[ROM][JB] Taki_jeden_rom (11.06.2013) based on Slim Bean (Aroma Installer)

Search This thread

taki__jeden

May 2, 2013
Description:

Taki_jeden_rom - My modification based on the latest version SlimBean of 24.02.2013 by Kayant (latest Taki_jeden_rom_03062013 based on Slim Bean 3.1.1 of 05.27.2013).
My changes: New Apps (Android 4.2), Faster Performance, Smooth Scrolling, and many other mods to Enhancing Sound and Performance Rom.
More information in changelog.

More info about Slim:

Created by a team Slim Roms (home page of the project - slimroms.net). No official support for Defy. Ported to our phones by Kayant. Link to original subject of Unofficial JB Slim Bean - 3.1.1 26/05/2013
Rom stands out a large number configuration options, especially the interface (eg transparency various components, more options for lockscreen, multi-functional navigation bar, etc.). Most options is described Here

Screenshots:

beztytuu1lf.jpg

How to install:
  • Download/copy Rom to the memory card
  • In recovery make wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik
  • Select Install zip from SD card and select the file zip with Rom
  • Repeat wipe cache and wipe dalvik (Important!)
  • Reboot system now (the first run takes a few minutes)

Changelog Taki_jeden_rom:

11.06.2013 :
  • Faster system boot
  • Improved performance and speed rom?
  • Removing many unnecessary files
  • Updated Gmail and SuperSU

03.06.2013 :
  • New base rom (Slim Bean 3.1.1 20130527)
  • Removing MusicFX
  • Removing SoundEnhancement
  • Adding Noozxoide
  • Updated Google Play and a few other applications
  • Adding option Restart when installation is complete (AROMA Installer)

09.05.2013 :
  • Adding AROMA Installer
  • Gapps with Rom
  • Fixed work ringtones assigned to contacts
  • Updates a few applications

27.04.2013 :

• Mods improving sound:
    You can choose:
  • Awesome BEATS
  • DolbyAudioEQ (Dolby Surround)
  • MusicFX
  • SoundEnhancement
    (To choose the right you have to go to: Settings> Sound> Sound Effects)
  • AC!D SoundMOD
  • Mods improve overall performance rom:
  • Mods init.d
  • Mods bulid.prop

23.04.2013 :

• Mods improve performance and speed rom:
  • Mods Brainmaster
  • Mod Memfree
  • Mod Seeder

20.04.2013 :
  • Mods enhancing sound: xLoud + Clear audio
  • Bravia Engine 2
  • Mod "Search Key as a Power Button"
  • New camera app with more options
  • Fixed bug in photo editor (Gallery)
  • New application Clock/Timer with more options
  • Faster boot torch (for shortcuts in the widget the notification area and in lookscreen)*
  • New calculator app with more options
  • New default wallpaper
  • Some fixes in translation (Polish only)

16.03.2013 :
  • Added Smoothcroll Mod
  • Apex Launcher - Updated to latest version
  • Fixes translations (Polish only)

07.03.2013 :
  • New bootanimation (Nexus)

04.03.2013 :
  • Added the Clock/Time with android 4.2
  • Added camera/gallery with android 4.2
  • Changed launcher for Apex Launcher
  • Removed Apollo / Added Google Play Music
  • Complete translation of all options SlimBean and more (Polish only)

Important information on latest version 11.06.2013::

To update the rom with previous version (09.05/03.06), in recovery enough to do wipe cache and dalvik cache. Everything including wifi should work. If some application isn't working properly, clear the application data in Settings > Applications

Rom for a few minutes after the start may a little slowly work. Wait for all processes to be loaded and then you feel the speed;)

For improve the working of rom, I recommend to delete file "99seeder" in the system/etc/init.d
You can do this a file manager with root privileges (eg root explorer).
When you delete the file, mandatory make restart phone.

Recommended options:
I will recommend changes clock speed CPU Clk4 at least 1100 and possibly change voltage Vsel1-Vsel3 5-10 less. These changes have practically no effect on the battery and phone noticeably better working.
To use these options, run phone again in Bootmenu > CPU Settings and set an appropriate value (eg as above). Finally, slide down and press Save. Changes will be saved permanently and will not change when you reboot the phone.

My Settings:
CLK1 - 300
CLK2 - 600
CLK3 - 800
CLK4 - 1100

Vsel1 - 24
Vsel2 - 40
Vsel3 - 48
Vsel4 - 58

Bugs:
  • The same as Kayant recent build Slim Bean 3.1.1

Download:

11.06.2013 - Taki_jeden_rom_11062013.zip

Previous versions:

Warning! First boot is very long. You need a lot of patience before you see bootanimation.

Last edited:

1sokel

Apr 6, 2010
what languages are in this rom is it multi?
also more photos will be nice and a list of what is in this rom
thanks in advance also is google application with the rom or need to download them and from where

taki__jeden

May 2, 2013
Maybe restart your phone. I think that after second charge phone battery will function normally. On my phone, battery works just like the other CM10.

Reactions: hugo.gabriel999

fattest

Jul 28, 2012
Looks interesting, I've moved on from my Defy but I'll try it out as I'm quite happy using slim bean on my S3 and Nexus 7. Would be nice to breathe some new life into this phone.

Edit: Has this ROM been tested with any of the available custom kernels (i.e JellyX)?

taki__jeden

May 2, 2013
I haven't tested custom kernels. Probably one of the older jellyx will work.
I think that no need for custom kernels because standard rom is fast.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Just flashed this ROM. Wi-Fi reception is a bit weaker than other Quarx ROMs, and can't connect to other access points I'm used to, but lucky for me I have several access points, so not THAT big an issue. Aside from that, loving it so far, already managed to record a 2 minute video with stock camera app without the audio cutting during the recording, so depending on battery life, I'll probably stay on this ROM.

Also, very customizable. Nice work. :good:

Edit: Boot also takes a bit longer than what I'm used to, not a big issue though, just an observation. And sometimes it takes a while for my sim card to register to the network, will see how it behaves during the next few days.

Last edited:

sUpErwHoO

Aug 21, 2011
Bangalore, Karnataka
Very nice rom, snappy and interactive. Only problem I'm facing is my text messages don't get delivered. It always fails :( please let me know if there's a solution?

Sent by an alien.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Very nice rom, snappy and interactive. Only problem I'm facing is my text messages don't get delivered. It always fails :( please let me know if there's a solution?

Sent by an alien.

SMS messages are working fine for me, but I did have this problem on one of the CM10 roms. The only fix was to wipe data/cache from custom recovery. It also might be a problem with your message service center.

Dial *+*+4636+*+*, then go to "Phone information", and scroll down to the "SMSC" and press "Resfresh". It should show a number that corresponds to your carrier. Call your carrier and confirm that that is the correct SMSC number. If it's not, ask them for the correct number, write it down in the box and press update. Not sure if you have to reboot or not, and generally this is not necessary since your phone should find the correct number automatically.

If this doesn't work, I'd wipe data and check again; that's what worked for me anyway (can't find the source right now, sorry), so you never know.

Reactions: sUpErwHoO

vedang81

Jul 16, 2012
Vadodara
Awesome ROM......Best in speed :)
I became a fan of slim roms becoz of the customizable options it provides...Battery seems good.
Only problem...clock doesn't work.. everytym gets stuck...any solution?? :confused:

Thanks alot for your work.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:

Taki_jeden_rom - My modification based on the latest version SlimBean of 24.02.2013 by Kayant (latest Taki_jeden_rom_03062013 based on Slim Bean 3.1.1 of 05.27.2013).
    My changes: New Apps (Android 4.2), Faster Performance, Smooth Scrolling, and many other mods to Enhancing Sound and Performance Rom.
    More information in changelog.

More info about Slim:

Created by a team Slim Roms (home page of the project - slimroms.net). No official support for Defy. Ported to our phones by Kayant. Link to original subject of Unofficial JB Slim Bean - 3.1.1 26/05/2013
    Rom stands out a large number configuration options, especially the interface (eg transparency various components, more options for lockscreen, multi-functional navigation bar, etc.). Most options is described Here

Screenshots:

beztytuu1lf.jpg

How to install:
    • Download/copy Rom to the memory card
    • In recovery make wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik
    • Select Install zip from SD card and select the file zip with Rom
    • Repeat wipe cache and wipe dalvik (Important!)
    • Reboot system now (the first run takes a few minutes)

Changelog Taki_jeden_rom:

11.06.2013 :
    • Faster system boot
    • Improved performance and speed rom?
    • Removing many unnecessary files
    • Updated Gmail and SuperSU

03.06.2013 :
    • New base rom (Slim Bean 3.1.1 20130527)
    • Removing MusicFX
    • Removing SoundEnhancement
    • Adding Noozxoide
    • Updated Google Play and a few other applications
    • Adding option Restart when installation is complete (AROMA Installer)

09.05.2013 :
    • Adding AROMA Installer
    • Gapps with Rom
    • Fixed work ringtones assigned to contacts
    • Updates a few applications

27.04.2013 :

• Mods improving sound:
      You can choose:
    • Awesome BEATS
    • DolbyAudioEQ (Dolby Surround)
    • MusicFX
    • SoundEnhancement
      (To choose the right you have to go to: Settings> Sound> Sound Effects)
    • AC!D SoundMOD
    • Mods improve overall performance rom:
    • Mods init.d
    • Mods bulid.prop

23.04.2013 :

• Mods improve performance and speed rom:
    • Mods Brainmaster
    • Mod Memfree
    • Mod Seeder

20.04.2013 :
    • Mods enhancing sound: xLoud + Clear audio
    • Bravia Engine 2
    • Mod "Search Key as a Power Button"
    • New camera app with more options
    • Fixed bug in photo editor (Gallery)
    • New application Clock/Timer with more options
    • Faster boot torch (for shortcuts in the widget the notification area and in lookscreen)*
    • New calculator app with more options
    • New default wallpaper
    • Some fixes in translation (Polish only)

16.03.2013 :
    • Added Smoothcroll Mod
    • Apex Launcher - Updated to latest version

07.03.2013 :
    • New bootanimation (Nexus)

04.03.2013 :
    • Added the Clock/Time with android 4.2
    • Added camera/gallery with android 4.2
    • Changed launcher for Apex Launcher
    • Removed Apollo / Added Google Play Music
    • Complete translation of all options SlimBean and more (Polish only)

Important information on latest version 11.06.2013::

To update the rom with previous version (09.05/03.06), in recovery enough to do wipe cache and dalvik cache. Everything including wifi should work. If some application isn't working properly, clear the application data in Settings > Applications

Rom for a few minutes after the start may a little slowly work. Wait for all processes to be loaded and then you feel the speed;)

For improve the working of rom, I recommend to delete file "99seeder" in the system/etc/init.d
    You can do this a file manager with root privileges (eg root explorer).
    When you delete the file, mandatory make restart phone.

Recommended options:
    I will recommend changes clock speed CPU Clk4 at least 1100 and possibly change voltage Vsel1-Vsel3 5-10 less. These changes have practically no effect on the battery and phone noticeably better working.
    To use these options, run phone again in Bootmenu > CPU Settings and set an appropriate value (eg as above). Finally, slide down and press Save. Changes will be saved permanently and will not change when you reboot the phone.

My Settings:
    CLK1 - 300
    CLK2 - 600
    CLK3 - 800
    CLK4 - 1100

Vsel1 - 24
    Vsel2 - 40
    Vsel3 - 48
    Vsel4 - 58

Bugs:
    • The same as Kayant recent build Slim Bean 3.1.1

Download:

11.06.2013 - Taki_jeden_rom_11062013.zip

Previous versions:

Warning! First boot is very long. You need a lot of patience before you see bootanimation.
    *1sokel
    In this rom (both versions) is multi-language. These differ only in language aroma installer.
    Changelog: "Gapps with Rom".
    Probably a stupid question, but I just found out that the search key turns the display off. After having looked around, I can't find a way to change this behaviour. Is there a way to change it and if so, how?

Oh, and after using this rom now for a couple of days, I'm still incredibly impressed. Awesome rom, thanks so much for it!

In /system/usr/keylayout/ there is a file named qwerty.kl and qwertytouch.kl (or something like that).

You need to edit it with root explorer, for example, and find the line that says:

key 217 POWER WAKE

And change it so it says:

key 217 SEARCH WAKE_DROPPED

I'm not sure you have to change that line in both those files, but I did, just in case, and now the search key works as it should.
    Just in case anyone is wondering, this new build has the new WiFi drivers, so it kind of defeats the whole purpose for me being on this ROM and not on CM 10.1 (due to WiFi interference). Also, it comes with TWRP, so you might want to make a backup in TWRP format before you flash this ROM, just in case you want to easily go back.

On a side note, video recording still works and the audio does not cut before the end of the video file, but this build takes like 2 -3 minutes or more before the boot animation even shows up, which is too long IMO.