[AOKP][KITKAT][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP For Canvas HD A116 [WIFI]

Search This thread

shivambajaj

Jun 6, 2013
Dude...chill man...concentrate on ur exams...we can wait until ur done with ur exams...

Best of luck
Thanks again :)

Sent from my H120 using xda premium

Dr-Shadow

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2013
NANTES
I have the same problem for NVRAM (this is a permission problem) but wifi is working so... Idk what you are facing

It displays NVRAM error on wifi networks in one line and then the wifi networks on next lines

I have the same problem for NVRAM (this is a permission problem) but wifi is working so... Idk what you are facing

It displays NVRAM error on wifi networks in one line and then the wifi networks on next lines

Sir I am not an expert in reading logcats but from what I understood is the wifi modules are loading. But because of the no permission errors, it cannot initialize. Also it cannot detect any of the networks in my case
Here's my log
http://pastebin.com/ubMiXJNf

Last edited:

Dr-Shadow

Sep 15, 2013
NANTES
Sir I am not an expert in reading logcats but from what I understood is the wifi modules are loading. But because of the no permission errors, it cannot initialize. Also it cannot detect any of the networks in my case
Here's my log

And this ?

[ 01-01 00:05:40.779 1674: 1674 I/wpa_supplicant ]
/system/bin/wpa_supplicant: invalid option -- I

I tell you once again, this is not related to nvram but to wifi services, you should be able to ignore nvram error

kashifmin

Oct 25, 2012
Mangalore
tip2tricks.com
And this ?

[ 01-01 00:05:40.779 1674: 1674 I/wpa_supplicant ]
/system/bin/wpa_supplicant: invalid option -- I

I tell you once again, this is not related to nvram but to wifi services, you should be able to ignore nvram error

Here's my log

WiFi can be made to work by changing some blobs, I really don't remember what are those. It works but I get same nvram warning on wifi networks.
@Dr-Shadow Is IMEI showing in your omnirom? What about RIL? There is no such nvram error on CM11 so I hope it will be resolved soon. @blackbeard Good luck for your exams, see you soon.

Reactions: srinath2912

Dr-Shadow

Sep 15, 2013
NANTES
WiFi can be made to work by changing some blobs, I really don't remember what are those. It works but I get same nvram warning on wifi networks.
@Dr-Shadow Is IMEI showing in your omnirom? What about RIL? There is no such nvram error on CM11 so I hope it will be resolved soon. @blackbeard Good luck for your exams, see you soon.

As I told the wpa_supplicant should be the compiled one and not the blob.

For RIL, I didn't work on this yet

Andy1911

Mar 1, 2014
Pune
its same as cm 11 with more or less features integrated in it..... you can google them.... may be he will use the same device tree of cm11...(MAY BE) !

Regards,
Andy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [AOKP][KITKAT][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP For Canvas HD A116 [DOWNLOAD LINK], a ROM for the Micromax A116

Progress: 1. ROM Boots
    2. Storage works
    3. Wifi works (temporary fix, download from attachment)

ROM Video:::

Download link: http://goo.gl/QcxRUP

Wifi fix: Download

Contributors
    blackbeard, kashifmin, Everyone working on MTK OpenSource (xplodwild, Dr-Shadow, chrmhoffmann etc etc)
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-03
    Last Updated 2014-05-03
    WIFI FIX

PROGRESS 3:
    WIFI WORKS (temp fix)

Download and flash the attachment via cwm (just flash, no wipe)
    Screenshots

Here are the screenshots :)
    Guys, here's the deal

Currently, the ROM's booting up and detecting the storage, USB debug, viewing gallery and that's it. We tried our best to solve the issue of network and WiFi. The problem is that due to some reasons, the NVRAM partition (which is responsible for containing the baseband in MTK phones) is getting corrupted. As a result, we are getting the logcat as

Code:
    [ 05-04 13:21:47.555   144:  232 D/NVRAM    ]
    Create the file of /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/FILE_VER 

Create the dir path of /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/FILE_VER

mkdir error! Permission denied

Fail to open /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/FILE_VER

GenerateFileVer Fail!

ResetFileToDefault Failed
    for the WiFi. Similar is generated for network and others. So its evident that we have a corrupt NVRAM
    We tried methods like not wiping the data partition, using different recoveries, checking the updater-scripts, restoring the NVRAM using MTK-Droid Tools, echo to /dev/pttycmd1 but none of them works. So we are stuck on a hard rock

Here, we means myself and @kashifmin. We both are facing the same issue in AOKP and PAC ROM respectively. Its obvious that we are asking senior devs like @Dr-Shadow and @chrmhoffmann and will get the issues solved ASAP

Now the reality:
    I am currently in the 8th semester of my B.E.(Computer) and having my exams from 13th. So seriously cannot provide time for this stuff. After I finish my exams on 26th and the project submission in a week after that, I will be back and contribute as much as possible, my promise

Till then, please co-operate to the other devs and help them fix the bugs so that we have a stable AOSP ROM for all our beloved MTK phones.

Bye for now :crying::crying:
    Thanks. M trying to make wifi and network asap
    Cam is a very very long way to go

Edit: Download link updated

Gud work bro....even if WIFI NETWORK n CAM starts working v can use it for daily use :D
    i dont mind living without BT ;)
    +1 :good:
    @op completely agree, without drivers its very difficult to make things work!!
    I lived without cam, proper bt, hw composer for near about an year n that too without changing to another ROM..cz there were no drivers available for a working cm9 and thus the devs remaked the drivers from scratch!
    I hope here we don't have to work from scratch! Good luck bro, hats off to the hardwork.