[EMULATOR] CPSEmu 1.4 : CPS2 emulator for android

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android.
If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
- CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
- Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
=============
- This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Capcom Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. CPS2 games software sold separately. "Capcom" is a registered trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd. All individual games screen shots or audio that are simulated by CPSEmu software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used for the purpose of informing the customer of the software's functionality.

Changelog:
=======
  • 1.4:
    • Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
    • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
  • 1.3:
    • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences
    • Fix a crash on Android 2.1 when launching a rom
    • Fix a crash with dialogs when screen orientation changes
    • Improve previews downloader
    • Some bug fix
  • 1.2:
    • fix background borders color (gray > black) on some devices
    • keep screen on while emulator is running
    • add switch button to in-game menu
    • switch kick and punch buttons for 6 buttons games
  • 1.1:
    • fix a crash when trying to run an unsupported rom
    • prevent the launch of a clone rom if it's parent is not in the rom directory
    • fix a crash when trying to assign hardware buttons twice in a row in preferences
    • fix (probably) problem with hardware key mapping (up/left/right/down)
    • should add android 3.0+ native compatibility

Attachments

• CPSEmu-1.1.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 40,675
  • CPSEmu-1.2.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 12,906
  • CPSEmu-1.3.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 11,001
  • CPSEmu-1.4.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 96,168
Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Cpasjuste said:
Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
- CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
- Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
=============
- YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING A ROM
- No roms are included with this emulator
- Capcom is a registred trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd.

Not bad.. gave it a go on my transformer and just got 19xx to play. When creating the cache images of any other game like mvc, I kept on getting error messages, something about crc and CPU1 (sorry, I forgot exactly what the message said, but I will check later). The roms are ok as I know for a fact that they work.

One other thing is that I couldn't change directory and the device did not look on my SD card to see if the roms were there or not.

That said, 19xx plays butter smooth, although the on screen controls could be better (ie the cross pad a bit larger as it is very easy to run your fingers out of it). I still have to try with my TF keyboard though.

Good job otherwise. I will test on my EVO 3d and report back.

Reactions: red_hanks and fuuma

BenKranged

Apr 24, 2011
Are you really going to make the GUI for NeoDroid white?

I know this is minor, but I much prefer the black. Perhaps an option?

Also have you considered using the menu button to open a menu with settings, email, exit, rather the the icons at the top?

For devices with a small screen and lots of roms, every bit of screen space helps.

In any case good work with these projects.

:edit:

I realize this is verison 1.0 and you probably have changes and additions in mind already.

A couple other things I noticed, in Marvel vs Capcom the lower buttons are punches and the uppers are kicks.

And the option to disable sound would be nice.

:edit 2:

I'm having a little trouble mapping hardware buttons. When I press up dpad (on a ps3 controller mapped to the phone's hardware dpad) for the first key, the clear button turns blue (highlighted) and it doesnt map the keypress and move on to the next one. In neodroid the mapping works fine

Last edited:

TiltMasta

Mar 7, 2009
Works great with the games that are compatible, hope to see more games added in the future and the on screen pad is a bit small would be so much easier if it was enlarged a little bit, but that is my only complaint. This emulator is silky smooth and it's so awesome to bust out STF3 and it play flawlessly!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

metcard

May 26, 2010
best emulator I've used on android so far.
I've only tried a handful of games and all ran perfectly on the xperia play.
Will purchase full donate version. no doubt.

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
thank you soooooooooo much
it has save option :) really good .

but rununig slow on my xperia play .

metcard

May 26, 2010
What games are you running that are slow?
Every rom i've played has been silky smooth.
It's the fastest Emulator that i've tried on my XPlay.

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.

LEGAL NOTICE:
=============

great job! is there a way to access the game menu to set the difficulty settings, etc?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Not bad.. gave it a go on my transformer and just got 19xx to play. When creating the cache images of any other game like mvc, I kept on getting error messages, something about crc and CPU1 (sorry, I forgot exactly what the message said, but I will check later). The roms are ok as I know for a fact that they work.

One other thing is that I couldn't change directory and the device did not look on my SD card to see if the roms were there or not.

That said, 19xx plays butter smooth, although the on screen controls could be better (ie the cross pad a bit larger as it is very easy to run your fingers out of it). I still have to try with my TF keyboard though.

- You are probably trying to run a "clone" rom, which need the "parent" rom. Look in the "Compatibility" tab (search button), if there is a line with "parent:xx.zip" then you also need "xx.zip" to run your rom.

- You can just use the "back" button of you device to browse to your roms directory, each time you launch a rom this path will be saved as default rom directory.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Are you really going to make the GUI for NeoDroid white?

I know this is minor, but I much prefer the black. Perhaps an option?

Also have you considered using the menu button to open a menu with settings, email, exit, rather the the icons at the top?

For devices with a small screen and lots of roms, every bit of screen space helps.

In any case good work with these projects.

:edit:

I realize this is verison 1.0 and you probably have changes and additions in mind already.

A couple other things I noticed, in Marvel vs Capcom the lower buttons are punches and the uppers are kicks.

And the option to disable sound would be nice.

:edit 2:

I'm having a little trouble mapping hardware buttons. When I press up dpad (on a ps3 controller mapped to the phone's hardware dpad) for the first key, the clear button turns blue (highlighted) and it doesnt map the keypress and move on to the next one. In neodroid the mapping works fine

- I will see to add an option to change the theme :) (btw: NeoDroid gui is white since a while now)
- Unfortunatly, google now ask developper to not use the "menu" button anymore, so i add to find another way: the menu bar.
- w00t, i see why this is happening for the buttons mapping, i will investigate in this problem and release a fix soon (in a few days)

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Works great with the games that are compatible, hope to see more games added in the future and the on screen pad is a bit small would be so much easier if it was enlarged a little bit, but that is my only complaint. This emulator is silky smooth and it's so awesome to bust out STF3 and it play flawlessly!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

- If i'm correct all the CPS2 games are currently supported (except choco which is crap anyway), so i can not add anything else :p

- I do not own a tablet so i tried to do my best but it's hard! I will maximise the dpad size for tablets. Are the buttons size ok ?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
thank you soooooooooo much
it has save option :) really good .

but rununig slow on my xperia play .

For now the emulator need to use cached graphics on your device, so it need to read this cache file a lot during emulation. I had no slowdown on my xperia, but i use a 8GB sdcard. I guess your sdcard is a small one or a slow one.

quepaso

Jul 10, 2010
Excellent first release so far, looking very forward to making this my go-to CPS emu. Few things i'd like to point out from someone whos been using emulators on android for years. My config is a Touchpad running CM9 @ stock 1.2ghz dual core.

Sound is off. You can tell immediately from the insert coin sound in SSF2T and Vampire Savior, they do not sound accurate.

Games feel laggy. At first when i tried SSF2T, it was incredibly laggy, but then i found how to disable the filter and it was smooth after that, but still had a weird lag to it. The addition of a FPS counter would be excellent to see whats going on.

No support for players 2-4 to be configured in hardware buttons. I have 4 wii remotes + 4 classic controllers + 2 TVC Wii arcade sticks, so i have the ability to get 4-player arcade games going ontop of full 2-player fighter games with full arcade sticks, which i use with Mame4Droid often. Would be a great addition.

Emu runs in compatibility mode in Android 4.0. Instead of the menu button being natively working, it scales everything to fit the screen. It still looks great, but native 3.0+ support would be great.

Otherwise this is a great emu and i am enjoying it quite a bit. I would also love for CPS1 to be emulated at some point as well, to get all 3 major emus (CPS1/2/MVS) done by the same author would be awesome to have everything uniform.

Excellent work and keep it up.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
quepaso: your maybe running roms from on a slow sdcard/memory ?

Version 1.1 uploaded with a few/fast fix, i'll work on all other request soon :)

quepaso

Jul 10, 2010
quepaso: your maybe running roms from on a slow sdcard/memory ?

Version 1.1 uploaded with a few/fast fix, i'll work on all other request soon :)

The touchpad just has 32 gig of internal storage which is quite fast, no SD card of any kind. Ill update to 1.1!

Edit -

Updated to 1.1, and indeed it is now running natively in 3.0+, no more compatibility mode. Now however, i am running everything non-stretched, and the top bar ontop (touchpad is 4:3 res so gets mostly full screen for CPS2, full screen for console emus like snes/nes) is black and the bar below is grey. I thought something got weird so i switched from stretched, scaled and native, and noticed the background goes from black to grey now, previously on 1.0 it was all black. Due to this, it looked like 2 incorrect levels were displayed on top/bottom when it likely is just a bitmap change to the background causing it.

Otherwise, i think the games are running properly, but the sound being so wrong is making me think it is not running 60fps. Great work so far.

Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
- You are probably trying to run a "clone" rom, which need the "parent" rom. Look in the "Compatibility" tab (search button), if there is a line with "parent:xx.zip" then you also need "xx.zip" to run your rom.

- You can just use the "back" button of you device to browse to your roms directory, each time you launch a rom this path will be saved as default rom directory.

Great! Thank you for the answer. I will install 1.1 and I will let you know how it goes.

Edit: ok, I installed 1.1 on my TF and you were somewhat right about the roms.... ironically, the ones that do run are the US clones. I actually have the (EUR) versions (full roms) and they spit out the error I told you earlier, but once I got the US clone file and ran that, it was good....

I think I may have found a bug. The key assignment....

I assigned hardware keys from my TF keyboard and only the Start, Coin, and dpad are being saved. None of the other 6 buttons get saved for some reason. I did it a few times over, turning off the program, etc and still nothing. I did notice that one of the changes you made included a tweak on this, so I am wondering if maybe something else got lost with the fix.

Looking better and MvsC runs like a champ!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android.
    If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Capcom Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. CPS2 games software sold separately. "Capcom" is a registered trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd. All individual games screen shots or audio that are simulated by CPSEmu software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used for the purpose of informing the customer of the software's functionality.

Changelog:
    =======
    • 1.4:
      • Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
    • 1.3:
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences
      • Fix a crash on Android 2.1 when launching a rom
      • Fix a crash with dialogs when screen orientation changes
      • Improve previews downloader
      • Some bug fix
    • 1.2:
      • fix background borders color (gray > black) on some devices
      • keep screen on while emulator is running
      • add switch button to in-game menu
      • switch kick and punch buttons for 6 buttons games
    • 1.1:
      • fix a crash when trying to run an unsupported rom
      • prevent the launch of a clone rom if it's parent is not in the rom directory
      • fix a crash when trying to assign hardware buttons twice in a row in preferences
      • fix (probably) problem with hardware key mapping (up/left/right/down)
      • should add android 3.0+ native compatibility

Cpasjuste said:
    Hi,

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============

Seems that without financial benefit, the dev has abandoned this project. Shame.

You are the shame ;)
    Don't worry about me developpement is not finnish, i just also have a life.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
    Will you be continuing development of CPSEmu and Neodroid in the future?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Yes I will. But I did recently focus on my final burn alpha port, you should give it a try ( search afba on xda forums)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Man, you made me register on this forum only to say THANK YOU MAN!
    I can play Marvel vs Capcom smoothly on my device now :D :D :D

PS:Sorry for the bad english, i'm actually brazilian so english isn't my mother language.