[Q]Can't mount /system or /cache partition on TWRP

Search This thread

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
Hi there,

Im facing an issue with this HTC One im trying to root. For some reason, neither TWRP or Clockworkmod can mount the /system and the /cache partitions, so i can't flash the root zip. I have tried several stuff but still got the same error. Anyone knows whats happening?

I have the Sprint Variant, bootloader is already unlocked. Here is a picture of the bootloader for more info.

View attachment 2502223

Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
You should be posting in the SPrint HTC One QA.. Potentially you have installed the international Recovery and that has messed up your partition. You will need to run your stock RUU or restrore atleast recovery to try to fix system/cache.

How to fix corrupt sdcard partitions on your HTC One.

Make sure you're in the bootloader go into fastboot and make sure the downloaded image is in the same folder as your fastboot. recovery.img below is your STOCK recovery, not custom.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Go into bootloader and then choose Factory Reset - let that finish running <<< Important!

Phone will go out and start bootlooping. Now power off and go back to bootloader mode:
Go into fastboot

fastboot flash recovery <custom recovery>.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Now you can go into custom recovery and you should be good to go now.

khalidnisar

Jan 12, 2011
You should be posting in the SPrint HTC One QA.. Potentially you have installed the international Recovery and that has messed up your partition. You will need to run your stock RUU or restrore atleast recovery to try to fix system/cache.

i have same problem all three partitions /cache, /system, /data can't be mounted in Recovery. and the above solution didn't work for me. any other suggestions?? thx

nhirt

Jul 20, 2007

Hi,
Thanks a lot, this did it...
I couldn't get the partitions back (I tried even with ext4 partitioning over fastboot shell).

This is just perfectly elegant solution.

Nik

khalidnisar

Jan 12, 2011
Corrupted Partition - HTC One (AT&T)

It didn't worked for me. the process which helped me was:

find the original Stock recovery.img for your device.
Boot your device in Bootloader and flash stock recovery

go back to bootloader menu and select FACTORY RESET

once again boot into Bootloader and Flash any custom Recovery CWM or TWRP

boot into recovery and thats it. This SOLVED my /data mounting problem and adb devices not detecting my phone problem as well
G:eek:ood luck

rishvan

Sep 13, 2012
This really made my day.

Am using HTC One M7 Dual SIM (DS) m7cdwg. And this method works smoothly. Thanks Bro, for the information :)

boot into recovery and thats it. This SOLVED my /data mounting problem and adb devices not detecting my phone problem as well

Naraa

"how to install correctly? TWRP says Failed to mount '/system' (Invalid argument). Where is arguments? how can I change the arguments? Previous ROM was Team Galaxy Project's OREO ROM."

I've posted wrong forum here :p I was looking at DevBase rom of G930. Sorry guys

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Corrupted Partition - HTC One (AT&T)