Weather to buy or not to buy xperia z2?

Search This thread

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Well....I've had a 'hands on' with both the M8 and Z2 today....and on balance first impressions...... I prefer the M8. I'm not ready to completely rule out the Z2 just yet....my decision will depend (in the main) on unofficial development, and it's still early days for both devices ATM....

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2

Reactions: teck_keeda

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Well....I've had a 'hands on' with both the M8 and Z2 today....and on balance first impressions...... I prefer the M8. I'm not ready to completely rule out the Z2 just yet....my decision will depend (in the main) on unofficial development, and it's still early days for both devices ATM....

M8 has tons of dev sir.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: keithross39

Fenix

May 11, 2005
So im asking this question to all those people who buy xperia z2.

So how is the overall performance of the phone and what is your suggestions whether to buy or not to buy this phone?

As your suggestions will be great for those who want to buy this phone......
Please provide a true sugesstion apart from brand loyalty and other things.

Thank you

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I love the build quality, looks... It works just fine, had some problems with a.2.55 software but flashed a.2.69 and now it seems flawless. Had G2 before that, Z2 seems bit faster but it is hard to tell since G2 is also fas as hell... So far I love it...

teck_keeda

Nov 3, 2013
Z2 launched in India just a few days ago. The box contain life band the old headset and the cell phone and nothing else.

But in the rest of the world they are giving away the life band, the new noise cancellation headphones and magnetic dock....
All for the same price.

I think they are cheating with the Indian customers also the camera got froce close due to high temprature every time tries to shot a snap it says temperature is too high so camera closed very annoying.

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Z2 launched in India just a few days ago. The box contain life band the old headset and the cell phone and nothing else.

But in the rest of the world they are giving away the life band, the new noise cancellation headphones and magnetic dock....
All for the same price.

I think they are cheating with the Indian customers also the camera got froce close due to high temprature every time tries to shot a snap it says temperature is too high so camera closed very annoying.

Dont joke around, in uk you get nc headphones and thats it, and i think its same in all europe, as far as i know smartband is worth more than nc headphones and i would trade any day..And if your camera overheats when not even using 4k, exchange it, its obviously defective unit.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ve got xperia sp and on a flat surface the touch don't work and in rewiew of xperia z2 i have sombody told that that's why im confirming from you about that problem.
    Any other problem and any thing good please post
    one more thing is there any brightness isuue the brightness is low or somthing and how is battery life?

Brightness has been pretty good; I set it on auto adjust and I haven't noticed any problems. When I manually adjusted it to the max for testing purpose and it's too bright for me. Battery wise, it's been holding up really good though "deep sleep" seems a bit low to my liking. However, it can easily last you a day or two depending on usage. I haven't really resorted to "stamina" mode yet, it hasn't been a need for me so far. All in all, I've had phones like the iphone 4, the Galaxy Nexus, the nexus 4, the HTC One, and now the Z2. The Z2 is easily the best all around phone.
    This thred is to discuss the problems related to all faults in new xperia z2
    Actully i owned a xperia sp which has many problems like
    1 Ram managment
    2 Touch issue
    3 Not so good camera.
    I have bought this phone on the 1st day of its launch and faced this problem since.

So this forum is to help those people who wanted to buy the xperia z2 but there are some problems in it. Like
    1 speaker problem
    2 camera quality
    3 faulty manufacturing

So are these problems are only in few units or all z2 facing such problem.

So please share your experience so that other might get help to buy or to reject the xperia z2

Dear 1 speaker problem because the waterproof function cover the sound
    2 Camera Quality this Z2 better than those previous device like Z ultra /sp/c/E
    3 faulty manufacturing -Yes this problem still not solve yet. Restart by own. force close. battery drain........(The device not Root)

My opinion for sharing. thanks:cyclops:
    After may, if lucky u will see lg g3 also..

I think sony is holding too back....

Kapil :cool:

I don't know......LG has never *seemed* to have the premium brand status that Sony and HTC have got.....maybe that's down to individual perception, but for me, LG has never been included in my shortlists........

So tired of reading all the whining about little things or 0.00001% quality issues. Dont wanna buy this phone? THEN DONT, stop whining and leave the forum, thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    For me, the biggest issue I'm having with the phone is the camera. Yes the image quality is vastly improve from the Z especially in low lighting situations but the flipping camera struggles to focus properly. It only ever seems to focus well on things central to the scene but there's a lot of blurr once you move outside that central radius. The z had the same problem to begin with so I can only hope a software update addresses this. If not, the camera will be a let down. It's got such potential because where it focuses the quality and detail preservation is fantastic but all that's spoilt by all that blur.
    The s5's focusing capabilities are excellent which is why that camera may win over the z2 's if this focusing issue isn't addressed by Sony and quickly. It just spoils a lot of the pictures I take.

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app