date mentioned above ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    uploadfromtaptalk1362770885297.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362770903954.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362770932306.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    While I like what HTC has done with the itunes backup thing, since im going from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One, Im still going to use iTunes. Its the only thing I like about Apple. It has an elegant interface and its fast on my PC. I still see myself using it over anything else because its great. If you could show me another music manager that is as aesthetically appealing as itunes by all means show me. :p Only problem i see is syncing my music on to my HTC One. I'm not a fan of cloud storage music since i have 21 gigabytes of music and that wont be very nice with a 2 gigabyte data plan since i listen to music everyday for at the least 3 hours.

To each their own, I always hated that craptastic piece of Malware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwZ_egj1w0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check this video out.. They show you the mesaging and phone app in this..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!