[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread
S

stritfajt

Everyone but loxxy has that issue plus simcard alerts and no phone or data.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Actually, there's now 3 people who claim they cam make phone calls. Really weird. Oh well, I'll get to building again and see what I can come up with.

Loxxy

Dec 29, 2010
Oxford
Ok i can make and receive calls, but on the dialled number the call drops after about 30 seconds.

sorry folks

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
i haven't tried it yet since i'm on the go....but did you try to turn off the pin lock from the sim like guy_smiley posted?

I don't think I have pin lock enabled (never did afaik).... is this some default setting in this rom or something that we need to disable?

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Ok i can make and receive calls, but on the dialled number the call drops after about 30 seconds.

sorry folks

haha my hero does that on all roms LoL

darkmansd

Dec 22, 2009
alright....maybe we can be a better help if everyone here really tells whats working for him and whats not(and on which network he is)...i will test out the new build tomorrow....with a full list of bugs/working stuff....

but since more people with no pin have calls working it could be an issue with the pin instead of the cdma stuff.....could be a coincidence too :)

@stritfajt: any way we can help more?

Schiehallion

Mar 3, 2009
London
What's Ele's progress? Like the hunter he is I bet he brings home the bacon soon. Well done all you lads on this

Sent from my Hero using XDA App

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Ok so flashed again for another test. Found these things, if I'm picky...

- settings pages sometimes cancel out of current submenu without warning
- settings with a popup select box fail to render.... I think its in display timeout?
- frequent alerts of either sim missing, sim inserted tap to restart phone, sporadically switching between those states
- on one bootup it correctly showed TELUS network but calls again didnt work and sim errors repeating still ... My theory is that I may have briefly had sim access maybe but died before I got to try phone call?
- adding widgets to screen (funky way to do this now, by the way) failed for me without error
- WiFi config ok and browsed Google ok but after reboot WiFi showed no signal thereafter
- flashed gapps but it failed with error during wizard and prevented further experiments cuz it blocked home access.

Last edited:

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
Hoorah for me.
I can make and receive calls on O2 uk.
I have a sim pin enabled. Status bar shows no signal but manually selected O2.
Not finding the screen as fast as others indicate but switching screen animation off made a big difference.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Hoorah for me.
I can make and receive calls on O2 uk.
I have a sim pin enabled. Status bar shows no signal but manually selected O2.
Not finding the screen as fast as others indicate but switching screen animation off made a big difference.

I searched everywhere like settings-display but couldn't find animation settings like that?

S

stritfajt

I would greatly appreciate if you guys could provide me with the following information:

Is calling/data working for you?

Which radio version are you using (if you're unsure you can boot the phone with the volume down button pressed)?

I'm starting to believe that this is relevant since I can't seem to spot any regional pattern or something.

Thanks!

dkelley

May 11, 2010
I would greatly appreciate if you guys could provide me with the following information:

Is calling/data working for you?

Which radio version are you using (if you're unsure you can boot the phone with the volume down button pressed)?

I'm starting to believe that this is relevant since I can't seem to spot any regional pattern or something.

Thanks!

I think I'm using the latest radio. I'm in western canada (vancouver area, telus network).

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
How do I find radio version..... Vol- button just starts me in safe mode.

Also.... has anyone fiured out conncting to laptop..... would like to add an app or 2 to delve around...... file explorer at least.

S

stritfajt

How do I find radio version..... Vol- button just starts me in safe mode.

Also.... has anyone fiured out conncting to laptop..... would like to add an app or 2 to delve around...... file explorer at least.

Yeah, can't you see your radio version on the 5th row from the top there?

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
Eh.... no. Safe mode is the same as normal with safe mode in a box at the bottom left.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Baseband version is 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.11

Is that what you need.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)