new firmware update

Search This thread

mohageer

Aug 1, 2010
saudi arabia
Last edited:

sab742

Apr 21, 2012
You didn't capture the URL so we can all download it too?

Please can I ask a big favor of you?

If you could restore your phone (it will rollback to before the firmware update, but still have 8773) and download Wireshack and monitor you internet connection in promiscuous mode. Enter filter: "http.request" (without the double quotes). Start to update your phone. You'll see all the webrequests it makes. You'll also see the cab file for the firmware update. It will look something like this: http://download.windowsupdate.com/m...1/02/oem_update**********.pks.***********.cab

That's the address we all need to know in order to download the firmware update on our phones (like mine) which aren't receiving a notification on Zune.

EDIT: If you're not willing to do the above then please just tell us about your phone (what country, whether it is branded with a mobile phone company or unbranded, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: mohageer

giobooo

Feb 15, 2009
Rome
No updates today here! Does anyone have the option to send voice memos through MMS after Tango update? I can't even export contacts to SIM.

giobooo

Feb 15, 2009
Rome

sab742

Apr 21, 2012
Thanks very much for posting that.

So its the fabled April 2012 update, in this instance its the unbranded Nordic (localized) retail release. It should work on all unbranded handsets. I would expect that it will be coming to all retail phones fairly shortly?

Last edited:

sab742

Apr 21, 2012
Hi
I've done the update using this "http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=929", everything went fine but now I have a lot issues, like unable to access SMS, contacts, wifi, updates setting, internet... = Nothing is working anymore ;__;

Any idea on how to fix this ?

Restore in Zune. Note of caution for anyone else looking to use this update..

ScHaPaH

Jun 28, 2012
I've tried but I can't find the restore button..

Attachments

• zune.jpg
    zune.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 100

ScHaPaH

Jun 28, 2012
I've done : S ·(S)end Cabs to device
I've tried to do the language pack update but it didn't work.

Last edited:

ScHaPaH

Jun 28, 2012
Why didn't you do a backup? :confused:

Run the cab sender tool and press R.
"No restore point found" :( I really don't know why I haven't done a backup point before trying anything, I thought everything would work fine...

Now, when I try to update the phone through Zune it says my phone is up to date instead of the previous error. Do you think I could try to force the update with the airplane mode + "cutting network connection" trick ?

Btw, how can I restore my phone with Zune ? Settings->Update->Restore ?

Last edited:

ScHaPaH

Jun 28, 2012
Okay guys, I've tried everything back and it's working now. I've the new Internet Sharing option and stuffs.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts