[APP][4.1+][FREE] Shou.TV - Live Stream (Broadcast) Your Android Screen

Search This thread

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Shou.TV is a free screen recorder, can even broadcast the screen to https://shou.tv

No ads!

Android 5.0 Lollipop no root screen recording!

Android 4.x Jelly bean ROOT screen recording!

FREE at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.shou.android

Direct APK link at https://shou.tv/d/Shou.apk

Compared to other screen recorders:

1. Free
2. Unlimited time and size
3. No ads
4. No watermark
5. Stable system API and hardware accelerated rendering and encoding
6. Android Lollipop 5.0 support no root screen recording

The AirPlay screen mirror demo

Last edited:

AppReviewBros

Feb 27, 2012
Whoa! This is amazing!
Believe it or not, today I was searching for best ways to record the screen directly yet I didn't find anything!
Now, I come home and see this!

This is what I call law of attraction!

EDIT: I just tried running the app on my Nexus 4!
It definitely works and the video quality is great, however, it does not work when the audio source is set to internal (It says the recorder cannot start).
Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing the app with the XDA community!

P.S. What's the link to Google Play store? I might as well purchase it.

Last edited:
Reactions: devconw and vecio

kriki200

Feb 20, 2013
Ljubljana
Every time I try to start recording I get an error message (screen shots work fine).
screenshot2013-10-09-20-.png

Reactions: vecio

MockingJay

Jul 20, 2011
Great App. This really well done. Very smooth transitions through screen slides with no pickup on any lag or slowness. Although Playback of the captured video will not play the internal sound of the clip. Moto X

Sent from my Moto X.

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Whoa! This is amazing!
Believe it or not, today I was searching for best ways to record the screen directly yet I didn't find anything!

It definitely works and the video quality is great, however, it does not work when the audio source is set to internal (It says the recorder cannot start).

Thanks!

This Internal source require high efficient audio encoders, so most devices won’t support it, I'm trying to fix it by adding new audio encoders.

Note: The Stereo Channels is needed if you choose Internal audio source. Just change Shou's settings to use stereo sound, then try again.

If you could provide some logcat output, will be great to help locate the exact problem.

I've write FAQ at https://shou.tv/pages/faq

The Google Play is not ready yet, thanks!!!:D

Last edited:

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Great App. This really well done. Very smooth transitions through screen slides with no pickup on any lag or slowness. Although Playback of the captured video will not play the internal sound of the clip. Moto X

Sent from my Moto X.

Thanks!

1. Have you changed Shou's settings?

2. You must choose audio source as MIC or Internal to enable audio recording. The Internal source also requires you to enable stereo in most devices, just try it.

Thanks for trying! Please keep me updated.

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Very nice screen recorder but I'm more interested to the mirroring feature. Any plan when it will be available for testing?
Is it possible to mirror screen to a dlna compatible TV?

The mirroring can work with about 2 seconds latency and very unstable right now, so I'm trying to make it better, may take about one week to make it for testing.

The DLNA will be supported too, you can even view the screen with any video player.

Also, could you provide some information to help improve Shou?

1. What's your device and Android version?
2. Have you tried to change Shou's settings to test different features? e.g. Output format, Audio source, etc.

Really thanks!

MasterScat

Dec 17, 2010
The mirroring can work with about 2 seconds latency and very unstable right now, so I'm trying to make it better, may take about one week to make it for testing.

The DLNA will be supported too, you can even view the screen with any video player.

Also, could you provide some information to help improve Shou?

1. What's your device and Android version?
2. Have you tried to change Shou's settings to test different features? e.g. Output format, Audio source, etc.

Really thanks!

I'm running it on an LG Optimus G (LS970 on Sprint) running PAC-man. App works flawlessly. I've changed all video settings and haven't noticed much change in how the app runs and records. I haven't tried audio yet, but so far it's amazing.

Johneedoe

Jun 1, 2010
Just tried with my Razr M default settings running Paranoid Android and it's working so far. I'll post back after I use it some more.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

ralphwiggum1

Feb 3, 2009
This is my first thread at XDA, to show you my first app "Shou Screen Recorder". ROOT required!

I still published a paid app at Google Play, you can buy it if you guys want to keep Shou growing more quickly.
Join the Google+ Community to opt in testers to buy from Google Play https://plus.google.com/communities/116107186022971210893

The paid version is exactly the same as the free version posted here.

Very impressed as a first app. Highly polished and working as advertised. I purchased since in looking more forward to the mirroring. I'm hoping it can incorporate Airplay audio streaming and maybe even Miracast streaming of audio only and not do any video encoding on device, particularly if this can save CPU and/or increase the audio quality and reliability.

Now, for the recording, it worked great with default settings but would not start after attempting to change audio quality.

I'm on Nexus 4, official CM 10.2 nightly (10/09/13).

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Very impressed as a first app. Highly polished and working as advertised. I purchased since in looking more forward to the mirroring. I'm hoping it can incorporate Airplay audio streaming and maybe even Miracast streaming of audio only and not do any video encoding on device, particularly if this can save CPU and/or increase the audio quality and reliability.

Now, for the recording, it worked great with default settings but would not start after attempting to change audio quality.

I'm on Nexus 4, official CM 10.2 nightly (10/09/13).

Wow, thanks! The first order!

The audio only recording and streaming will be implemented in the future.

Which audio settings you changed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shou.TV is a free screen recorder, can even broadcast the screen to https://shou.tv

No ads!

Android 5.0 Lollipop no root screen recording!

Android 4.x Jelly bean ROOT screen recording!

FREE at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.shou.android

Direct APK link at https://shou.tv/d/Shou.apk

Compared to other screen recorders:

1. Free
    2. Unlimited time and size
    3. No ads
    4. No watermark
    5. Stable system API and hardware accelerated rendering and encoding
    6. Android Lollipop 5.0 support no root screen recording

The AirPlay screen mirror demo

Could you please try the updated v0.0.4? Thanks in advance.

It works now perfectly ! :)

thanks for fixing the issue, will use the app some time for a tutorial video!
    Whoa! This is amazing!

Hardware encoding seems to invert the colors (or at least black and white) on my Xperia V..

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
    Very nice screen recorder but I'm more interested to the mirroring feature. Any plan when it will be available for testing?
    Is it possible to mirror screen to a dlna compatible TV?