[Q] is there a way to restore the efs file with no back up

Search This thread

imevilbob

Jan 8, 2012
i have been researching this for 2days and havent found the right method to fix my problem

so my phone was full bricked when i tried to restore to ofw from my cfw but i got that fixed by taking it in to a shop.
the down side is that when i got my phone back my imei, my network, mobile network type,and imei sv all say unknown
i have been trying to inject my imei using various threads and google but havent found the solution

if any one can help me that would be great thanku

Last edited:

imevilbob

Jan 8, 2012
So I should reflash the Rom using Odin cause I don't think I have NV I couldn't find the nv data when using root explorer

I attached images of the no imei and my car, android version, and kernel.

Maybe I can flash back to stock?

Sent from my LGMS659 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1408818648161.jpg
    1408818648161.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 1408818682060.jpg
    1408818682060.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 30

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
The NV data isnt accessible that way. But yes. Flash your firmware and theres a good chance itll fix the problems.

Or if you want, find your current bootloader version by opening Terminal Emulator and entering this:

getprop ro.bootloader

Then whatever it returns is what you need to flash. You can try flashing the modem only first, but if that doesn't work flash the full firmware with Odin.

If the IMEI doesnt return, PM me and ill help you restore it. But im betting its a modem/firmware mismatch and the above steps will fix it.

Reactions: imevilbob

imevilbob

Jan 8, 2012
Is this right

Attachments

• 1408829653002.jpg
    1408829653002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 25

imevilbob

Jan 8, 2012
I did try reinstalling the Rom using Rom installer but not Odin I also tried to restore. To an earlier back up and both didn't do anything. I won't be able to try Odin till I get home

imevilbob

Jan 8, 2012
Try flashing the MJB modem first. That may be all that it needs.

sir u are a sexy angel and a scholar i managed to figure it out

so all i had to do to fix this was

1) download just the modem from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252932

2) connect phone to pc

3) copy zip over (do not un zip)

4) reboot to recovery

5) install zip

done all issues regarding the imei and network have been fixed

its super easy and i dont know why it was so hard to find a thread on how to fix this issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should save messing with the NV data as a last resort.
    Have you flashed your firmware via Odin and factory reset? This is often all that is needed.
    The NV data isnt accessible that way. But yes. Flash your firmware and theres a good chance itll fix the problems.

Or if you want, find your current bootloader version by opening Terminal Emulator and entering this:

getprop ro.bootloader

Then whatever it returns is what you need to flash. You can try flashing the modem only first, but if that doesn't work flash the full firmware with Odin.

If the IMEI doesnt return, PM me and ill help you restore it. But im betting its a modem/firmware mismatch and the above steps will fix it.
    Try flashing the MJB modem first. That may be all that it needs.
    Awesome! Really glad to hear you got it fixed! And that it turned out to be the simple solution too!