[Q] please help N7000XXLC1 GB to StUNNER ICS

Search This thread

mrmister80

Apr 22, 2012
Milan
hi all, i'm on GB 2.3.6 N700XXLC1 pre rooted ROM and trying to install CWM with no success. Downloaded CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LC1-v5.3-CWM5.zip and execute already-rooted.bat (USB debug is flagged, zimage file inside zimage folder and all the drivers are installed), the procedure starts but remain stuck in PUSHING ZIMAGE...(waited 30 min but NOTHING!)

Q: is this right or i need to downgrade to a directly rootable rom?

Q2: someone could explain the simplest procedure (step by step) with ALL the softwares and files needed to update from LC1 to stunner? I'm not asking all the links but file names and steps.

This is the lis of all the files i have downloaded till now:
1. Odin 1.85
2. pre rooted LC1 rom (installed - root ok)
3. CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LC1-v5.3-CWM5.zip (do i need it?)
4. I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar (do i need it?)
5. ICS_Stunner_1.4.19.zip

PS i don't have mobile odin so please explain how to do with odin for pc

Thank you in advance and sorry for the incorrect english

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
I'm not very experienced with this, but someone just helped me the other day to go to ICS stunner from GB. I see you already installed a pre rooter ROM, thats good. After that I installed the ICS repack using the mobile odin app. Well worth the money seeing I installed the repack + the stunner rom within a couple of minutes.

Reactions: mrmister80

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
1. Odin 1.85

Since you are rooted already u don't require the 3rd step. Just check your root once!
Download mobile odin free from market or buy it if you can.....then flash the #4. file the LP1 repack through mobile odin. If u use pc odin it will give u yellow triangle and you will have to get rid of it using another app - triangle away.
Boot into LP1 repack and let the room settle.
Then reboot to recovery wipe data and cache and dalvik then flash stunner and clear cache dalvik and data and rebooot. Done :)

Useful links in my signature if you require.

mrmister80

Apr 22, 2012
Milan
thank you both!

1 bought mobile odin pro and flashed CF-root (only now i see it was not necessary)
2 flashed LP1 repack (mobile odin pro)
3 reboot in recovery and installed stunner from sd card

DONE!

what is dalvik?

now i'm on stunner..there are other updates i have to do? modems etc? I heard there is an update for the tablet mode..going to search for it :)

EDIT: i found this fix http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24860868&postcount=3865 how install it? recovery>install from sd or via mobile odin pro?

EDIT 2: windows xp says USB not recognized when i connect the phone to pc :( with GB was ok, what can i do?

Last edited:

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
thank you both!

1 bought mobile odin pro and flashed CF-root (only now i see it was not necessary)

DONE!

what is dalvik?

now i'm on stunner..there are other updates i have to do? modems etc? I heard there is an update for the tablet mode..going to search for it :)

EDIT: i found this fix http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24860868&postcount=3865 how install it? recovery>install from sd or via mobile odin pro?

EDIT 2: windows xp says USB not recognized when i connect the phone to pc :( with GB was ok, what can i do?

You can flash LP6 modem, works great for me..

There is no "update" to tablet mode, just a zip to enable it if you would like to use tablet mode and it should be flashed through recovery..

That fix for phone crash in 160 dpi should be flashed from recovery, and for general knowledge most of .zip files are flashed through recovery, odin mostly uses .tar files ;)

IIRC there is a post with PC drivers in the Stunner thread, search for it and try it

mrmister80

Apr 22, 2012
Milan
thank you matius!

i'm on GB 2.3.6. LC1 pre rooted again because the USB was not recognized with my first stunner flash...now USB works perfectly, i want to clean install stunner with clear steps so please i need someone who confirm i'm doing the right steps:

1 reboot in recovery and wipe (data - cache - dalvik cache)
2 reboot phone open mobile odin and install LP1 repack from ext SD card
3 do i have to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after LP1 installation?
4 reboot in recovery and install ICS Stunner 1.4.19 from ext SD card
5 do i have to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after Stunner 1.4.19 installation?
6 reboot in recovery and install ICS Stunner 1.4.25 repack from ext sd card
7 after that i want to install LP6 modem and 160 dpi fix (recovery or mobile odin?)

thank you in advance

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
thank you matius!

i'm on GB 2.3.6. LC1 pre rooted again because the USB was not recognized with my first stunner flash...now USB works perfectly, i want to clean install stunner with clear steps so please i need someone who confirm i'm doing the right steps:

3 do i have to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after LP1 installation? No Not required.
5 do i have to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after Stunner 1.4.19 installation? No just wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after the installation in done in recovery and before rebooting the phone.
6 reboot in recovery and install ICS Stunner 1.4.25 repack from ext sd card No wait for the next build 1.4.26 to come. Uploading now.
7 after that i want to install LP6 modem and 160 dpi fix (recovery or mobile odin?) Recovery

thank you in advance

Infact you can skip the LP1 repack step...check here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614443...but if you are comfortable you can go with it...no harm :)

skillz9669

Apr 23, 2008
Philadelphia
thank you both!

DONE!

what is dalvik?

Most of your questions seem answered however I noticed nobody mentioned what the dalvik is. First, to get to it:

Reboot into recovery->advanced->wipe dalvik ( and choose yes of course ), that should be done anytime you change roms and I do it every time I update a rom

Info on what the Dalvik Cache is:

Dalvik cache is a program cache area for the program dalvik. Dalvik is a java based virtual machine that is the bases for running your programs (the ones that have the .apk extension). In order to make access times faster (because there's not JIT (just in time) compiler installed by default), the dalvik-cache is the result of dalvik doing a optimization of the running program. Sounds confusing. It's similar to the prefetch files in Windows.

mrmister80

Apr 22, 2012
Milan
Infact you can skip the LP1 repack step...check here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614443...but if you are comfortable you can go with it...no harm :)
1 reboot in recovery and wipe (data - cache - dalvik cache) + install Abyss Kernel 4.2
2 (skip LP1 repack installation ok?)
3 while in recovery install ICS Stunner 1.4.19 from ext SD card (once is done no wipes right?)
3 reboot in recovery and install ICS Stunner 1.4.26 repack (when will be released, thank you) from ext sd card (once is done no wipes right?)
4 reboot in recovery and install LP6 modem and 160 dpi fix

ok?

Most of your questions seem answered however I noticed nobody mentioned what the dalvik is. First, to get to it:

Reboot into recovery->advanced->wipe dalvik ( and choose yes of course ), that should be done anytime you change roms and I do it every time I update a rom

Dalvik cache is a program cache area for the program dalvik. Dalvik is a java based virtual machine that is the bases for running your programs (the ones that have the .apk extension). In order to make access times faster (because there's not JIT (just in time) compiler installed by default), the dalvik-cache is the result of dalvik doing a optimization of the running program. Sounds confusing. It's similar to the prefetch files in Windows.
very clear, thanks

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
1 reboot in recovery and wipe (data - cache - dalvik cache) + install Abyss Kernel 4.2 having the redpill touch recovery > reboot recovery
2 (skip LP1 repack installation ok?) Yup
3 while in recovery install ICS Stunner 1.4.19 from ext SD card (once is done no wipes right?) Directly flash the ICS Stunner 1.4.26 , download from the Stunner thread
3 reboot in recovery and install ICS Stunner 1.4.26 repack (when will be released, thank you) from ext sd card (once is done no wipes right?) Not required
4 reboot in recovery and install LP6 modem and 160 dpi fix Yeah

ok?

very clear, thanks

:) Hope this helps!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not very experienced with this, but someone just helped me the other day to go to ICS stunner from GB. I see you already installed a pre rooter ROM, thats good. After that I installed the ICS repack using the mobile odin app. Well worth the money seeing I installed the repack + the stunner rom within a couple of minutes.
    1. Odin 1.85

Since you are rooted already u don't require the 3rd step. Just check your root once!
    Download mobile odin free from market or buy it if you can.....then flash the #4. file the LP1 repack through mobile odin. If u use pc odin it will give u yellow triangle and you will have to get rid of it using another app - triangle away.
    Boot into LP1 repack and let the room settle.
    Then reboot to recovery wipe data and cache and dalvik then flash stunner and clear cache dalvik and data and rebooot. Done :)

Useful links in my signature if you require.
    thank you both!

DONE!

what is dalvik?

You can flash LP6 modem, works great for me..

There is no "update" to tablet mode, just a zip to enable it if you would like to use tablet mode and it should be flashed through recovery..

That fix for phone crash in 160 dpi should be flashed from recovery, and for general knowledge most of .zip files are flashed through recovery, odin mostly uses .tar files ;)

IIRC there is a post with PC drivers in the Stunner thread, search for it and try it
    thank you matius!

3 do i have to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after LP1 installation? No Not required.
    5 do i have to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after Stunner 1.4.19 installation? No just wipe data/cache/dalvik cache after the installation in done in recovery and before rebooting the phone.
    6 reboot in recovery and install ICS Stunner 1.4.25 repack from ext sd card No wait for the next build 1.4.26 to come. Uploading now.
    7 after that i want to install LP6 modem and 160 dpi fix (recovery or mobile odin?) Recovery

thank you in advance

thank you both!

DONE!

what is dalvik?