Can Asus do this?

Search This thread
Feb 12, 2013
I recently contacted Asus warranty to have my n7 Flo serviced due to its touchscreen issues. I asked their representative if my device having been rooted will affect servicing my n7.

He said that the technicians will unroot device and proceed to repair but I would not be able to re-root device in the future. Is that possible? That technicians will do something preventing me from re-rooting when I get my device back?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I recently contacted Asus warranty to have my n7 Flo serviced due to its touchscreen issues. I asked their representative if my device having been rooted will affect servicing my n7.

He said that the technicians will unroot device and proceed to repair but I would not be able to re-root device in the future. Is that possible? That technicians will do something preventing me from re-rooting when I get my device back?

Horse hockey. There is no special bootloader for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: doublevisionsfc

oldsoldier2003

Jun 30, 2012
Eldorado

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yup.
but rather than even talk to the ASUS techs about having a rooted device I would just restore it to stock and lock the bootloader before having it serviced. It only takes a couple minutes and then there is nothing for them to say.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, it's a Nexus device and its software is maintained by Google which means it'll always be open for rooting/unlocking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk