What the hell is wrong with people?

Search This thread

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
Eh, I wish. I can't afford another one right now. I really hope samsung acknowledges and tries to resolve my issue though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012
Eh, I wish. I can't afford another one right now. I really hope samsung acknowledges and tries to resolve my issue though.

Dude, go back to the store ASAP and tell them the situation. The sooner you go, the better your chances. Go there and do not take NO for an answer. They scratched your phone. Regardless of Samsung's quality control, he induced the scratches on his negligence and THAT store should replace your phone. Go and tell that idiot that it is not scratch proof. All they do is memorize facts from a pamphlet. The average consumer is not going to question the validity of their facts so he gets away with it.

I would love for a rep to do this to my phone. I would raise hell at that store.

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
It wasn't a store though. It was a samsung rep at some "showcase" kiosk thing. They have 6 tables set up with all their mobile products for demonstration and questions, but they don't sell them there.

They are directly related to samsung though, a corporate-placed setup.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

Send one to( e-mail) AT&T corporate also. Complaint on the place where it happened and for the Manager. They don't like bad reviews. I gave a bad review one time over text msg. and a manger called me asking me why I gave that review on his store & rep. I then explained myself to him my issue!

Good luck with you phone problems:mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
It wasn't a store though. It was a samsung rep at some "showcase" kiosk thing. They have 6 tables set up with all their mobile products for demonstration and questions, but they don't sell them there.

They are directly related to samsung though, a corporate-placed setup.

Contact local authorities. See if they can get their hands on any surveillance footage in the area where the booth was set up. You may be able to get a copy of it.. Or have someone at Samsung get in contact with the authorities so they can view the damage being done.

I know police are looked down upon.. But if you just file a simple report to initiate the process, and have it to back your story up.. It will help things. Then from there, if you are able to do that, it's almost guaranteed that evidence needs to be obtained. Hence the surveillance video.

If not, maybe someone at the mall can give you info on who coordinated the event?

Reactions: Bajanman

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Contact local authorities. See if they can get their hands on any surveillance footage in the area where the booth was set up. You may be able to get a copy of it.. Or have someone at Samsung get in contact with the authorities so they can view the damage being done.

I know police are looked down upon.. But if you just file a simple report to initiate the process, and have it to back your story up.. It will help things. Then from there, if you are able to do that, it's almost guaranteed that evidence needs to be obtained. Hence the surveillance video.

If not, maybe someone at the mall can give you info on who coordinated the event?

+1

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
My question is who doesn't put a screen protector on there [sic] phone when they get it?

Most people don't (including me, and my phones never get scratched).

There are advantages and disadvantages to screen protectors; it's a matter of personal preference. The right choice for you isn't necessarily right for everyone. Some people have a hard time with that concept.

Last edited:
Reactions: MFZ22

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
XDA does nto condone fraud in any way, shape or form; insurance or otherwise. Please do not post suggestions about subverting. Thank you.

Ok, so now that that is done. I agree with the two above me and you should get your local authorities invovled. I'm not sure what the full retail is on a NII but it has to be above $500 and that makes it a viable option for more than just a complaint.

What I would do is since this is a kiosk type thing in a mall (<--key point there), I would go to the mall security and have them review the tapes. Kiosks are out in the open, so they are not covered by internal cameras and loss prevention like the Gap or Finish Line. There camera security is the same as the mall's, so since this took place in the mall's space, they would be the ones that you would want to go to. Tell them what happened and the value of the phone (to put a little weight on your issue) and see if they can pull up the footage. Tell them that you are seriously thinking about police action and this could determine whether or not you do. Just an idea.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
I doubt the police will regard this dispute as a criminal matter. You'd probably have better luck bringing a civil suit in small claims court.

Reactions: Mad383Max

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
Here's the generic response I got from "Lea" and the same thing from "Akira" at samsung.

---

Thank you for your inquiry. We understand that the phone creaks on the silver bezel on the left and right, and on the back cover on the top near the headphone jack. And the screen had a scratch when the manager handled your phone. Also you mentioned that you have contacted Samsung through phone and you were advised that you have to send in the phone for repair, but you don’t have the time to send in the phone to us. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience when you asked assistance for your Samsung Note II phone and for the issues regarding your device.

The rudeness described is not consistent with the high standards and values that you expect from any company and its employees. Your concern about the customer service you experience at the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City would be best addressed if you bring it to the attention of their management.

The best option that we can give is for you to send in the phone to us for an evaluation or a possible repair. If you need a phone with you, some dealer locations may offer a loaner phone program while your handset is in repair. While Samsung cannot control the availability of these products or programs in your area, please contact your local provider or dealer if you are in need of a phone, to find out if they are a participating member of this program. If you have any questions regarding this process, please ask the Service Representative at the time of your call.

Your concern is of the utmost importance to us, please contact Samsung Customer Care for an immediate and accurate solution.

Please contact Samsung Customer Care at your earliest convenience through our toll free number 1-888-987-HELP (1-888-987-4357). A Customer Service Representative will be able to assist you between the hours 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, Central Standard Time.

We hope that your future dealings when buying Samsung products are much more enjoyable.

It is our hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Lea
Technical Support

TailsNeon556

Jun 22, 2009
NYC
That sucks about the display.. For future reference the at&t store by the Broadway Mall is a Warranty & Repair store from what I've been told.. Depending on where you're located there's also one at the Queens Ctr mall.. They replaced my S-Pen when I was having the ghost touch issues.. On the battery door squeak issue.. They all do this.. I used a few vinyl stickers (I race RC cars so they were readily available) on the inside of the battery door and the problem went away.. Maybe even try a business card..It might work.. Good luck

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
Might be an idea. I'm in Westbury, but I'm in the Forest Hills area in Queens a good bit too haha.

I used to race rc cars a while ago, then it got stolen (along with the rest of my house). Poor old nitro 4-tec.

I'll try the vinyl sticker idea, I have a few left actually. I'm just annoyed with the screen now. I keep looking for the scratch whenever I use it. It's traumatizing dude.

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Wow that's crazy there. And you said that the Manager did this. Was it a corporate store? You know that makes the difference. When getting something taken care of. Personally I only deal with the Manager's when I'm doing anything in the AT&T store. I've even gotten a few rep fired for messing around with our account. Because we get a 50% discount on accessories. :D lol
I hope you get your problem fixed soon. Cause if it was me someone would be getting fired for carelessness. And me getting a new phone. Sometimes you have to go above& beyond. Meaning contacting corporate.. An e-mail goes a long way. To the right person.

Also you were mentioning, screen protectors. I use these and there absolutely Crystal clear!

How are these for finger prints?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011
I took my phone to an official samsung showcase booth (literally a huge one) at the mall today. I asked a guy if his note 2 creaks because mine does very much. He took off the back cover and put it face down on the table, reapplied the back cover by pressing it on the table and slid the phone around in the process, and gave me back a screen full of scratches. He said "Nah, that wasn't me. The phone has gorilla glass." and walked away.

I call AT&T to attempt a warranty replacement because of poor build quality. They tell me that it's a sign of physical damage and I no longer have any warranty at all because of it.

So now I have a scratched note 2 that was once spotless and a crappy carrier that won't replace it because of Samsung's poor quality control.

Fml.

Lmao.....You're an idiot for even giving him your phone

Nickel Dime Bay

Sep 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Wtf? I would've been in that fools face. It's your fault for not snatching it away, like really? You're just gonna watch him do that to your $600 phone? Lol

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
Well yeah I literally yelled at him "watch the screen, you're gonna scratch that s***!"

The guy was straight up rude though. He didn't say a word to me at all from beginning to end until he put the cover back on.

I'm gonna stop by at the mall tonight and try and speak to someone there, maybe to check security tapes.

Cab121

Oct 13, 2011
Dallas
Did he have little tungsten shards on the table while he was doing that? I wasn't able to scratch my screen with a dinner fork.

Get your screen wet and scrub it real good, you might just have residue from whatever was on the table on there.

One word. "Sand"
Anything with the same hardness or greater will scratch especially sandy grit.

As for the above trolls bashing this guy for not turning in to "Enter Badarss action hero name" per some long regretted high school beat down you fantasize never happened because "enter fantastic tale of how awesome you tell everyone then sob about the dark truith"..... Ether help the guy who is asking or keep it to your lonely self. No one cares about opinions like that. Chances are the one I'm hypocritically posting right now is part of what I just pointed out.

I'll leave this soap box right here for the next guy. Hope your phone issue gets resolved. Sorry I have nothing useful to post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask him if you could see his phone. Test out how well it will handle a 50 foot throw across the store. Then walk away. Done..
    Seriously though, I'd be pissed. Id say 90 percent of the people that work in stores like that don't know anything about the products they are even selling. That's why I hate going there. They talk to you like your a child, meanwhile I know more about the stuff that they make a living selling. Blows my mind.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    I took my phone to an official samsung showcase booth (literally a huge one) at the mall today. I asked a guy if his note 2 creaks because mine does very much. He took off the back cover and put it face down on the table, reapplied the back cover by pressing it on the table and slid the phone around in the process, and gave me back a screen full of scratches. He said "Nah, that wasn't me. The phone has gorilla glass." and walked away.

I call AT&T to attempt a warranty replacement because of poor build quality. They tell me that it's a sign of physical damage and I no longer have any warranty at all because of it.

So now I have a scratched note 2 that was once spotless and a crappy carrier that won't replace it because of Samsung's poor quality control.

Fml.

SHould have stopped the guy and said, "hey wait, dont do it that way." I mean, I would have.

Fml.

Did he have little tungsten shards on the table while he was doing that? I wasn't able to scratch my screen with a dinner fork.

Get your screen wet and scrub it real good, you might just have residue from whatever was on the table on there.
    My question is who doesn't put a screen protector on there phone when they get it?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium